Mary Landrieu Caught in Residency Flap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    The TP is finally covering the story. The pro mary trolls on nola.com are amazing as is the hate for the tea party and anything not Obama endorsed.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/08/mary_landrieu_sued_over_her_lo.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Former challenger Paul Hollis has sued Democratic U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, contending that she cannot represent Louisiana because she lives full-time in Washington.

The suit was filed Friday in state district court in Baton Rouge. It says Landrieu's home "is her 2.5 million dollar residence on Capitol Hill."

Landrieu is registered to vote in Louisiana, using the New Orleans address where her parents live. It's owned by a trust in which the senator, her eight siblings and their parents share equally.

Landrieu has said she lives there when not serving her constituents across the state and in Washington.

Hollis dropped out of the race in July and endorsed Republican U.S. Rep. Bill Cassidy.

Cassidy and tea party favorite Rob Maness have both taken aim at Landrieu's residency in speeches.

Vote anybody but Landrieu in Nov 2014.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Holy Crap. It is true.

miss-piggy-press-conference-toronto.jpg

Landrieu-SenateYouTubejpg.jpg

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    What I don't get is why isn't her opposition running with this in the form of political advertisements? It could go something like this: Mary doesn't care about Louisiana, all she cares about is Washington DC as noted on her voter registration card from the District of Columbia. Then show a copy of the card. I'll even let her opposition steal my idea royalty free!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I don't get is why isn't her opposition running with this in the form of political advertisements? It could go something like this: Mary doesn't care about Louisiana, all she cares about is Washington DC as noted on her voter registration card from the District of Columbia. Then show a copy of the card. I'll even let her opposition steal my idea royalty free!

There are some ads to that effect. It depends where you are located as to whether you see the ads or not. In areas where she is not expected to do well they don't spend the money preaching to the choir.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Her vote for Cloture in the Senate Abhorrent-care mess, which was clearly bought with a political bribe, and despite the objections of the majority of Louisianans, should in itself be all that is needed to toss this career politician in the street. However, if this woman gets re-elected after all of the crap being exposed on top of that; this country will never come back.

I can't even imagine the crap they will start to get away with if the retards here outnumber the sensible ones.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Her vote for Cloture in the Senate Abhorrent-care mess, which was clearly bought with a political bribe, and despite the objections of the majority of Louisianans, should in itself be all that is needed to toss this career politician in the street. However, if this woman gets re-elected after all of the crap being exposed on top of that; this country will never come back.

I can't even imagine the crap they will start to get away with if the retards here outnumber the sensible ones.

Who do you feel has the best chance to beat her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who do you feel has the best chance to beat her?

You are not going to like the answer. I personally want new blood in all of these political arenas. But this woman has really crossed the line for me to the point where I want her beat so bad; I would vote for another establishment candidate just to get her out. And as screwed up as that is, we have to send messages to these scumbags, that you cannot vote your party when a clear majority of your constituency demands you don't. She broke two of the golden rules of pseudo-representation.

If ever there was a crystal clear example of a career politician that has turned into a tax payer trough feeding ideological zombie desirous to remain in power, it's her.

Personally, I am still undecided; but I cannot let her win.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    You are not going to like the answer. I personally want new blood in all of these political arenas. But this woman has really crossed the line for me to the point where I want her beat so bad; I would vote for another establishment candidate just to get her out. And as screwed up as that is, we have to send messages to these scumbags, that you cannot vote your party when a clear majority of your constituency demands you don't. She broke two of the golden rules of pseudo-representation.

If ever there was a crystal clear example of a career politician that has turned into a tax payer trough feeding ideological zombie desirous to remain in power, it's her.

My slogan this election is "When in doubt, vote them out!" Maybe if enough politicians get voted out, they will start remembering to represent the people who elected them in the first place. Regardless, it's quite obvious the same old way of doing things isn't working so it is time for a change.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I think it's a good answer.

I really worry she will win again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My slogan this election is "When in doubt, vote them out!" Maybe if enough politicians get voted out, they will start remembering to represent the people who elected them in the first place. Regardless, it's quite obvious the same old way of doing things isn't working so it is time for a change.

As I was watching Braveheart again for the umpteenth time last night, I was reminded of something that escapes a lot of the citizenry here in the US. These political parties think they are the Nobles in the 14th Century. They look down on the people as they rule and grab everything for themselves.

Recount the scene where Robert the Bruce is talking to his father, and his father tells him that he should embrace letting William Wallace get creamed in the battle so that he, and the Nobles will survive in the future. Cutting a deal with Longshanks to be left out of the carnage and thus Robert become King.

It reminds me a lot of how these elitist scumbags here act in politics.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area

I too am at the point where I want Mary out and point blank would vote for a toaster over over Mary.

I was not asked but I will address the question.

1) Mary needs to win in the general election because she is not likely to win a run off with Cassidy or Manness. Her goal to get 50% plus 1 vote to avoid the run off.

2) A vote for anybody but Mary makes it that much more difficult to for Mary to get 50%+1 vote. So anybody but Mary works.

3) If you want Mary out instead of moaning about the situation you should make a point to talk to your neighbors and coworkers and encourage them to vote on election day for anybody but Mary. The election turn out is expected to be low which IF TRUE will hurt Mary. Especially if the pissed off voters turn out in large numbers.

If you want to make a difference and not **** off people push support anybody but Landrieu in November. If they get pissed off because they support Landrieu well that is your call.

In direct answer to your question based upon the polls Cassidy is leading Mary by a hair and Manness is trailing both. I do not like to encourage voting based upon polls though.

For the record Cassidy I have met Cassidy. He ticks the boxes for me. 2nd amendment supporter, Pro-life, Intelligent and articulate, does not need a job so this is not a visit to the trough for him. He still works for a living and has worked for a living for 30+/- years. He has no aspirations for politics beyond senator.

That said he is the republican candidate (but just barely) He lives in BR in $1mm+ house (that he paid for with his wages) and both good and bad he is an experienced DC representative with the good and bad that brings.

Obviously others will want Manness. He works for me also.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I too am at the point where I want Mary out and point blank would vote for a toaster over over Mary.

I was not asked but I will address the question.

1) Mary needs to win in the general election because she is not likely to win a run off with Cassidy or Manness. Her goal to get 50% plus 1 vote to avoid the run off.

2) A vote for anybody but Mary makes it that much more difficult to for Mary to get 50%+1 vote. So anybody but Mary works.

3) If you want Mary out instead of moaning about the situation you should make a point to talk to your neighbors and coworkers and encourage them to vote on election day for anybody but Mary. The election turn out is expected to be low which IF TRUE will hurt Mary. Especially if the pissed off voters turn out in large numbers.

If you want to make a difference and not **** off people push support anybody but Landrieu in November. If they get pissed off because they support Landrieu well that is your call.

In direct answer to your question based upon the polls Cassidy is leading Mary by a hair and Manness is trailing both. I do not like to encourage voting based upon polls though.

For the record Cassidy I have met Cassidy. He ticks the boxes for me. 2nd amendment supporter, Pro-life, Intelligent and articulate, does not need a job so this is not a visit to the trough for him. He still works for a living and has worked for a living for 30+/- years. He has no aspirations for politics beyond senator.

That said he is the republican candidate (but just barely) He lives in BR in $1mm+ house (that he paid for with his wages) and both good and bad he is an experienced DC representative with the good and bad that brings.

Obviously others will want Manness. He works for me also.

Any intel on the toaster? :p

Just kidding! Well communicated response.

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    There is something incredibly sexy about Catherine McCormick to me! :boink:

Is she the preachy one with the blue and white face in the plaid skirt?

Jokes aside, I absolutely agree. Our governmental landscape could only be improved by removal of that particular manatee shaped blight. Actually showing up to the polls, and encouraging others to do so is the only way that will happen. It also means having (tasteful, well thought out, non-overbearing) conversations with people, with facts showing how she is hurting the people she has been elected to help. Getting good articles out on social media helps too. Ive had a few liberal buddies do a double take this week on my FB page when they saw that she doesnt even live in LA anymore... So, hey, anything helps.

Top Bottom