my experience at your store

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superscar17

May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    ya know ..ive thought about this for a few hours now and the more I think about it the more irritated i get...

I had been looking forward to visiting your store for a good while so my g/f and I stopped by to visit about 5pm yesterday. I brought along with me a 4570sbl ..which is a xmas gift for someone .. to purchase an inexpensive fx2 2.5 leupold optic for the scout gun. Ive been shooting rifles for at least 30 years and know exactly what I want, what I'm talking about, and why I want it.

The optic wasn't in stock ... after I explained the 4570 scout gun had too much recoil and the gun was much too short for a standard optic ..and required a forward mounted optic I had asked if anything fit that bill. Keep in mind i brought the rifle in with me as to explain in detail what exactly the rifle was for (to hunt hogs in the brush). Any knowledgeable person in firearms would know you need a scout or handgun optic with an extremely long eye relief to fit this bill.

Irritation #1 I was told we don't stock low end optics like this. Anyone that knows hunting hogs ... it is what it is. Equipment that works just works regardless of price. I didn't need reminded as if it wasn't worth anyones time. I asked if there was a replacement or something else with extended eye relief ... well we have this ..blah blah blah ... does it have extended eye relief ... no. Why on earth would you try to sell a guy an optic exactly the opposite of what he is looking for? i had already explained the optic was for hogs ..to be forward mounted on this 4570 that I had with me... and needed extended eye relief.

Irritation #2 I am in the market for a sb pmII. I had called earlier in the week and a few times previous about them. I was told there was and yall had an AI 338axmc in stock and could easily match the color of the rifle to the closest PMII color ... FDE,RAL ..etc. Nope ... not only that .. I was told 3 different ways I would be better off with black..even though i specifically asked for RAL or FDE. How does someone else know what i'd be better off with? Someone eventually brought a h59 ral out for me to look at. I asked to see a tremor .. was then told the h59 was much better blah blah blah. I asked if it was illuminated ... blah blah blah more BS answers. Why is someone else telling me what I need when I asked for something specific?

That particular guy cost you a 4000+ sale ..not to mention the price he quoted was about 350 dollars higher than i was given previous on the phone.

My gf had asked if yall had some 338 lapua scenar ammo ...another guy had told her the black hills SMK ammo was much better .. heh yeah. 110/box sale lost.

We then walked over to look at the rifles ..where yet another guy essentially dissing my knowledge of rifles on how this mrad should have received the government contract ..its this that .. how the caliber changes from whatever ... and I had mentioned my axmc338 does the same .. well its not the rifle this MRAD is blah blah blah. I had mentioned opinions differ ..especially up north where you can't find an MRAD on any competition range. Was a sharp rebuttal about how he has expert shooters that blah blah blah ... I don't really care ya know?

I will say that same guy showed my g/f the kimber onyx and mentioned absolutely nothing about it other than it was 9mm. She happens to collect Kimbers and has been looking for this particular handgun. That guy was totally disinterested in selling it.

My point - when someone walks in the door willing to spend 5000+ dollars and your employees attempt and tell him/her how to spend it ... that tends to leave a bad taste in customers mouths... especially when feeling totally insulted by a bunch of juveniles.

I don't know Chris in person, but he seems like a pretty decent guy by the PM's we have exchanged. Yes, i took a while to finally get to your store - but i did come to buy like I promised and your guys chased me away.

I particularly enjoy discussing firearms and even debating them - I don't like a bunch of children attempting to brow beat or belittle me about something I've enjoyed longer than I think those guys have been alive.

I'll suggest your young guys correct the arrogance and drop the I'm right no matter what attitude ... because this particular time they were not.

Lastly, I totally understand how customers aren't always right - but never have I been into a firearms store before today that seemed to want to prove me wrong on every single request I made. So really, 2 optics and a pistol are sitting on your shelf because of it.

Last edited:

Jmfox3

Dec 27, 2009
    I love 45-70s and have the XLR w/ 22 in barrel and a GS. I have a 2x7 Leupold on the XLR.

I put the XS rail with ghost ring on the GS and love it. I was thinking about a scout scope but I'd really like to put a quick-release reflex sight but worried about the reflex holding up to recoil. Decisions, decisions. Let us know if you find a good scout scope you like and why you like it.

