Militia members take over federal building

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    How can you peaceful barricade yourself, brandishing firearms in america? I wish them luck
    especially stating they will remain peacefull unless provoked?
    crazy

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    They maybe acting a little extreme for most people. But I find it interesting to see a group of people sticking up for what they believe in to the fullest extent of possibly being killed. Even though many people would think it would be a silly reason to die for, it just kinda shows another glimmer of hope and that theres people with spines still in existence.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    They maybe acting a little extreme for most people. But I find it interesting to see a group of people sticking up for what they believe in to the fullest extent of possibly being killed. Even though many people would think it would be a silly reason to die for, it just kinda shows another glimmer of hope and that theres people with spines still in existence.

The same thing that ISIS and Muslim extremists are doing.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Really what? They are doing EXACTLY what RCM192 said. They are standing up for what they truly believe to the fullest extent. They dont care that people disagree with it.

I see them as terrorists.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Really what? They are doing EXACTLY what RCM192 said. They are standing up for what they truly believe to the fullest extent. They dont care that people disagree with it.

I see them as terrorists.

So refusing to stand down and watch the feds unilaterally sieze land and property is some how equal to the slaughter of innocent people because they refuse to convert to a specific form of Islam?

What are your thoughts on dressing up like indians and siezIng a ship to dump its cargo in to the Boston Harbor? Seems to me there was a day when we proclaimed men like that as brave, of good courage, and self sacrificing. I doubt a single one of them used innocent women and children as human shields like those Muslim dogs.

Again I dont know enough about the fed land grabbing to support or condem these men but I will tell you this, there is a day coming when this sort of thing will be the only way to save this great exeriment.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    So refusing to stand down and watch the feds unilaterally sieze land and property is some how equal to the slaughter of innocent people because they refuse to convert to a specific form of Islam?

Again I dont know enough about the fed land grabbing to support or condem these men but I will tell you this, there is a day coming when this sort of thing will be the only way to save this great exeriment.

This case is not about land grabbing. The family in question has land bordering federal land, and on two occasions set fires on their land that subsequently burned over onto federal land, leading to criminal charges that in and of themselves could be argued as overstepping given the specific circumstances of the incidents. The uproar hear is not even actually with the BLM policies so much as being over minimum sentencing guidelines hamstringing judicial discretion. The judge that originally sentenced them did so at less than the minimum five years required by statute, apparently deeming that the totality of the circumstances did not warrant, in his opinion, that strong of a sentence. The prosecution then appealed and the circuit court ruled that they must be sentenced per the requirements of the statute.

So is the judge who ignored the statutory requirements a "renegade" just doing what he wants all willy-nilly regardless of the mandates of the law? Or is he a "renegade" standing up for justice in the face of federal overreach through unjust minimum sentencing guidelines that improperly limit judicial discretion?

Either way, it sounds to me like these people are occupying the wrong building.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Of course when they are on your side and fighting for what you believe in one would see the, as heroes. Yes. To the British, our founding fathers were terrorists. This isn't even about a land grab. This is about someone not agreeing with a sentence that a judge didn't see having fit the crime so the sentence was changed. It happens every single day. Taking over a governmental building and threatening violence is an act of terrorism.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Of course when they are on your side and fighting for what you believe in one would see the, as heroes. Yes. To the British, our founding fathers were terrorists. This isn't even about a land grab. This is about someone not agreeing with a sentence that a judge didn't see having fit the crime so the sentence was changed. It happens every single day. Taking over a governmental building and threatening violence is an act of terrorism.

Let's see how long you sing that tune and if you sing it from a concentration camp. I've been to Auschwitz and I've been to Russia and other former Soviet countries. The whole "terrorist" epidemic is propaganda. It has become a buzzword like "assault weapon". I'm not pushing for armed revolution because we aren't there at this point. But you better be weary of the Kool aid you drink, who you get your information from, and who you side with.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    This isn't even about a land grab. This is about someone not agreeing with a sentence that a judge didn't see having fit the crime so the sentence was changed. It happens every single day. Taking over a governmental building and threatening violence is an act of terrorism.

If this isn't a land grab then why were the Hammonds forced to give first rights to the BLM if they ever sell their land?

Also, if someone is sentenced, serves their sentence, then a new judge comes back years later and decides it wasn't enough....that's BS and shouldn't be okay. Everything in this stink to high heavens and seems like a butt-hurt BLM throwing their authority around.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I believe our founding fathers initially tried to resolve issues pepeacefully. After many failed peaceful attempts, they took up arms. If you are having a difference of opinion, and you arm yourself, your asking for trouble. We also have to consider the message we send out. Will armed black lives matter protestors, extreme anti abortionist, or Muslim right activist, be received the same, as long as they are armed, but peaceful?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I believe our founding fathers initially tried to resolve issues pepeacefully. After many failed peaceful attempts, they took up arms. If you are having a difference of opinion, and you arm yourself, your asking for trouble.

Yeah, they should just let the gov't take them away from their Wives, Children, Family, Life for 4-5 more years even though all morality appears to be on their side.

It could be argued they tried to peacefully resolve this the first time when they accepted and served their punishment!

I see this as the exact reason we have the 2ndA...to defend yourself against an actually tyrannical gov't (agency).

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I believe our founding fathers initially tried to resolve issues pepeacefully. After many failed peaceful attempts, they took up arms. If you are having a difference of opinion, and you arm yourself, your asking for trouble. We also have to consider the message we send out. Will armed black lives matter protestors, extreme anti abortionist, or Muslim right activist, be received the same, as long as they are armed, but peaceful?

I'm sure a peaceful non armed protest against the BLM and this judges absurd sentencing would have gained this much attention. The BLM, judge, and media wouldn't have blinked if they just held up signs in front of a building. If it doesn't fit the media agenda, they will ignore it like it isn't even happening.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Please... Don't compare these folks to the men and women that fled England.

The Founding Fathers didn't occupy the Parliament Buildings until England gave them their land...

Apples to Oranges :ghey:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This case is not about land grabbing. The family in question has land bordering federal land, and on two occasions set fires on their land that subsequently burned over onto federal land, leading to criminal charges that in and of themselves could be argued as overstepping given the specific circumstances of the incidents. The uproar hear is not even actually with the BLM policies so much as being over minimum sentencing guidelines hamstringing judicial discretion. The judge that originally sentenced them did so at less than the minimum five years required by statute, apparently deeming that the totality of the circumstances did not warrant, in his opinion, that strong of a sentence. The prosecution then appealed and the circuit court ruled that they must be sentenced per the requirements of the statute.

So is the judge who ignored the statutory requirements a "renegade" just doing what he wants all willy-nilly regardless of the mandates of the law? Or is he a "renegade" standing up for justice in the face of federal overreach through unjust minimum sentencing guidelines that improperly limit judicial discretion?

Either way, it sounds to me like these people are occupying the wrong building.

I honestly dont know "who's side" I'm on. I still dont completely understand the background on this. Regardless of right or wrong and wrong building or not comparing these guys to ISIS is far below the belt. Nothing close to a fair conparison.

Top Bottom