Most obnoxious weapon to CCW qualify with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    CHP shooting is not scored now. Point n shoot and some people have trouble with that.
    Yup, back then, for that permit, it was up to the LEO. I qualified for my current permit here a while back and the firing test was a joke yet I had an old woman in the lane next to me bouncing rounds off the deck and ceiling!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I am considering qualifying at my next CCW class with my Draco just for giggles. It mostly depends on if a friend it still teachng it when my time comes around.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    you just have to actually hit the target. i forget the exact distance but its close enough that you could just throw the gun.

i refuse to believe that people fail
    If anyone actually fails the current standard, they should immediately have to give up ever owning a handgun!

81HarleyRydr

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Why question is; Why?

Is it just me or is this just ridiculous not to qualify with your normal daily carry. It seems to me that it makes much more sense to get as much trigger/practice time with your DC than to bring something to shoot just to show your butt in front of some people that may really look at you as a total moron......which is how I would look at you if you would break out that hand cannon. Just my opinion, YMMV.

81HarleyRydr

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    If anyone actually fails the current standard, they should immediately have to give up ever owning a handgun!

That is why it is called training. In todays day and times, there are many people men and women who are first time firearm owners, not all of them were raised with a pistol or rifle in their clutches.
    Also owning the firearm is their 2nd amendment right, so are you for snatching that from them as well? You sound much like a leftist libTARD

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Is it just me or is this just ridiculous not to qualify with your normal daily carry. It seems to me that it makes much more sense to get as much trigger/practice time with your DC than to bring something to shoot just to show your butt in front of some people that may really look at you as a total moron......which is how I would look at you if you would break out that hand cannon. Just my opinion, YMMV.

You are correct.

Many police officers bring multiple handguns to re-qualify with.
    Just why I really don't know.
    Maybe it's the more variety thing.

I always qualified with my carry weapon and my backup.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I need one of these to qualify with.

http://www.realguns.com/articles/372.htm

454hellfireNA2585.jpg

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Well I just came across this post and had to respond. I recently took the CHL course here in Texas and since my Sig P220 didn't come back from the shop in time I had to pull out my safe queen to qualify with. Well I figure since everything is bigger in Texas no one would bat an eye when I pulled out my stainless Colt Anaconda .44mag, but the instructors snickered and the guy next to me complained the whole time about the percussion and kept asking why I brought a cannon. What a wuss. lol Needless to say my hand was a little numb after 50rds but my manhood was definitely intact. (insert grunting sound here)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well I just came across this post and had to respond. I recently took the CHL course here in Texas and since my Sig P220 didn't come back from the shop in time I had to pull out my safe queen to qualify with. Well I figure since everything is bigger in Texas no one would bat an eye when I pulled out my stainless Colt Anaconda .44mag, but the instructors snickered and the guy next to me complained the whole time about the percussion and kept asking why I brought a cannon. What a wuss. lol Needless to say my hand was a little numb after 50rds but my manhood was definitely intact. (insert grunting sound here)

I think it's freaking hilarious!

My Mom, and two sisters and a cousin qualified with the Mark II that the instructor brought......not so hilarious.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

why'd you bring a cannon?

"why'd you bring a ... oh, look how cute it is. do the bullets have little bows on them?"

Top Bottom