Lawyer needed, OCer arrested in Monroe, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    So when someone contacts local, the oc authority in this state apparently, is it policy to post the persons business and contact info on bayoushooter? Methinks a person could do that on their own.
    Good point. Personal info edited. I originally left it there so anyone with advise regarding a lawyer could contact him directly instead of going through me.

Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area
    Yes it does paint a clearer picture when all the info is available to process, doesn't it!

Qudo's to the LLEO and the Walmart Mngr., slap-in the face to all Pro-Gunners all because of a "suspect" law breaking dope head! All at a time we really needed that, eh? :confused:

Cool Heads must prevail 'er our Freedoms will fail!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I sent an emil to the father explaining that the article made it appear to be more than a simple case of walking into the store armed and that he may have a problem finding a progun lawyer to help with this. I just got this reply...
    Your organization does not know of any attorney that I could use , the did not want to leave part is bull they were outside by the car waiting for the police and this is the part that I would want a lawyer for. Can you tell me why you believe it will be hard to find a lawyer to take this case?
    Why would you wait in the parking lot in your car? If you are asked to leave you LEAVE. By the time the cops showed up they could have driven to Target, gotten what they needed and been home. Oh well.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    from the bond information it looks like they found no PC on the carrying charge, just on the DTP, weed, and trespass. He is lucky he didn't get charged with possession of a firearm with a CDS, that's a felony and could have stuck.

Leave means leave immediately. I bet if the response was "I'm sorry sir, if I place my weapon in my vehicle may I still shop?" the answer would have been "No problem". If the response would have been "Yes sir, we're leaving now" and you get in your vehicle and leave the premises there would have been no issues. However, if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm always amazed at the number of people who believe that open carry is protected in Louisiana when it's actually just not forbidden. Huge difference there. They think they are protected to carry in public places. They do not realize that stores are not, technically, public places anyway.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    So if you're trying to lead by example, why would you have an idiot like that at your table?
    I doubt he'd be welcome. I've emailed the person organizing the West Monroe meetup and he's already said he's not interested in having the guy as a member. Using him as an example of what not to do though....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This post contains every non-tactical reason Open Carry is an awful idea. Just for clarity; we have a married 19 year old carrying a gun, a father that has no idea what the law says and thinks its a suggestion, and is so ignorant about firearms that he thinks his son was carrying a 40mm. Does that about sum it up?

What did he do to catch his DTP charge?

He wouldn't have had to do anything. That's the oldest default for arrest in the book. So far without reading past post 2, things are going according to the playbook.

I'll read on.

Top Bottom