Missouri turns Post-Katrina N.O. after teen death by LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Love the end when the missing link with the camera says, I got it all, I got it all on tape. They just shot that man down."

Well, duh.

I'm getting a better handle on evolution. Not all members of a given species evolve. Some get left behind.

that might be the first thing you've ever said that I agree with.

I don't like it. Please stop.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Thanks to all this the new trendy bandwagon everyone is getting on is the "milatarization of ploice". The **** I'm seeing of facebook makes me want to puke. People don't have an opinion unless it's front page news.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We need "man on the street" type footage JNieman. Get out there and get us the goods!

Good to see you checking in. Giving you a hard time is no fun without you here.:D

Bravo, trout boy! For not trying to hide the fact that you have been beating him senseless in absentia! :mamoru:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Love the end when the missing link with the camera says, I got it all, I got it all on tape. They just shot that man down."

Well, duh.

I'm getting a better handle on evolution. Not all members of a given species evolve. Some get left behind.

Wait, so you're on board with evolution now?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks to all this the new trendy bandwagon everyone is getting on is the "milatarization of ploice". The **** I'm seeing of facebook makes me want to puke. People don't have an opinion unless it's front page news.

It's been a legitimate and top-level concern for many people ever since the war on drugs has become obviously out of hand and gone way beyond what should be tolerable. This is just a very-visible result of the fallout from these types of things.

I live in a decently rural county, and our sheriff department has bomb-bots, an APC, an uparmored diesel truck like you've seen in the Ferguson pics. I keep up on all the meth lab drug busts they use and they never use the ****. They'll sure as **** shine it up and floss it up and down the streets during parades, though, that's for damn sure.

If they're not using it for drug raids like we were told they needed it for... guess who's left to use it on? Yup, people who got a little too controversial for the governor/mayor's taste.

But no, this isn't a bandwagon, this team's been playing for years.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    It's been a legitimate and top-level concern for many people ever since the war on drugs has become obviously out of hand and gone way beyond what should be tolerable. This is just a very-visible result of the fallout from these types of things.

I live in a decently rural county, and our sheriff department has bomb-bots, an APC, an uparmored diesel truck like you've seen in the Ferguson pics. I keep up on all the meth lab drug busts they use and they never use the ****. They'll sure as **** shine it up and floss it up and down the streets during parades, though, that's for damn sure.

If they're not using it for drug raids like we were told they needed it for... guess who's left to use it on? Yup, people who got a little too controversial for the governor/mayor's taste.

It's been a top level concern for plenty but not for the masses. Now it's a trendy topic. That's what I'm saying. And as just with all trendy topics you now have the morons commenting that are clueless about it and dam near everything else on this planet.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

So you don't have an issue with them having the equipment, just how they utilize it? I would suggest attending a city counsel meeting and bringing it up or ask for an explanation.

In the neighborhoods I've seen them used in, they have only brought them into service (aside from parades, training, community events to show it off, etc.) have been active shooter calls where SWAT was used. Depending on the intelligence involved, I don't know if a guy cooking up meth in his garage would warrant an APC. Maybe a suburban with SWAT riding the rails.

Most departments have boats as well that just sit and never get used. Not basic fishing boats... larger coast guard 25 foot defender-class type boats. Or the giant over-stock of vehicles that just fill parking lots... or the giant RV "Command Centers"... mostly used during parades as well. There is a need for them, it just may only be once or twice a year until something REALLY happens where they're needed officially.

You can question everything... do they need new vehicles every few years... do they need SUV's instead of your basic patrol car... do they need so many LED's on the vehicles... can they repurpose any of the older equipment... it goes on and on.

Even if they only need to use an APC or armored vehicle one time in 5 years to rescue a civillian from a maniac walking the street gunning down neighbors, I think it's worth it. It was Military equipment that was GIVEN to the departments. So don't worry... we only paid for it once (military)... and we would be paying the same (if not more) for the upkeep if it were still assigned to the military.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Sorry, jacky, no answers for you. One year.

There has been a question pending for you for months. But save the finger power, since you are no longer a god...er...mod, I don't see your stuff unless some @#*/# (:D)quotes you.

I can be reached by jotuns.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Yea, I thought that was pretty clear.

Well then I would have to suggest attending a city counsel meeting, bringing it up and ask for an explanation. Or you could sit on your ass and do nothing but complain and keep letting it bother you, which clearly it does. Since we're being pretty clear.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Sorry, jacky, no answers for you. One year.

There has been a question pending for you for months. But save the finger power, since you are no longer a god...er...mod, I don't see your stuff unless some @#*/# (:D)quotes you.

I can be reached by jotuns.

I doubt you can be reached by anyone.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well then I would have to suggest attending a city counsel meeting, bringing it up and ask for an explanation. Or you could sit on your ass and do nothing but complain and keep letting it bother you, which clearly it does. Since we're being pretty clear.

I actually am pretty involved in local government but thanks for playing.

Top Bottom