Marlin Model 25 problem

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    I recently acquired a couple of my grandfather's old 22lr rifles. One was a single shot remington and the other was a Marlin 25 bolt. There were no magazines with the Marlin so I ordered 2 of them. When they came in I immediately snapped one in, but now I cannot get it out no matter what I try. There is a small button near the bottom of the mag that you press to release it, but it is staying depressed in the rifle. It has a little bit of play with the bolt open but no play with the bolt closed. I've tried a few different plans of attack so far...

....wondering if anyone knows any tricks before i bust out a hammer and a screwdriver and bang away on it?

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My daughter has one. Fun little .22. I know that when I insert the mag it usually goes in with a bit of an angle. Much like an AK's mag. But I have never had a mag jam like that. Hope you can avoid the hammee and screwdriver......

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have a model 25N, haven't actually looked at it in years, but IIRC the plate on the bottom of the stock that has the mag catch/release is only held in by 2 screws. You should be able to remove that plate (and the mag at the same time) and see what is causing it to hang up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom