I'm not North Korean, I'm South Korean!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaninja

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    Dammit I wish I would have caught this thread a couple months ago. I'm half korean and half white. I'm in racial purgatory, to the Asian's I'm "round eye" and to the whites I'm "Charlie" sigh.. I do have good luck with the spanish chicks though! Woohoo!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Generally speaking you can differentiate the South Koreans from the North by the fact that they are typically taller and able to get to America.

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    Dammit I wish I would have caught this thread a couple months ago. I'm half korean and half white. I'm in racial purgatory, to the Asian's I'm "round eye" and to the whites I'm "Charlie" sigh..

It could be worse. You could be adopted from Korea and raised by some Texans that moved to Alabama. Because of this I am probably the most redneck Korean any of ya'll will ever meet. Also being Korean is one reason why I will never own an AK... but at least I have good taste in SUVs.

25493_543040256593_78204578_31673275_4404803_n.jpg

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Just for exercise can anyone guess this guys ethnicity ?? Think of this as sensitivity training

Hillbilly.png
    [/IMG]

He's an undercover spy for the Russians, posing as a dumba-s redneck, but he is secretely gathering info. and photos on our military installations.

Either that or he is an Andromedan from the Andromeda constellation on a pre invasion scouting trip.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I use to work with a guy who was from Honduras (lived in US since infancy) and for the longest time I swore he was Asian.

Last edited:

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    going back to the op. People get angry when confused because of how some cultures are seen. For example if someone calls me a mexican, I will either get offended or think of them as ignorant. I have lived here in south Louisiana for half of my life, born in Venezuela. When i talk people get me confused with a local but when they seem me they know im not. So i speak spanish and english (both fluently very well).
    I get offended when someone calls me mexican because mexicans are associated with poverty, being short, and being here illegally, etc. Which gives them a bad image.
    Now look at the mexican people on tv, they are wealthy, good looking, and can live in their country and not be affected by the poor.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    If they're obviously Asian or Latino, but speak with a very Americanized accent I figure it doesn't matter. They probably can't understand Grandma half the time themselves.. They're American, just a different crayon in the box.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I think that people who have problems with out of country people should enlist in the American Military for at least 2 years, it will open your eyes, lots of out of country people enlist in our military, I met many of them during my career with the military..
    In my experience with speaking to people of Asian decent, they seem to be very sensitive about people remembering what specific race they are, or will even expect you do know just by looking at them.

I'm sorry, I do not keep a catalog of info on everyone I meet, and though each country will have certain characteristics in common, they are not 100% accurate. Besides, most of the Asians a lot of people see are on tv or in movies, where the actor doesn't have to be the race of the person they are playing.

The last time this happened, the girl was Taiwanese. She asked me a question and I replied "Aye" and she thought I said "Hai" and said I'M NOT JAPANESE!

Jeezum.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I think that people who have problems with out of country people should enlist in the American Military for at least 2 years, it will open your eyes, lots of out of country people enlist in our military, I met many of them during my career with the military..

You're right. All Asians should join the military for 2 years.

I think that is what you meant, hmm.

Top Bottom