I don't get it, why didn't they obey the sign?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I find this
    A recent study out of Purdue University found that all but two mass shootings since the 1950s have occurred in locations where victims were restricted from carrying weapons for self-defense
    , far more interesting than the short sightedness of the restaurant.

There have been quite a few mass shootings in the last 60 years!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I can't wait for some ballsy guy to sue the pants off the establishment over this sign.

"You stated that this was a gun-free area, and I was robbed at gun point. Psychological damages etc etc etc"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He'll probably realize where he went wrong- and put up a bigger sign. :dogkeke:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    In case anyone is confused, they don't put up the sign thinking it will stop armed robbery. They put it up because they think gun owners are crazy nut jobs who will draw their gun and shoot someone over anything. I don't like my salad! BLAM! You overcharged me for my lunch! BLAM! They aren't just afraid of career criminals. They're afraid of us.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    In case anyone is confused, they don't put up the sign thinking it will stop armed robbery. They put it up because they think gun owners are crazy nut jobs who will draw their gun and shoot someone over anything. I don't like my salad! BLAM! You overcharged me for my lunch! BLAM! They aren't just afraid of career criminals. They're afraid of us.

because the sign will deter nutjobs that'll shoot you over getting their order wrong?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

This is necessary here

I would bet more money on them just being anti-gun in phony ideology along with an arrogance of not wanting to be "coerced" or "intimidated" by pro-gun/Republican types.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I would bet more money on them just being anti-gun in phony ideology along with an arrogance of not wanting to be "coerced" or "intimidated" by pro-gun/Republican types.

Insert your own 'luckily for him the dems showed up' joke here, I guess.... :doh:

Gambit

Mall Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Baton rouge, louisiana
    Seriously guys yall need to read the article better before making comments. The no gun sign was posted on the front door and the robbers entered through the back door. So obviously they didnt see the sign. Im sure if theyd have seen it they would have obeyed the posted warning. This is clearly negligence on the part of the owner for not posting the signs at all entrances. :p

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Seriously guys yall need to read the article better before making comments. The no gun sign was posted on the front door and the robbers entered through the back door. So obviously they didnt see the sign. Im sure if theyd have seen it they would have obeyed the posted warning. This is clearly negligence on the part of the owner for not posting the signs at all entrances. :p

Adding 'Seriously- We Mean It!' to the bottom might give the sign up front a little more "UMPH", too. Sometimes you have to let some people know that you really mean business.
    thisissparta.gif

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I'd take that bet with the caveat that we both agree they are ALSO anti-gun in ideology. Mostly they just think we're crazy gun nuts.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Me personally, I'd rather be shot during a robbery than shot during an argument between a customer and the guy at the counter who put pickles on the customer's burger.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom