like glenn beck?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Beck has dropped off the deep end in the past few years and in my opinion does more hurt than he does help.

I find his rantings to border on the absurd. There are enough legitimate, real reasons to be concerned about our current leadership,
    making up sensational theories to scare people and sell books makes him look like a whacko, and only furthers the stereotype that all "right wingers"
    think and believe as he does.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Necessary Evil, sorta like keeping shotguns, it's good when they know you have em

Not sold on his rap, but keeps the fires burning under the progressives.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He hasn't been the same since he got the TV gig.....I used to really like his radio program.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Can't say I like him anymore. He more than likely lost his mind 2-3 years ago when he found out what sells and jumped all in on the crazy train. There use to be some really good clips of him on youtube back from his CNN days and he actually had guests on his show and debated and discussed things. Now you cannot be on his show unless your explaining how its TEOTWAWKI

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, to be fair he's not a journalist. He's a commentator.

Sure, he says things that draw fire, but to me what he does isn't nearly as bad as the cheerleaders for the left who claim to be actual journalists.

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Well, to be fair he's not a journalist. He's a commentator.

Sure, he says things that draw fire, but to me what he does isn't nearly as bad as the cheerleaders for the left who claim to be actual journalists.

Okay, I apologize. Terrible commentator. Just another talking head. Lean too far one way and you become blind to reality. And no matter what he says, he's not a moderate or independent.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Okay, I apologize. Terrible commentator. Just another talking head. Lean too far one way and you become blind to reality. And no matter what he says, he's not a moderate or independent.

No need. Hell, me- I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a real journalist at the national level anymore, anyway....:dunno:

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Beck's show today,...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEYPJ5qJIU&feature=player_embedded[/ame] about 6:45 in he starts talking about the response Obama will make about the Gabrielle Gifford tragedy. Obama invited The NRA to have talks about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and others who shouldn't have them,... Wayne L Pierre eviscerated him in a return letter,... http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/obamaletter314.pdf. Say what you want about Beck I used to listen to his morning radio show maybe five years ago and he was hilarious, but he kept getting more and more dark and serious and I began to think he was a total downer and stopped listening but all the stuff he was talking about then has come true now, I started listening again. He predicted the stock market bust 3 years before it happened along with a whole lot of other things,... so anyway my .02 take it or leave it.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't watch his TV show, but love his radio show. He can be a bit wacky at times, but has a lot of spot on stuff. Plus, he's frickin' hilarious. Whenever he goes off the deep end with stocking up on beans, bullets and gold, it makes me laugh; not because it's a bad idea (it's a great idea) but because he's really blowing out of proportion the whole "immanent economic collapse" thing.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I USED to watch him but it didn't take that long before he started to slip off into wackodom. Power corrupts and it got to him. As his audience grew, so did his head.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I am another that doesnt watch his show anymore, but listen to his radio show everyday. Sometimes he makes me question things and research and other times I just laugh for a couple of hours, the other two on the radio with him help keep the mood lite most of the time.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Sometimes his presentation gets a little silly, but I have not heard him say one thing that he has not researched to the max. And I have yet to hear of anything he has talked about refuted by the libs (with FACTS, not generalized anti-whatever left wing Soros propaganda).
    If you can get past the silly you will learn a lot about what is really happening in our country. Or you can continue to sit back and soak up the national left wing media crap and watch our country sink.
    IMHO.

Top Bottom