How do you guys make extra cash?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So in an effort to save money and buy a house relatively soon Ive been forced to tighten up my spending. Which means cutting my gun funds to zero which does not make me happy.....

Im looking for ideas that I could potentially put to use, I have alot of free time in the evenings since I just got rid of the gf and I dont get paid for overtime. So in order to feed the need for the bang, what do you guys do to earn a litle extra cash ($2-300) during the month?

justsomeguy

deranged.......
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Gretna
    i do engine performance work on my friends race cars ( top sportsman dragsters ). Id like to hear some others suggestions though. could be interesting.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I sell guns, to pay my student loans and support my habit.

Lately I do it to support my habit.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Scrap metal. Although, I haven't made a trip to the scrap yard in a while, so I am not up to date with any new laws or regulations. It helps if you have a utility trailer and a truck, otherwise, this may not be an option for you.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Scrap metal. Although, I haven't made a trip to the scrap yard in a while, so I am not up to date with any new laws or regulations. It helps if you have a utility trailer and a truck, otherwise, this may not be an option for you.

Very true. The local scrapyards here give a price on iron/steel in 100 pound units. Copper thefts have become such an epidemic here that the main scrapyard won't take any wiring with the insulation burnt off, and holds it 5 days before giving you a check.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish

Don't go more than once a month without a Second Hand Dealers license or you will run afoul of the local constabulary.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I pick up extra shifts, but i would imagine doing some lawn work may get the money you need. Cutting grass, pulling weeds etc...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    So in an effort to save money and buy a house relatively soon Ive been forced to tighten up my spending. Which means cutting my gun funds to zero which does not make me happy.....

Im looking for ideas that I could potentially put to use, I have alot of free time in the evenings since I just got rid of the gf and I dont get paid for overtime. So in order to feed the need for the bang, what do you guys do to earn a litle extra cash ($2-300) during the month?

I pull an overtime shift (Last month, I pulled 4. That's what knowing TDH and an affinity for Noveske products will get you...). If someone has a nice sports car, I wash that (I charge $45 or so for wash/wax and love sports cars. It's like a sighting in a firearm with a friend, to me. Good times. Give me a beer while I wash it, and you get bonus points.)

I am also saving (to leave LA), and I have the bank pull money off of each pay-check and put it in an account I never look at. It grows in the dark like a mushroom, and I can spend every cent I make, otherwise, and be saving just fine. It removes the need for "self-control", as you never see the money, and that account, I have no checks or debit card for. If I don't physically go get it across town, it doesn't get gotten.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am showing my sister how to make dog leashes and collars soon, plan is to raise money for my moms cancer treatments. I am too busy to make them, but they are pretty easy and I can make quality stuff for made it Mexico prices. We are working out the legalities, can't start a charity and have her benefit from it, so we are looking at other options so I don't have to pay taxes on the money from dog collar and leash sells.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom