LSU and Les Miles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    This answers the ? of who is the better coach. It's the guy at bama.
    Now how much are the tax payers of La. going to fork over for miles to go eat grass.

drmweaver2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    It is unfortunate that he was fired.
    The writing was on the wall last Fall... Perfect performance or hit the door. Totally unreasonable expectations placed on him/team results.

I expect him to have a new job by the end of January if not the end of the season.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I've never been able to understand peoples emotional tie to LSU football....or any other sport. It's game and it's for entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    It is unfortunate that he was fired.
    The writing was on the wall last Fall... Perfect performance or hit the door. Totally unreasonable expectations placed on him/team results.

I expect him to have a new job by the end of January if not the end of the season.

The expectations were high because the talent is there on the team. The only thing they have lacked is good QB development. The rest is all on the coaching, not having the team properly prepared to win and not managing the game well to do so. LSU should be able to win every game this year with the possible exception of Alabama being the only team that is really their equal, and considering Alabama's own struggles this year, they would be beatable with the right coaching. The expectations were not unreasonable, not this year. Losing 2 out of the first 4 is unreasonable this year.

But you may be right, Miles is a big name coach and he will probably be back on the field next season. There are only so many coaches out there who have won a national championship and are available for hire (even though he won it really with a team Saban built).

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    The 20-0 loss to Alabama in the 2012 National Championship game was the beginning of the end for Miles. The inexplicable poor play of the offence and resistance to to change quarterback to Jarrett Lee when it was obvious to all that Jordan Jefferson was ineffective revealed his hardheaded do it my way mind set.
    The match up with Alabama in the 2012 BCS should never have taken place. The true national championship game had taken place earlier in the season when LSU beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. It went against an unwritten rule that only conference champions should be matched up in the BCS game. The match up was hyped and pushed by the sports media.

Last edited:

drmweaver2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    I can see some of the arguments that LSU's failures to produce great results are Miles' fault/responsibility. However, QB performance, heck actual performance by any/all player(s) on the field, is out of the control of the coach at the time plays are being made/not made. But SOMEONE HAS TO BE BLAMED... so it is often the coach who is blamed when the reality is the players simply did not perform.

I agree that some of the play calling and clock management issues must be 90% or more Miles' responsibility alone. However, if you review the plays made and not made by his players over time, LSU has repeatedly been handicapped/hamstrung by individual player performances. Blame the coach for lack of preparation? That's the easy way out. If a player doesn't perform in the clutch, that's on him, not the coach.

I would hire Miles tomorrow if I were an AD anywhere else... for as little money as I could get him for or as much as I had to pay (within reason of course). I happen to think he's a better coach than Saban; he certainly has more integrity.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I can see some of the arguments that LSU's failures to produce great results are Miles' fault/responsibility. However, QB performance, heck actual performance by any/all player(s) on the field, is out of the control of the coach at the time plays are being made/not made. But SOMEONE HAS TO BE BLAMED... so it is often the coach who is blamed when the reality is the players simply did not perform.

I agree that some of the play calling and clock management issues must be 90% or more Miles' responsibility alone. However, if you review the plays made and not made by his players over time, LSU has repeatedly been handicapped/hamstrung by individual player performances. Blame the coach for lack of preparation? That's the easy way out. If a player doesn't perform in the clutch, that's on him, not the coach.

I would hire Miles tomorrow if I were an AD anywhere else... for as little money as I could get him for or as much as I had to pay (within reason of course). I happen to think he's a better coach than Saban; he certainly has more integrity.

I'll agree that individual player performance is a huge part of it, but LSU beat themselves this past weekend. It's the coaches job to get the players on the field and it's the coaches job to manage the clock. There were a few missed opportunities and dropped passes, but that would have been the difference between winning and losing, not if we would have steamrolled Auburn. LSU should have put up at least 21 points, and they were stuck running poor plays and coming up short every time. There is no lack of talent, but there is a lack of coaching.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The match up was hyped and pushed by the sports media.

Would I have liked to see Oklahoma State and LSU play? Absolutely. I feel bad for OSU getting pushed into the chips and dip bowl.

But we have to be honest... LSU vs. Alabama IN NEW ORLEANS is the perfect recipe for insane amounts of revenue.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So who should they go after? For me, it's Herman. Do we want to challenge for championships again? Do what it takes to get that guy in BR. :x:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom