Liscense plate question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Why don't you just OBEY the LAW to avoid a ticket? I guess you're one of those folks who think the laws don't apply to them, just every one else.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yep those covers work great! :rofl:

This guy told me that it wouldn't show up on camera.

Steve005-2.jpg

Steve0031.jpg

Hey wait a minute! What are those blue diagonal lines your vehicle is parked on there, buster?:eh:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Hey wait a minute! What are those blue diagonal lines your vehicle is parked on there, buster?:eh:

You would have to know this guy to understand. He has those thin blue line sticker all the way around that vehicle, he's handicapped, disabled, and works 365 nights a year doing physical type of work. You would have to know him.

6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    Some work better than others. The trick is getting them as close to perpendicular as possible. most cars have the plate angled up, which does 2 things, 1 makes the plate blurry from behind due to viewing at an angle,2 makes the angle the cover uses to hide your plate less extreme in relation to the camera, neither are ideal.i had to space mine out almost an inch at the top to get it right. i have had one on my car for years and nobody ever notices even leo at a traffic stop. mine has worked for me more than once i have gotten the flash and no gotten a ticket. my problem is not with the law but the lack of judgement a camera shows, in some situations running a stale yellow may be the safest or only option, but the camera does not care. i am not saying i am right but it is right for me.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Some work better than others. The trick is getting them as close to perpendicular as possible. most cars have the plate angled up, which does 2 things, 1 makes the plate blurry from behind due to viewing at an angle,2 makes the angle the cover uses to hide your plate less extreme in relation to the camera, neither are ideal.i had to space mine out almost an inch at the top to get it right. i have had one on my car for years and nobody ever notices even leo at a traffic stop. mine has worked for me more than once i have gotten the flash and no gotten a ticket. my problem is not with the law but the lack of judgement a camera shows, in some situations running a stale yellow may be the safest or only option, but the camera does not care. i am not saying i am right but it is right for me.
    you are confused about the process. just because a picture was taken and you didnt get a ticket doesnt mean the plate did not show up.. trust me, they do not work. an officer still reviews the pics and video so that lack of judgement you speak of is probably why you didnt get a ticket.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I recently had one flash at me in New Orleans where there was essentially a speed bump from road work in front of the intersection, so I had to practically stop while the light was green, and immediately upon entering the intersection from a slow speed it turned yellow, forcing me to stop in the median as I wouldn't have enough time to clear the intersection.

Have not gotten a ticket yet but if I do. . . . :curse:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The covers are retarded stupid because you forget they are there after 2 weeks, and then after 3 months they get all yellow and foggy and opaque. The opaqueness gives the jackbooted thug behind you reason to stop you, smell your pot that you were smoking, bust you and haul you off for three hots and a cot.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    you are confused about the process. just because a picture was taken and you didnt get a ticket doesnt mean the plate did not show up.. trust me, they do not work. an officer still reviews the pics and video so that lack of judgement you speak of is probably why you didnt get a ticket.

If you do not believe they work, then you have not seen one that works ;)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you do not believe they work, then you have not seen one that works ;)
    i know exactly what you are talking about and they def blur out the plate when viewed by the naked eye. i am no expert so i could not tell you how the camera catches it.. im sure someone on here could explain it though

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The covers are retarded stupid because you forget they are there after 2 weeks, and then after 3 months they get all yellow and foggy and opaque. The opaqueness gives the jackbooted thug behind you reason to stop you, smell your pot that you were smoking, bust you and haul you off for three hots and a cot.

"jackbooted thug"? dang, i always liked my motor boots but never felt like a thug

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Something even funnier than the covers is the clear spray reflective stuff that was selling like hotcakes around Lafayette when the Redflex scam, err, stuff started. That didn't work either. BTW the Lafayette Consolidated Govt passed an ordinance prohibiting the use of "any appliance or application to deter photography of a vehicles license plate".

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Question----- How long to you have to work in LE to get a retired LEO plate?

AUTHORITY
    R.S. 47:463.24

DEFINITION
    State law provides for the issuance of Retired Law Officer license plates for private passenger automobiles, vans, private trucks up to 10,000 lbs, motorcycles and motor homes.

ELIGIBILITY
    Any person who was employed as a law officer for twelve years or more is eligible for this type plate.

REQUIREMENTS
    To apply for a Retired Law Officer license plate, the applicant must submit the following items:

A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed if the vehicle is currently registered. If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, then all necessary documentation required for titling of the vehicle must be submitted along with the request for the Retired Law Officer license plate.
    Proof that the applicant was employed as a law officer for twelve years or more, regardless of whether or not that person is a member of, or is receiving retirement benefits from a retirement system for law officers.
    A notarized affidavit to include the applicant's place of employment and statements attesting that the applicant was not discharged for misconduct related to his employment and has not been convicted of any felony. The affidavit must be submitted at initial issuance and at each renewal.

FEES

A one-time fee of $25.00 in addition to regular registration fee.
    The renewal fee for the Retired Law Officer plate is regular registration fee only.
    $8.00 handling fee is due on all transactions except renewals
    $3.50 administrative handling fee is due only on initial issuance.
    $3.00 fee is due to transfer the plate to another vehicle.

This plate may be transferred from one vehicle in the applicant's name to another vehicle in the applicant's name. The plate cannot be transferred between motor vehicle owners.

All requests for initial issuance of the special plate must be mailed to the Title Registration Unit, Headquarters, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896. All other transactions can be processed at any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.

Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    I had a guy cut me off this morning on the GNO on the way to work. Black SUV with Law Officer plate. He had one of those plate covers as well. Drove like an A-hole. Appeared to be Orleans Parish SO. I was wondering the same thing as the OP.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom