Loctite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    If you didn't degrease them first it probably was a waste of time. How is the hat attached to the arbor press? I can't find anything on any mfgrs website. Is it just gravity?

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Small screws to mount base to action, yes. Small screws to attach top ring to bottom ring, yes. Larger bolts that hold rings to base, no. Torque to 68 inch/pounds and it should be good. This is for my application, your results may vary. And the blue Loctite.

Did you just answer the question you posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Did you just answer the question you posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did. I had a gunsmith tell me that Loctitie was not needed on a scope that he just mounted for me. I have been using Loctite for years. I was wondering if I had been doing it wrong. I asked here, a few other people in person, and customer service for the scope and mount manufacturer. Came up with my answer.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes I did. I had a gunsmith tell me that Loctitie was not needed on a scope that he just mounted for me. I have been using Loctite for years. I was wondering if I had been doing it wrong. I asked here, a few other people in person, and customer service for the scope and mount manufacturer. Came up with my answer.

If you know better than the gunsmith, why didn't you do it yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

It is the silver metal object with the rack and pinion thing that goes up. I think the thing that goes up makes it tactical.

It holds my hat. That's what makes it tactical. Idk what it's supposed to do.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    You reallly need to knock it up to an even 70 in/lbs, Dave.

I was going to suggest that he go to 72 inch pounds or just use 6 foot pounds.

Problem is one of y'all would call on it being 5.9999997861144 foot pounds and not an even 6.

BarryJ made no claims or had any questions on anything related to vice mounting.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Nevermind. I was gonna ask Dave a question, but that's what he wants. He wants to drag me down to his level. Goodnight.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    BarryJ,
    If you don't post on forums you can't have a problem. That is why so many people I meet from here quit posting.

I know I have either not responded or started to respond and decided to delete certain things.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    BarryJ,
    If you don't post on forums you can't have a problem. That is why so many people I meet from here quit posting.

Why let one pompous ass ruin it for everybody? I ask one simple question and he acts like I'm stupid. This isn't the first time he has shown his ass and probably won't be the last.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Why let one pompous ass ruin it for everybody? I ask one simple question and he acts like I'm stupid. This isn't the first time he has shown his ass and probably won't be the last.

Just ignore him completely and/or add him to your ignore list.

There's one on every gun forum I've been on.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

You asked a question you already knew your answer to. If you don't want to read my opinion, don't post in an open discussion forum.

Just ignore him completely and/or add him to your ignore list.

There's one on every gun forum I've been on.

272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a51f77c0665f840.jpg

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Why let one pompous ass ruin it for everybody? I ask one simple question and he acts
    like I'm stupid. This isn't the first time he has shown his ass and probably won't be the last.

That is why not posting does not work for me.

Where I disagree with you and dk.easterly is both of you keep saying 'one'. I keep hoping Dave M. is actually a really good dude that is just misunderstood. This can't be just about the loctite. I am not getting what the damage is on that. The only way we can judge members here is by what the type on the keyboard.

Where I do agree is that BS.com will only exist by having good members posting.

Even the most civil forums I am on are not perfect. There are usually those that are extreme on both sides of an issue. Opinions vary. Rules are not always followed or enforced with 100% consistency. Same for forums that are less civil. A lot of guys complain but don't report to the mods. For example if a spammer come on they type a response instead of reporting to a mod.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    This can't be just about the loctite.

Loctite just happened to be the subject. It's about Dave talking down to people and calling them names if they don't agree with him. I never met Dave and the only contact I have had with him are posts on this site. I hope he is misunderstood, but until I see a change, I will not respond to any of his posts and I wish he would do the same.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Loctite just happened to be the subject. It's about Dave talking down to people and calling them names if they don't agree with him. I never met Dave and the only contact I have had with him are posts on this site. I hope he is misunderstood, but until I see a change, I will not respond to any of his posts and I wish he would do the same.

If I don't agree with them? LOL you're butt hurt and you know it.

I said you can use blue, purple, whatever the manufacturer recommends, or nothing at all. Seems like I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything other than how you came in and blasted anyone's opinion because...

I have been mounting scopes for 45 years using blue Loctite.

So GTFO with your whining, especially since you originally asked this...

Should Loctite be used when mounting a rifle scope?

Top Bottom