LAZY MOTHER !*@%#$@ at WAL-MART

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Instead of rolling your eyes why not google how to change out a car battery? Might save you some time, money, and prevent high blood pressure at an early age.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I may not be the most mechanical person in Livingston Parish but I do know how to change a battery. I guess my opinions on the value of customer service is a bit higher than some people.

Just to recap:

The battery dying wasn't Wal-Mart's fault
    Me walking into the auto service center 3 minutes after 7 wasn't Wal-Mart's fault
    The customer service skills of the clerk: ****
    Wal-Mart had an opportunity to go the extra mile to make a customer happy and blew it
    Me spending double to get my battery replaced: My fault

Conclusion:
    exellent customer service is a dying breed
    I need to put the tool kit back in my trunk

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I may not be the most mechanical person in Livingston Parish but I do know how to change a battery. I guess my opinions on the value of customer service is a bit higher than some people.

Just to recap:

The battery breaking wasn't Wal-Mart's fault
    Me walking into the auto service center 3 minutes after 7 wasn't Wal-Mart's fault
    The customer service skills of the clerk: ****
    Me spending double to get my battery replaced: My fault

Conclusion:
    exellent customer service is a dying breed

It's freaking walmart man stop being so emotional and look at it logically.

You should have bought a replacement battery, bought the tools/flashlight/whatever else you needed, changed it out yourself, then returned all the tools for a refund.

Complain all you want, they don't care, they got millions of people buying from them every day 1 person isn't going to make a difference.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Trust me you would be surprised on some of these cars or trucks what it takes to remove the battery.

The battery in my Camaro is under the truck floor, under the air compressor, under the spare tire, lol. It's pretty fun to get to.

But what I do at work makes that a cake walk, so moot point...

Someone mentioned overtime at WalMart. There is a lot of truth behind that. When I worked at Home Depot 4 years ago my manager was not happy at all when anyone went over their hours. If I was 15 minutes over 40 I was forced to come in late/go home early, take an extended lunch, it didn't matter, just had to dump that time.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Now its my turn to hop on the soapbox and rant :mad:

So this evening my car battery decides to die right in the middle of the Wal-Mart parkinglot. Lucky for me, or so I thought, the Walker Wal-Mart has an auto service center. A few minutes and I'll be back on the road. So I walk into the service center and there is the cashier along with the crew sitting around chatting. I tell them about my car troubles and that I need to purchase a battery and have an install.

The clerk: I'm sorry sir, our automotive service center closes at 7pm.

Me: Ma'am, its 7:03. I'm stranded in the parkinglot. My wife doesn't drive and this is our only vehicle. Can someone please help me out? I will gladly tip someone if they can just give me 5 minutes of their time

The clerk: We close at 7

Me: It's 7:03

The clerk: Guess you should have been here 3 minutes sooner.

Me: Are you f***ing serious, 3 minutes really????? Hell lady I've been arguing with you for longer than it would have taken someone to switch out the battery.

The clerk: Would you like to see a manager?

Me: Oh trust me, I will be speaking with one believe you me.

So instead of spending $59 for a Wal-Mart battery and tipping an associate $20 to install, I had to pay a tow company to come give me a jump, then pay $139 for a battery at Autozone. Now I understand its not Wal-Marts fault that my battery died. I understand they close at 7PM but hell hasn't anyone ever heard of going the extra mile for a customer. Hell I didn't even need a mile, I needed about a 10 ft walk into the parkinglot.

I do plan on calling the district manager and informing him about my experience but I'm sure he won't give a rats ass. I also plan on replacing the tool kit I had in my trunk so the next time I can swap my own battery. And finally I think my next, and last purchase at Wal-Mart will be made with unwrapped pennies.

Rant off
    Welcome to ChinaMart how may we not help you....not surprising at all.....How about when it's closing time and in front of a business on the highway there is an 18 wheeler that has caught fire...you pull over and run up to this business to get a fire extinguisher to help the driver put the fire out...just a fire extinguisher right ,compared to a $150,000 truck right.....the manager of the store locks the door right before you try to open it and ask for help...he looks at the truck and then looks at you like your stupid and says ,sorry sir we're closed for the night......I would fire those associates for not helping out....sorry you had this happen..

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Welcome to ChinaMart how may we not help you....not surprising at all.....How about when it's closing time and in front of a business on the highway there is an 18 wheeler that has caught fire...you pull over and run up to this business to get a fire extinguisher to help the driver put the fire out...just a fire extinguisher right ,compared to a $150,000 truck right.....the manager of the store locks the door right before you try to open it and ask for help...he looks at the truck and then looks at you like your stupid and says ,sorry sir we're closed for the night......I would fire those associates for not helping out....sorry you had this happen..

Although I think your example of a truck on fire is a little extreme compared to a dead car battery, I'm glad someone else gets it

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    As soon as I read "Walker Wal Mart," I was hooked. The Tire & Lube center manager is a douchebag to the nth degree, and I will NEVER buy jack from them, not pay them to do anything to my car again. I'd light my car on fire before letting those assclowns touch it.

I went there to have a new tire, purchased from Tirerack.com as a road hazard replacement, and in order for me to get my reimbursement, the company that insures the warranty has to speak with the technician to ask questions about the tire to ensure that it is a road hazard issue. So, no one in the TLE knew what the hell I was talking about when I told them I needed this, so I spoke to the manager, and he said it would be fine for the tech to speak with me and let me know what happened, so I have them mount and balance the tire, and I go on about my shopping. I checkout, go back to TLE, and take my crap back to the car to load it into the trunk. I asked the girl who checked me in if the tech said anything about the tire, and she replied that they didn't. So, I wait there, call the insurer, and let him know what's going on, and he informs me that he does need to speak to the tech, so I go back into the TLE area, and the manager just happened to be walking out at the same time as I was walking in, and I ask him if the insurer can speak with the tech who did the work. He replied with a very dick-ish, "no, NO one can speak to MY technicians," and he turns his back and starts walking off. As he does this, I am in the process of telling the insurer that, "the manager is being a dou..." and before I can get it all out, the manager turns back around to me and explains to me why no one can speak with his techs. Some BS about them not being certified mechanics, blahblahblahI'ma****ingdumbass. So, I ask the insurer if he would talk to the manager, and he tells me that he will, so long as the manager has seen the tire. So, the manager agrees to this, comes to my car with me, looks at the tire, answers the questions, walks away.

Seriously, you're the effing manager at a WALMART TIRE & LUBE EXPRESS CENTER, not a Spartan warrior, not a CEO, not even a freakin' manager of the STORE. I repeat, I will NEVER do business with TLE at Walker Wal Mart again. I will take my jerry can, walk to the gas station, fill it up, bring it back to my car, douse the engine in the fuel, and set fire to it before letting them even sniff my farts again.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Speaking of idiots mounting tires...

We once went to I think Tire Kingdom in Denham in a bind to have some tires and wheels put together. The manager came outside and looked at what we had and says 'Yea, I'm not trusting the guys I have here today to touch those'. Hah, at least he was up front about it...

Went to the tire place by Cortana. They hand picked the more experience guy there that day to do the job. Came out fine. We stood in the shop by the tire machine and instructed them what side the weights were to be on, etc...and all was well.

WalMart is crazy....because the techs are not geniuses by a long shot and the whole place is scared to death of legal consequences, etc...it's about as politically correct and common sense-less as it gets.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I feel your pain. A lot of guys in this thread are missing the point that it wasn't about WalMart policies. It was about someone able to fix the problem hiding behind corporate regulations to avoid lifting a finger to help someone who really needed it.. The tiny action could have resulted in a huge PR binge. Instead Walmart looks like a pack of corporate assholes.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I feel your pain. A lot of guys in this thread are missing the point that it wasn't about WalMart policies. It was about someone able to fix the problem hiding behind corporate regulations to avoid lifting a finger to help someone who really needed it.. The tiny action could have resulted in a huge PR binge. Instead Walmart looks like a pack of corporate assholes.

This is partly true,

but I used to work at wallyworld, and first off they will flip out if you go over your assigned work time, even if you have a 32 hour week, if you are 32hours and 10 mins they **** and moan. Also workers are not supposed to except tips, due to store policies they can be fired.... Also working on a customers car after clock out would also be a BIG no no.

As much as they probably were being rude, there isnt really much they can do.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    In this wonderfull sue happy world I can't really blame them. While the department is open they have insurance against something going haywire, which sometimes happens with a battery change on newer vehicles. After that departments hours they might be up **** creek without a paddle if the vehicle doesn't start or something arcs out while installing. So I understand where the OP is coming from, but at the same time I understand the people behind the counter. I'm not going to risk my job for going outside and doing a job on clock while I'm expected to be doing something else, and I'm not going to install a companys battery without the insurance to back me up if something messes up. Sure 20 dollar tip is a good one, but I'm not going to lose my job or get personally sued if something messes up for it. Just my .02.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Walmart is really strict about overtime. If one of them wanted to do it on their own time, then so be it, but you can't expect them to break the rules and possibly get fired because you think they should stay open past the time they are forced to shut down :confused:

Bad thing is its against walmarts policy for employees to accept tips. When I worked for them in college if a customer wanted to tip me they had to drop the money on the ground and I could pick it up but not from hand to hand. I was one of the few who would go out of my way to help a customer and most were appreciative.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Bad thing is its against walmarts policy for employees to accept tips. When I worked for them in college if a customer wanted to tip me they had to drop the money on the ground and I could pick it up but not from hand to hand. I was one of the few who would go out of my way to help a customer and most were appreciative.

Actually any money obtained that way is suppose to be turned into the accounting office to become profit for Walmart.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Wait! You would let Wal Mart mechanics work on your car? :chuckles: I can't believe you didn't just buy a battery and a wrench set. You would have saved a lot of money.

I understand your point though. They could have done the right thing. But instead chose to be rude and arrogant. Contact their GM. If not happy with his response then corporate.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom