I'm not North Korean, I'm South Korean!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I get that all the time. I'm Korean but people will either say I'm samoan or ask if I'm from Hawaii. I guess it because I'm 6'3 and about 265. It use to offend me but it doesn't now, I just laugh about it.

You're Korean?! WTF! Isn't the average height in Korea like 4'?!

Damn man, I just always thought you were a big stoned white guy. :rofl:

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    I used to always ask Asian girls I meet what kind of Asian are they if I can't figure it out or guess it. It helps prevent hitting on some kind of cousin if I stay away from my own ethnicities (Laos/Cambodian). Once is bad enough.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I used to always ask Asian girls I meet what kind of Asian are they if I can't figure it out or guess it. It helps prevent hitting on some kind of cousin if I stay away from my own ethnicities (Laos/Cambodian). Once is bad enough.

tumblr_lmon9iMOYA1qafrh6.jpg

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans

In Ontario, Canada where I have lots of family, but didn't know it at the time. At a party, I chatted a cute girl up, even talked to her mom and got her mom to like me as well. Nothing ever happened but I see her a few times and chat with her, but on one trip out I'm visiting a "relative's house" and the mom is there and talking to one of my aunts and my uncle about hooking her daughter up with the nice American college kid(I have a common nickname). Sees me and calls me over and my uncle tells her I'm his nephew and laughs. So she goes on and says good so that means his(my) family is going to be a good family. Sidenote: In our culture everyone is formally called Uncle, Aunt, older brother, older sister, nephew etc. Then he corrects her and says no that their daughter,the girl I've been trying to close the deal with, is my first cousin and that he really is my uncle by blood. So my aunt all this time has been trying to find out who I was and devise a way to marry her daughter, who I was attempting to be not so cousinly with, off to me not knowing that I was really related to them. I have avoided her and almost every Laotian girl since that trip so many years ago.

Thinking back, that is not the only story I have(I have an unbelievably large family) but any others will need to be coaxed out of me under the influence of a controlled substance.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    In Ontario, Canada where I have lots of family, but didn't know it at the time. At a party, I chatted a cute girl up, even talked to her mom and got her mom to like me as well. Nothing ever happened but I see her a few times and chat with her, but on one trip out I'm visiting a "relative's house" and the mom is there and talking to one of my aunts and my uncle about hooking her daughter up with the nice American college kid(I have a common nickname). Sees me and calls me over and my uncle tells her I'm his nephew and laughs. So she goes on and says good so that means his(my) family is going to be a good family. Sidenote: In our culture everyone is formally called Uncle, Aunt, older brother, older sister, nephew etc. Then he corrects her and says no that their daughter,the girl I've been trying to close the deal with, is my first cousin and that he really is my uncle by blood. So my aunt all this time has been trying to find out who I was and devise a way to marry her daughter, who I was attempting to be not so cousinly with, off to me not knowing that I was really related to them. I have avoided her and almost every Laotian girl since that trip so many years ago.

Thinking back, that is not the only story I have(I have an unbelievably large family) but any others will need to be coaxed out of me under the influence of a controlled substance.

Oh don't feel bad. Freshman year of high school I was jealous of a long time friend because he was dating a junior that was smoking hot. Found out later she was my first cousin.

I used to date a Laotian girl, my girlfriend is Vietnamese, you can tell usually by their last name

Maybe. If a man moves here from Ireland, and his last name is O'irishy, he marries a woman that came from Germany, their son marries a girl that is Japanese, and their son marries & has a child with a woman of Australian descent... last name is still O'irshy but they are far from Irish.

Oh no, this is about to get me started on my other rant: when people on tv attribute something about them or something they can do to their ethnicity. Like a guy with an Italian last name, say, Tony Micelli, makes a good lasagna for his daughter, Samantha Micelli.. and she says THIS LASAGNA IS AWESOME, DAD!

and he says "Ohhh heyyyyy oooooo it's because I'm Italian."

But what if he was 8th or 9th generation American. How many non Italian people have entered his bloodline? He could only be 1/4th Italian and not even know it.

I know, I'm a little weird :rofl:

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Oh don't feel bad. Freshman year of high school I was jealous of a long time friend because he was dating a junior that was smoking hot. Found out later she was my first cousin.

Maybe. If a man moves here from Ireland, and his last name is O'irishy, he marries a woman that came from Germany, their son marries a girl that is Japanese, and their son marries & has a child with a woman of Australian descent... last name is still O'irshy but they are far from Irish.

Oh no, this is about to get me started on my other rant: when people on tv attribute something about them or something they can do to their ethnicity. Like a guy with an Italian last name, say, Tony Micelli, makes a good lasagna for his daughter, Samantha Micelli.. and she says THIS LASAGNA IS AWESOME, DAD!

and he says "Ohhh heyyyyy oooooo it's because I'm Italian."

But what if he was 8th or 9th generation American. How many non Italian people have entered his bloodline? He could only be 1/4th Italian and not even know it.

I know, I'm a little weird :rofl:

Lol, my last name is irish, but im really irish, french, native american, and english. That's just tracing back 4 generations so im just american at this point.....

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i deal with alot of people on ships from different parts of the world. they get very offended if you ask them if they are from somewhere other than where they are. i don't even try to guess anymore. i look at the manifest and half of the countries they are from i don't even know.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    i deal with alot of people on ships from different parts of the world. they get very offended if you ask them if they are from somewhere other than where they are. i don't even try to guess anymore. i look at the manifest and half of the countries they are from i don't even know.

It's really interesting to look at global maps every ten to fifteen years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom