Louisiana First Atheist Church Service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Bingo... If you don't worship Christ, you worship Satan..

jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If they are atheists, they'll get it. No problem.

Tax exempt status is only difficult if a group has traditional American/Christian values.
    Only if the 'traditional value' includes donations and support of political campaigns or promotion of hate speech which, even then, is rarely pursued.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If they are atheists, they'll get it. No problem.

Tax exempt status is only difficult if a group has traditional American/Christian values.

Or right leaning Constitutionalists, conservative businesses, people with (R)'s by their names, citizens that expect their government to follow laws, anti-illegal immigration and border security folks, etc., etc.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Only if the 'traditional value' includes donations and support of political campaigns or promotion of hate speech which, even then, is rarely pursued.

So, who is the arbiter of hate speech?

You telling me, with a straight face, that liberal tax exempts don't engage in political activities. You need a new schtick.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So, who is the arbiter of hate speech?

You telling me, with a straight face, that liberal tax exempts don't engage in political activities. You need a new schtick.
    I wasn't insinuating anything - if I had someone to single out or an abstract point to make, I'd just come out and say it plainly. I don't make a habit of veiled or coded statements.

I was talking about the basic standards for tax exemption.

Hell, honestly, the group in the OP could just go for being a 501c3. That's not really all that difficult if you're committed to the organization existing.

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    Very weird. Sounds like some people lost their faith but still need the comfort of "religion". Seems like the makings of a cult to me. There's nothing to celebrate as an atheist, since it's merely a lack of something. Sorta like dudes who don't play baseball getting together for a baseball game, but there's no baseballs. Just plain weird.

As an Atheist, we have LOTS to celebrate. I'm a regular dude, just like most of you guys...I love shooting guns, I love my Country, and I love eating good food. I celebrate the lives of my wife and I, the natual world and the universe, and the beauty in a newly acquired 1911.

And most Atheists don't "Lose their faith"...we simply choose to believe a different path than our old religious roots. It doesn't make us weird and it doesn't make us smarter/dumber.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is inaccurate.

You can't speak for them (that specific group of individuals), can you?

I am not a believer either, but I don't profess any distinguishing label about it (though I guess technically not believing would make me atheist for the most part). And I certainly don't care to push it in others faces either. By the article alone, it seems they are jubilant about making it known.

That part I don't get!?!

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    You can't speak for them (that specific group of individuals), can you?

I am not a believer either, but I don't profess any distinguishing label about it (though I guess technically not believing would make me atheist for the most part). And I certainly don't care to push it in others faces either. By the article alone, it seems they are jubilant about making it known.

That part I don't get!?!

I choose the label "Atheist" because nothing else really fits...so, as an Atheist, my goal is not to mock any religion. Will I have a conversation with an interested party about what they believe and why I stopped believing? You bet! I love playing Devil's Advocate in order to show multiple viewpoints and other sides to an argument. But to say that this group of Atheists is having a "Church" service in order to mock Christians is silly and I disagree with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom