Mary Landrieu Caught in Residency Flap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rigolette

Pronounced "Row Gully"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    There is something incredibly sexy about Catherine McCormick to me! :boink:

And that Scottish accent doesn't hurt either! lol I have a very well documented manuscript that traces my father's side back through Robert the Bruce. It traces through my paternal grandmother whose maiden name was Robertson. It's a very interesting read with a ton of records and proven documentation.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Mary Landrieu: For Washington D.C, not Louisiana

[video=vimeo;105058829]http://vimeo.com/105058829 [/video]

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Apparently the lawsuit filed by Hollis thrown out and the judge awarded court costs to Mary. It seems the suit was filed prematurely.

Judge Wilson Fields ruled Friday morning that according to the Constitution, the suit was filed prematurely, which is why it was dismissed. Tony Clayton represented Landrieu and asked the judge to issue sanctions. Fields ordered Hollis pay court fees.

http://www.ksla.com/story/26457555/...-landrieu-on-her-residency?clienttype=generic

So this does not mean she is a legal resident only that the suit was filed before the issue could be adjudicated. IMO the voters should make the decision regardless. A win in court is nowhere near as nice as a landslide for anybody but Mary on election night.

Anybody but Landrieu in 2014!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    From another forum.
    First of all, it is public knowledge that Mary doesnt live in her parents' home. Even though she and her siblings own the home jointly under a tax shelter corporation or trust, she still doesnt live there. In no sensible world is it reasonable to consider that a US Senator cant afford her own home in her state of residency. The truth is, she DOESNT WANT a home here because she is never here! I can almost understand not spending money on a home that I will never sleep in.

What has happened is she was originally elected as a true resident of LA, but soon after, she realized that she fit in REALLY WELL in DC. She will return home on occasion to take photos with the St Louis Cathedral, French Qtr, and many other easily recognizable Louisiana landmarks to use in her advertisements. But I will bet my paycheck that the nights she stays in her Parents home in a given year could be counted on my right index finger.

It is unconscionable that a Senator could represent LA and literally live thousands of miles away in the Nation's capital with only a telephone line or email address connecting her to her constituents. But if I were her, and had her voting record, I would want to be disconnected from my constituents also!

Check out the link below and read the "about me" section of Mary's Husband's real estate website.

http://franksnellings.com/index-2.html

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    BTW the Judge who ruled in the Landrieu case is Baton Rouge state court judge Wilson Fields. His brother is Cleo Fields.

So a dyed in the wool democrat with families ties to another crooked democrat was asked to rule on yet another democrat.

In 1997 Fields was again elected to the Louisiana Senate. He served at the same time as his brother Wilson until Wilson Fields won a judgeship, the first time in Louisiana history that two brothers served together in the Senate.

For those of you too young to remember Cleo (filmed stuffing EWE cash into pockets) Fields here is some history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleo_Fields

Fields achieved considerable notoriety in 1997 when an FBI surveillance videotape showed him accepting a large amount of cash (about $20,000) from former Louisiana Governor Edwin W. Edwards and stuffing it in his pockets. At the time Fields stated that the incident was just an innocent business transaction between friends, and said there was a humorous explanation, which he would make public shortly thereafter. A cloud hung over Fields as an unindicted co-conspirator in Edwards' criminal trial and in the end Fields refused to deliver the promised "humorous" explanation, stating that at the time of the cash transfer, he was not an elected official, and therefore under no obligation to explain publicly.

Nope nothing to see here...move along ...

Top Bottom