M&P 9c or Glock 19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    So... which is it? Or did you buy both, and determine which one was better based off of what, one trip to the range?
    good catch. the Glock 19 is the first gun i technically BOUGHT, i got the ruger sr9c because my roommate who owned one moved to england so he gave it to me, and no not one trip to the range, another buddy has the M&P shield and ive personally probably put 1000 rounds through it, and as far as my glock 19 i put 300 rounds through it my first trip to the range and 200 rounds 2 days later, so id say i can make a judgement

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Cool, you'll notice that once you put a decent amount of rounds through the gun the trigger will wear in and smooth out a lot. Why do you prefer the ruger, aside from the trigger?

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    i like the sights better, its more slim and i dont know whey someone above said they wouldnt trust a ruger with their life, i dont even know how many rounds have been put through my sr9c but not once has it ever had any type of malfunction abd sr9c vs glock, i prefer having an external thumb safety

now your turn please let me know how the sr9c is any bit of an inferior gun?

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The glock 19 is actually slimmer than the ruger, it is also lighter(unloaded), carries 5 more rounds, doesn't have an external safety(they're useless to me and I personally believe they are a handicap and give unsafe people a false sense of security, but that is for another topic), has massive after market support, a nearly infinite list of accessories and parts, and doesn't have the questionable reliability of the ruger.

Last edited:

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    The glock 19 is actually slimmer than the ruger, it is also lighter(unloaded), carries 5 more rounds, doesn't have an external safety(they're useless to me and I personally believe they are a handicap and give unsafe people a false sense of security, but that is for another topic), has massive after market support, a nearly infinite list of accessories and parts, and doesn't have the questionable reliability of the ruger.

A....i have both the glock 19 and ruger sr9c in my hand right now, overall width, is technically thinner in the glock but the rugers grip is overall smaller, so it fits in my hand better, as far as the safety goes, id have to disagree with you, it doesnt give you a false sense of security, it actually is safer, as long as your capable of training yourself to make one extra movement to disengage the safety, but both those to points are matter of opinion so neither of us can really be wrong, and as far as "questionable reliability" yes everyone in the whole world knows the glock for its reliability but neither in my own personal experisnce nor have a ever read or seen anyone who has issues with their sr9c, the difference is everyone is on the glock band wagon, i will say that the ruger sr9c is the most under rated handgun on the market, but id love to know how much experience you personally have with the sr9c, do you own one? how much have you ever shot one? and how many malfunctions have you personally ever had with a sr9c.
    on a side note, not to long ago vigilantspectre uploaded a video on youtube of a M&P pro series that had the polymer split after only like 33 rounds ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJg4hjqPlQs

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Really? https://www.google.com/search?q=rug...es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=ruger+sr9c+problems+2013

I have not fired a single round through a ruger sr9c. Thumb safeties and low capacity disqualified it from having any use with me.
    i would not base my knowledge on internet complaints, when i said ive never head of, read or seen issues, i was basing that off of people i personally know, credible reviews, or the gun actually in my hand, im not sure how you can sit there and make this arguement when you havent EVER shot the firearm, id say my arguement is alot more credible considering i have both firearms, dont get me wrong, im more then happy i bought my glock and wouldnt trade it for any gun i do not currently have, but my whole point of the arguement is that if i had to choose between the glock 19, suger sr9c, and the M&P, i would choose the sr9c

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    i would not base my knowledge on internet complaints, when i said ive never head of, read or seen issues, i was basing that off of people i personally know, credible reviews, or the gun actually in my hand, im not sure how you can sit there and make this arguement when you havent EVER shot the firearm, id say my arguement is alot more credible considering i have both firearms, dont get me wrong, im more then happy i bought my glock and wouldnt trade it for any gun i do not currently have, but my whole point of the arguement is that if i had to choose between the glock 19, suger sr9c, and the M&P, i would choose the sr9c

So when you said you've never read any issues, you didn't actually mean you never read about any issues? I don't need to shoot a kimber to know that it is unreliable. I don't need to shoot a ruger to know it has a thumb safety or holds 10 rounds. I HAVE shot force on force and seen how quickly 10 rounds can go down the drain. I've also seen shooters accidentally reengage a safety and forget it was on after drawing(actually saw this again yesterday). I can easily sit here and make the argument that one is superior to the other because I understand that 15 is a bigger number than 10, I've also shot quite a few pistols which have safeties, I understand their function, and have seen them be problematic. If you like the ruger more than the glock, that is fine. It makes no difference to me.

Last edited:

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Really? https://www.google.com/search?q=rug...es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=ruger+sr9c+problems+2013

I have not fired a single round through a ruger sr9c. Thumb safeties and low capacity disqualified it from having any use with me.

not only that but after reading through those articles that you linked to, nearly every single one was someone complaining that straight out of the boz they were having issues.......some gun manufactuers use grease that needs to be cleaned off before using the gun, prime example, my first handgun ever was a remmington R1 1911, i bought it at the range and fired it while i was there, i had a couple of FTFs, i was a little concerned, i went home and cleaned it well, havent had an issue yet, ever since then i clean my guns before firing thme for the first time

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I don't need to shoot a kimber to know that it is unreliable. I don't need to shoot a ruger to know it has a thumb safety or holds 10 rounds.

so lets say that you wanted to move to new york.....purely theoretical......would your 15 round glock that you would then have to use as a 10 round glock be any better other then your desire not to have a thumb safety?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yes. It would certainly be better for me. If I was moving to NY and I was forced to comply with magazine capacity laws I would seriously look at going to a larger caliber, possibly a glock 23 or a 30.

GlockVS1991

QuikDraw
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    OH BOY - WHEN DID THE OP ASK ABOUT RUGER?

I have both G19 and S&W M&P 9c - I like the SW better!
    in my experience forum websites are supposed to be about helping other people, if the OP were to read this and go and try out a ruger SR9c and think it were the greatest gun ever then my arguements would be completely worth it.....in my opinion that is, i threw the ruger into it because i think its a legit contender and should be considered

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Okay - In my experience, I give my opinion on the topic!
    Sooooo..... SW M&P 9c all the way!

in my experience forum websites are supposed to be about helping other people, if the OP were to read this and go and try out a ruger SR9c and think it were the greatest gun ever then my arguements would be completely worth it.....in my opinion that is, i threw the ruger into it because i think its a legit contender and should be considered

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

I cleaned that up a little bit and made it somewhat understandable.

JR1572

In my experience, forum websites are supposed to be about helping other people. If the OP were to read this, go try out a ruger SR9c, and think it's the greatest gun ever, then my argument would be completely worth it. I threw the ruger into it because in my opinion, I think it's a legit contender and should be considered.

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Not going to get into that argument, but the first time I went gun shopping, I held a Glock 22, XD9, and a SR9. The first two felt pretty good, but the Ruger immediately turned me off, so much so that I wrote off the entire brand. I've come to like the way their revolvers feel in my hand, and I'll have a MkII or MkIII eventually, but I haven't liked any of their polymer automatics that I've held or shot.

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I love the mkii and mkiii. I'm a fan of the 22/45. But putting a sr9 against an m&p9 and a g19 is like putting a hamburger into the ring with a New York strip and a sirloin.

Top Bottom