Huge fine for no fishing license in Mississippi. Did not even have bait.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    How would the agent know if there was bait on the hook before he got there?? He could just figure the fishes took the bait already and the ladies had not re-baited..From the agents perspective I would think they were fishing....

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    howtofish_line.jpg

Your GF must've been using this instructional. "It didn't say to put bait on the hook." :dogkeke:

G

gunguy11

Too bad one of the girls wasn't the agents cousin... 10 minutes behind the cabin and no ticket.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    My girlfriend and some of her work friends went camping in Mississippi at Flint Creek a few weekends ago. They were relaxing by the creek behind their cabin with some fishing poles in the water. A wildlife and fisheries agent strolled on by and gave the four with poles in the water tickets for no licenses.

My girlfriend found out today that all four tickets were for $440 each. WTF? They did not even have bait. They had no intention of catching fish. If she is made to pay this ticket I will surely not be spending money in Mississippi ever again.

I don't blame you. Fishing or not fishing is not my complaint. Mine is this:
    Why in the he-l cannot people get outa dodge once in a while, go camping or hiking or whatever without having to have agents popping up outa the woods trying to get somebody for enjoying a recreation? Can't people just be left alone sometimes?

Remember Ruby Ridge? Not related to this issue but it just shows you how the Govt. has agents wandering around the woods and mountains trying to get someone for something. Poor Randy Weaver, he moved out to the wilds to get away from the rat race and couldn't. It followed him.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA

HAHA! Poor dems, we give them so much crap. But, it's funny. And true.

I don't blame you. Fishing or not fishing is not my complaint. Mine is this:
    Why in the he-l cannot people get outa dodge once in a while, go camping or hiking or whatever without having to have agents popping up outa the woods trying to get somebody for enjoying a recreation? Can't people just be left alone sometimes?

Remember Ruby Ridge? Not related to this issue but it just shows you how the Govt. has agents wandering around the woods and mountains trying to get someone for something. Poor Randy Weaver, he moved out to the wilds to get away from the rat race and couldn't. It followed him.

So, wait...you're saying you DON'T want the LEOs to enforce the laws we have??? Personally, I find that to be one of the biggest problems with this state is people BLATANTLY breaking the law and not getting even a slap on the wrist for it. Mainly traffic violations.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    since they were not smart enough to put bait on the hook i dont think they're smart enough to find out how much the ticket is on their own. i wouldnt take their word for it being $440 and if it was my gf i sure as hell wouldnt pay for it.

dominick2417

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    HAHA! Poor dems, we give them so much crap. But, it's funny. And true.

So, wait...you're saying you DON'T want the LEOs to enforce the laws we have??? Personally, I find that to be one of the biggest problems with this state is people BLATANTLY breaking the law and not getting even a slap on the wrist for it. Mainly traffic violations.

Sounds like we have a gentleman that has never gone over the speed limit here. Sitting on the side of a creek relaxing is hardly breaking the law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    They broke the law. They diserve the consequenses. You may not agree with every law, but if you decide to break it they you also have to be prepared for the consequenses. You also seem biased because its your girlfriend were talking about here. Hope they caught something atleat.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sounds like 4 adult women should have enough common sense to not put hooked lines in the water if they aren't "fishing." If a fish had actually bitten one of the hooks, then what? Are they still not fishing because they didn't put bait on?

I speed all the time, but I know if I get a ticket, it's because I was speeding.

G

gunguy11

Way to show your ass, dude. Never said I haven't gone over the speed limit, never said I'm a perfect little angel. Nice try, chief.
    Cut him some slack he is from nawlins, those cops hardly ever enforce their laws.... This is all new to him.
    Lol

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's been several hours- and I still can't seem to grasp the concept of the "baitless fishing pole" as a needed component to induce relaxation.

Should I be worried?:confused:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I wonder if that line of thought works for cheating.

"Well, yeah, sweetie, I was inside her, but we weren't having sex. It's just how we were relaxing."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Someone needs to start a Facebook poll on the percentage of people who believe the use of a baitless fishing pole for the specific purpose of inducing relaxation could be mistaken for the act of sport fishing.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I think the issue is not so much whether or not they thought they were "fishing," but more whether they thought that casting a line into the river would somehow be illegal.

Hunting laws are inane, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom