Livingston Parish man dies shortly after arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    OK so I had to read the caption to figure out what this retardation was all about. Actually I shouldn't say that because it groups retarded people with you, and that is not fair to them.

The guy was pulled over for driving impaired, chances are he was stoned on heroin WHILE DRIVING ON A PUBLIC ROAD.

I could give a **** less if he was at his home shooting heroin till he died, whatever floats his boat, but for him to get on the road and RISK MY LIFE is unacceptable. He can go choke on a baggy of heroin for all I care, wait he already did.

Trust me I'm all about bashing cops that abuse their power, but to say this ******* was murdered is a little wishful thinking.

PS: PROPS to officer getting this dumbass off the road and protecting all the other drivers who are not being selfish pricks.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    No that is not allowing cops to whatever they want, that's taking a person who would likely have killed himself, if not others by driving impaired off the streets. The guy killed himself when swallowed an amount of drugs that induced an od. He should have owned up to his actions handed over the drugs went to jail, got a good lawyer and went to rehab. It was his own actions that caused the entire situation. That officer had no intent of seeing someone die in a routine traffic stop. The officer only did his job. If you want to bitch about cops bitch about nopd illegalally confiscating guns not this guy trying to help someone get there life straight whether in the end it was by rehab or jail. Oh wait our legal system couldn't possibly be trying to help someone guess what jackass that's what prison is for, not just to detain you but so you think about your actions and hopefully make you regret them enough you straighten your life out. Talking to you is probably like talking to my pillow so that's what im about to do, goodnight.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yeah murdered. This is just like if you took my car keys for example, does that give me the right to choke you out and then twist your neck as hard as I can untill it breaks, just because you have something of mine that I want back? This cop murdered this poor guy and needs to be brought to justice. I never even knew that this happened untill tonight I guess livingston police did a good job sweeping it under the rug. This is just like when the cop pulled his gun and killed a guy because he thought it was his taser. Yeah it was a accident but now a guy has lost his life in the hands of someone else's stupidity and lack of selfcontrol.

I don't remember the report saying the Deputy breaking his neck. I guess you got a copy of the Dr. Coe's report tonight. Hey it wasn't the Livingston Police it was the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office.

I'm just glad the dope head didn't drag the Deputy out in the travel lane and it was close. I would say the guy killed himself. End of story.

Last edited:

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am sorry I just don't see it. Dummy head got pulled over, had a illegal item on him, cop ask him to hand it over. So dummy head decided to eat it and choke or OD or what ever. Now if the cop would have shot him for refusing to hand over the drugs that would have been a different story.

brcb7tuner

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I could really care less about it. Yall do have a couple good points about trying to get him off the road and whatnot. I never said the guy wasnt wrong for having drugs in the first place. But in the end the cop broke the guys neck and killed him because he wouldnt give him the drugs, exactly what my title said. Both were wrong and the cop deserves more then just a slap on the wrist for mudering someone and im sure he is going to get it by having to think about it everyday for the rest of his life. Just because he was a cop and he thought that gave him the right to do whatever he wanted to get the drugs from this guy. So in the end god will sort him out as a murder or not its not up to me. I just thought it was wrong and he deserved to get more than just a slap on the wrist and this swept under the rug by Livingston for mudering someone who didnt deserve to be murdered as far as I could tell.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I could really care less about it. Yall do have a couple good points about trying to get him off the road and whatnot. I never said the guy wasnt wrong for having drugs in the first place. But in the end the cop broke the guys neck and killed him because he wouldnt give him the drugs, exactly what my title said. Both were wrong and the cop deserves more then just a slap on the wrist for mudering someone and im sure he is going to get it by having to think about it everyday for the rest of his life. Just because he was a cop and he thought that gave him the right to do whatever he wanted to get the drugs from this guy. So in the end god will sort him out as a murder or not its not up to me. I just thought it was wrong and he deserved to get more than just a slap on the wrist and this swept under the rug by Livingston for mudering someone who didnt deserve to be murdered as far as I could tell.

I'm out
    godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_Facepalm_collection-s640x387-82177-580.jpg

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Was he choking him for that long? I have no sound, all I see is choking? That's what an officer is to do when someone is swallowing evidence? I am trying to understand.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, stupid cops. Always trying to stop people from breaking the law. I should be allowed to break the law without having to worry about the man telling me not to. I should be able to swallow bags of drugs and choke on them and have people blame the cops for me being a total ****tard dumbass. It's not like it would hurt anyone else if I was all ****ed up on frugs driving down the interstate and got into a crash, everyone knows crashes only involve the people at fault and never hurt any innocent people. I just hope one day I can rise to the level of society where death by choking on a baggie of drugs that I'm trying to hide from the police will make me a "good guy"

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah murdered. This is just like if you took my car keys for example, does that give me the right to choke you out and then twist your neck as hard as I can untill it breaks, just because you have something of mine that I want back? This cop murdered this poor guy and needs to be brought to justice. I never even knew that this happened untill tonight I guess livingston police did a good job sweeping it under the rug. This is just like when the cop pulled his gun and killed a guy because he thought it was his taser. Yeah it was a accident but now a guy has lost his life in the hands of someone else's stupidity and lack of selfcontrol.

You are a ****ing moron, please kill yourself. Just don't use a gun, we don't need the bad publicity spilling over from you single stranded gene pool

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I knew this man personally....he was my boss for a short period of time. Truely a good person no matter what people think. His name is Adam Stogner. But sad to say that drugs had a grip on his life and I can't agree or disagree with the Leo as I don't know what I would've done. But he was a good guy that got caught up in drugs.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I knew this man personally....he was my boss for a short period of time. Truely a good person no matter what people think. His name is Adam Stogner. But sad to say that drugs had a grip on his life and I can't agree or disagree with the Leo as I don't know what I would've done. But he was a good guy that got caught up in drugs.

I too know some folks just like this and sadly an Uncle who I will most likely see on a Police Video just like this in the future. It KILLS me inside, and my family too. So many chances, so many years over and over again. All we can do is pray for him and continue to give him the most support we can.

However, I have come to grips with reality. He's been fair warned for decades. If the above were to happen to him of course I'm not going to be happy. The LEO's in this incident didn't start their shifts hoping to kill a drug addict in a scuffle who was trying to swallow a bag of drugs that would have most likely killed him anyway. They would have loved for him to JUST COMPLY! and go in the car with handcuffs on we'll talk about it all back at the station. But no, from the very start he had his mind made up that he was not going to comply. You leave the Officer no choice. What should he just let you not comply and everyone else who just happens to THINK that the laws in place or stupid and shouldn't apply to them? Yea, ok.

Anyway as I was saying, I've come to grips with reality that the above might very well happen to a family member of mine and by doing so I can only hope the officers gives him the chance to comply like the Officer above did. In the end, he'll either comply or resist. The ball is in his court not the Officers, but once you cross the non-compliance line your responsible for everything that happens to you thereafter. You had your chance.

AND as I always like to point out during these topics. Somehow, this has NEVER happened to me. In fact it’s never even so much as come close to happening and I seriously doubt it will EVER happen to me. I also do not for a second wonder why that is?

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    What kind of ******* gets out of the truck for a traffic stop with dope in their hand?
    Yes, the cop was choking on him for a while, but what is he supposed to do? Say, ok, this guy isn't going to spit the dope out, I guess I should just let him go?
    Play stupid games..........

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    He should have owned up to his actions handed over the drugs went to jail, got a good lawyer and went to rehab. It was his own actions that caused the entire situation.
    THIS.
    The side of the highway is not the place to make a stand. Open your hand like the deputy ordered, go to jail, let your lawyer sort it out later.

Top Bottom