Marlin Model 25 problem

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    I recently acquired a couple of my grandfather's old 22lr rifles. One was a single shot remington and the other was a Marlin 25 bolt. There were no magazines with the Marlin so I ordered 2 of them. When they came in I immediately snapped one in, but now I cannot get it out no matter what I try. There is a small button near the bottom of the mag that you press to release it, but it is staying depressed in the rifle. It has a little bit of play with the bolt open but no play with the bolt closed. I've tried a few different plans of attack so far...

....wondering if anyone knows any tricks before i bust out a hammer and a screwdriver and bang away on it?

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My daughter has one. Fun little .22. I know that when I insert the mag it usually goes in with a bit of an angle. Much like an AK's mag. But I have never had a mag jam like that. Hope you can avoid the hammee and screwdriver......

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have a model 25N, haven't actually looked at it in years, but IIRC the plate on the bottom of the stock that has the mag catch/release is only held in by 2 screws. You should be able to remove that plate (and the mag at the same time) and see what is causing it to hang up.

Top Bottom