Amusing story about young-ins. At the range w/ a young-in shooting a Glock 19. I was faster and more accurate with a single-action Ruger in 327 Federal magnum than they were w/ the Glock 19 at 15 yards. They complained about the competition being unfair because I had been shooting for soooo much longer than they had been on the Earth. ;-)

shrxfn

Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Amusing story about young-ins. At the range w/ a young-in shooting a Glock 19. I was faster and more accurate with a single-action Ruger in 327 Federal magnum than they were w/ the Glock 19 at 15 yards. They complained about the competition being unfair because I had been shooting for soooo much longer than they had been on the Earth. ;-)

If someone was shooting better than me at the range the correct response would have not been " You have been shooting longer than us" but more along the lines of " Can you show me how to improve my shooting". But then again I am always looking for people with more knowledge than me to help me up my game in all aspects of life.

mike84z28

Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    One question, Why in the Hell would one use a scoped 45/70 in the brush too hunt hog's?

Wouldn't buckshot be better suited?

Ok, That was 2 question's................
    Because they don't make a 46/71 !!!!

I once shot a hog 17 times before it expired the first 9 with buckshot at less than 30 yards, long VERY COOL HUNT and one bad A$$ Hog !

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If someone was shooting better than me at the range the correct response would have not been " You have been shooting longer than us" but more along the lines of " Can you show me how to improve my shooting". But then again I am always looking for people with more knowledge than me to help me up my game in all aspects of life.

Exactly. I like to think some may call me a young-in still, and I enjoy learning from other people. Especially when I can see tangible evidence they know what they are doing. My personal favorite response is when people blame the gun (or whatever else) for their poor performance. And someone says "here let me try," and proceeds to humbly show them how its done. I have a friend who owned ond of those "junk" sigma S&W he couldnt hit the broadside of a barn. He goes "here you try" and while I wasnt fond of the trigger or the wobbly slide, it still shot straight.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Because they don't make a 46/71 !!!!

I once shot a hog 17 times before it expired the first 9 with buckshot at less than 30 yards, long VERY COOL HUNT and one bad A$$ Hog !

I've heard a story or two like this over the years. There is something to be said for the God given instict of survival in animals.

tallwalker

Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    A friend was bow hunting Elk in Colorado last year. Bear smelled him, got all aggressive and came up the tree my friend was in after him. Bear caught an arrow down his throat and finally died. Very obvious claw marks up the tree to within a foot or two of where he was. Friend calmed down and eventually had to change his pants but ok otherwise. Was then arrested and fined for killing a bear.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I can't say I'm surprised this has gone so far off topic.

Hope the OP and Interstate Guns have resolved any differences privately.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yeah this strayed pretty far but a couple good topics mixed in here.
    1:True grit vs young guns
    2:The value of a human life compared to an animals
    3:Crazy almost un-believable hunting stories

Could make for hours of "debating"

CBlack

Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I'm surprised Chris hasn't responded to this yet.

I've experienced similar when discussing optics but didn't think much of it.

My BIL went in looking for a Nightforce scope and received similar service, someone trying to push a Kahles on him. He left in hurry.

ajridgedell

Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    A friend was bow hunting Elk in Colorado last year. Bear smelled him, got all aggressive and came up the tree my friend was in after him. Bear caught an arrow down his throat and finally died. Very obvious claw marks up the tree to within a foot or two of where he was. Friend calmed down and eventually had to change his pants but ok otherwise. Was then arrested and fined for killing a bear.

I guess he was just supposed to let the bear kill him???? :doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm surprised Chris hasn't responded to this yet.

I've experienced similar when discussing optics but didn't think much of it.

My BIL went in looking for a Nightforce scope and received similar service, someone trying to push a Kahles on him. He left in hurry.

It bothers me when people complain on the internet like this, but won't bother to talk directly to the person who it affects most, and who could probably fix the issue. :(

You business owners out there know what I mean!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I guess he was just supposed to let the bear kill him???? :doh:

Yeah pretty much once you are missing a limb or two then its ok to shoot it. Right? The way the hippies see it you broke into that bear's house walked into his kitchen and climbed up in a pot cooking on the stove top.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom