June 1st - Crimial Justice Commitee: ARCHIVE VIDEO is up for those who missed it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The change to 316 was better, but I would like to see it killed. I have problems with concealed carry without other criminal acts being a felony no matter how many times you do it.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    The change to 316 was better, but I would like to see it killed. I have problems with concealed carry without other criminal acts being a felony no matter how many times you do it.
    me too, there are too many elements that can be described as a dangerous weapon.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Why is this guy asking about POST Cert? It's my understanding that POST Cert covers far more than a citizen needs to know to be able to carry legally, and what not. It's not about firearms training so much, is it?

Is it really a fair comparison?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Dan, did the LSA take a stance on HB11 or HB413?

We did not take a stand on HB11. Wade Duty and Gordon Hutchinson both feel very strongly about it and are opposing it. NRA supports it but is in a hard place because they also certify the trainers.

Remind me what 413 is.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I support it. I am pretty sure LSA is taking an official position in support. The discussion should really hurt all of our heads with its stupidity.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy

Ok good, so I'm not totally unfounded in my doubts about his line of questioning.

I'm disappointed at the gentleman, though stating himself respectfully, thoroughly, and logically... I'm disappointed that he's not in favor of the bill. As much as I can respect that some people reach their physical limit, and they need to be aware of the law, I do not believe the Second Amendment has any qualifiers in it that say only "able bodied" citizens have the right to bear arms, nor that they have to pass a law exam.

The comparison to drivers licenses is invalid as there is no right to drive cars on public roads. We also don't have to take an exam here on just about any other topic to prove that we are aware of trespassing, burglary, or any other general laws.

Hand out a pamphlet with the renewal and request a signature saying you've read it and are clear on it. Done.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Ok good, so I'm not totally unfounded in my doubts about his line of questioning.

I'm disappointed at the gentleman, though stating himself respectfully, thoroughly, and logically... I'm disappointed that he's not in favor of the bill. As much as I can respect that some people reach their physical limit, and they need to be aware of the law, I do not believe the Second Amendment has any qualifiers in it that say only "able bodied" citizens have the right to bear arms, nor that they have to pass a law exam.

The comparison to drivers licenses is invalid as there is no right to drive cars on public roads. We also don't have to take an exam here on just about any other topic to prove that we are aware of trespassing, burglary, or any other general laws.

Hand out a pamphlet with the renewal and request a signature saying you've read it and are clear on it. Done.
    I did not take a stance on HB11 either. I have tried to do reduced time classes, covering the same info in a shorter time. Unfortunately, most people renewing NEED the additional training on all topics. This probably stems from their first class was with an incompetent instructor.

Top Bottom