June 1st - Crimial Justice Commitee: ARCHIVE VIDEO is up for those who missed it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    It is a good thing there is no IQ test before you can run for office. This is democracy in action with all of its warts.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Any of them comming to speak today? I wouldn't berate the guy for his experience. He is misguided.

If anything, I don't think Virginia Tech should be our role model of how to do things.

I was berating the (ab)use of his experiences as if it makes him an expert. Having been there does nothing to improve the quality of the opinion they put forth, whether pro or anti.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Any of them comming to speak today? I wouldn't berate the guy for his experience. He is misguided.

If anything, I don't think Virginia Tech should be our role model of how to do things.

If people have the right to choose whether they wish to defend themselves and he doesn't wish to do so, that is his prerogative. If I wish to be capable of defending myself, I should also have that prerogative. I have a hard time understanding a person who has been shot 4 times while helpless to defend himself desiring to maintain the conditions of his victimhood.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He is not just a victim, he is a pawn!
    I guess we (collectively as a society), should be happy it usually doesn't go that way for most victms of criminal violence.

Last edited:

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If people have the right to choose whether they wish to defend themselves and he doesn't wish to do so, that is his prerogative. If I wish to be capable of defending myself, I should also have that prerogative. I have a hard time understanding a person who has been shot 4 times while helpless to defend himself desiring to maintain the conditions of his victimhood.

Very well said.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I realize Rep. Norton is stupid, but for any other douchebag legislator acting condescendingly towards her, shows the lack of class by the whole assembly.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Is anyone here -against- HB489 - to remove the 6mos minimum residency before applying for a CHP? What reason would there be?

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I, personally, think the renewal is a good thing. 5 years is a good time period and I don't think we should mess with it anymore. I WOULD be in favor of reducing or eliminating the state fees for renewal if at all possible. I think a test of competency with a firearm every few years is a good thing considering most concealed carriers don't shoot even once a quarter.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I agree on all counts. My only guess is he got a good paying job out of it.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Poor Wade having to explain things to Norton. I feel for him having to break it down for her. I'm sick, I've had fever and chills most of the night and have been cramping and crapping myself nearly to death and I'd rather face another week of that than have to sit there and deal with someone like Norton.

Top Bottom