New Marine on deck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Clearly, it has been a while since this was updated. So, I've made it through MCT, was oh so lucky to get stuck on camp guard for two weeks, something 03's and reservists were not allowed to do. Fun times...NOT!!! MCT was pretty fun, though, overall. Didn't get to fire the 203 or any other explosive things, but we did get to throw one whole live grenade! Got to play with everything else, though. 240B, 249, PVS-14, all that good stuff.

I am now at Courthouse Bay for...*drumroll*...COMBAT ENGINEER SCHOOL! Woohoo! I pick up on Tuesday and graduate 13 December. I've already experienced a bit of good ol' Jacksonville. The mall is pretty weak compared to what I'm used to. But, hey, Odyssey does some pretty good ink. I finally manned up and got a molon labe tattoo that I've been wanting for a while. Anyway, can't wait to blow some **** up when class starts. Oh, and learning basic construction and carpentry stuff will be a plus, too.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I sure don't miss Slacksonville, but do remember it quite well.

I got stuck on camp Guard for like 6 weeks until Company A filled up.
    Turned out, the SOG Sgt. Grant(2003) was my 0351 Instructor
    and he too was waiting for the Company to fill so he could get off Camp Guard as well. Weird lol

That sucker could call some sweet cadence though. Felt like we were back in PI on the way to chow.

AnnieOakleaf

LA CHP Instructor #725
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Elmwood, LA
    Welcome!

From a USMC Brat, born at Lejeune, who married a Marine.....glutton for punishment!! My dad is a PI Marine and my husband is a Hollywood Marine. Ooh Rah!!

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Deano:

I just got home tonight after being gone since mid-September for my son's DI School graduation. He picks up his first recruits Friday. I enjoyed my time with him in San Diego while it lasted. He won't have time for a phone call for the next three years so I had to get as much time with him while I had the opportunity. I hope all is going well for you. Are you done with MCT yet?

Oorah!

PMM - 2 Btn/Golf Co/MCRD SD

I do feel bad for him. I don't believe I'd ever be able to pull DI duty after seeing what they deal with. A bunch of 17-22 year old **** heads acting more immature than my 4 year old daughter. No effing thanks.

Swim qual at boot camp is basic only. I asked about it because for 1371, you have to qual at the next level up, B+, but that was a no go.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I see you made it through MCT and you are now in Jacksonville. My daughter and her husband were in Jacksonville for 4 years followed by 2 years in Cherry Point. Those 6 years were some of the best years of their life. They made lifelong friends there.
    It could be worse -- think 29 Palms - HELL on Earth! If you think Jacksonville is barren, you haven't been to 29 Stumps yet! :D

Clearly, it has been a while since this was updated. So, I've made it through MCT, was oh so lucky to get stuck on camp guard for two weeks, something 03's and reservists were not allowed to do. Fun times...NOT!!! MCT was pretty fun, though, overall. Didn't get to fire the 203 or any other explosive things, but we did get to throw one whole live grenade! Got to play with everything else, though. 240B, 249, PVS-14, all that good stuff.

I am now at Courthouse Bay for...*drumroll*...COMBAT ENGINEER SCHOOL! Woohoo! I pick up on Tuesday and graduate 13 December. I've already experienced a bit of good ol' Jacksonville. The mall is pretty weak compared to what I'm used to. But, hey, Odyssey does some pretty good ink. I finally manned up and got a molon labe tattoo that I've been wanting for a while. Anyway, can't wait to blow some **** up when class starts. Oh, and learning basic construction and carpentry stuff will be a plus, too.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Spent a bit of time at outhouse bay, my mos school was there too 1341' heavy equipment mechanic. School will be fun, the fleet is even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    It's not that bad, really. At least I got the job I wanted. Just crossing my fingers that this doesn't end up being my first assignment. Hopeful for Pendleton.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    good to see you doing well, my younges just got out and came back home last weekend from Lejune where he was born. but then all 3 of our kids were born at Lejune.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    On my deck
    I had a Marine
    An Intel bird
    From KIFC
    Away from home
    So very far
    In a dimly lit bunker
    In Kandahar
    With rockets bombarding
    Our eyes made contact so tender
    She dug my beard
    I dug her gender
    As I reached in her pants
    I was a bit surprised
    By the elephant trunk
    Between her thighs
    At first I was shocked
    And took brief pause
    Then I remembered Phuket
    And yelled "Ooh Rah"!
    A hole is a hole
    When you're under attack
    Don't ask, don't tell
    And never look back

I guess that's possible in Today's Corps.
    Shameful.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Been a minute since I've been here, so I figured I'd update this thread.

Things have been going pretty smoothly with life in the Corps. I graduated from MOS school on 13 December. I am currently stationed at Camp Pendleton, which is where my wife and I wanted to be, and it's amazing over here. Other than the obvious Kalifornia hippie liberalism that runs rampant throughout the state, the place is great. Found out on New Year's Eve that I'm going to be a father again, due date is 6 September, and I couldn't be happier. Life is great so far. Got my first FTX on Tuesday night, going to do some MOUT training, which I think will be pretty sweet. These are the kinds of things I got back in the military for, getting my hands dirty, so I'm looking forward to it.

Other than that, I'm still wanting to expand my firearm collection, I just don't know when it will be, but I'm hoping it won't be TOO long. I've been thinking about getting a USPc in .40 or .45, and, obviously, I need to pick up an AR, but I doubt I'll be doing that while stationed here, considering all the dumb laws like bullet buttons and 10 round mag capacities. Anyway, just an update since I've gotten settled in here. Hopefully, I'll be more active on the site again.

buzzard4707

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Temple,Ga
    Semper Fi PFC Dean. You will love the Corps. I started at PI in 1970 graduated as a PFC and 26 Years later retired as a COL. Work hard and good luck.

COL
    Dean Lucas

Top Bottom