NEW Red Jacket AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Is this something Redjacket has bought from other vendors and put togather, or is it in-house production? It looks VERY similar...errr...identical... to an AR build I spec'ed on another forum for someone, although this thread pre-dates that.

Built in-house to their specs, piece by piece. Obviously they aren't manufacturing the parts though.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Built in-house to their specs, piece by piece. Obviously they aren't manufacturing the parts though.

Gotcha, I just found it crazy that I spec'ed an IDENTICAL build. My suggestion pre-dates me finding this site, and Redjacket posting this thread, though, so in no way am I saying they copied me.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Is this something Redjacket has bought from other vendors and put togather, or is it in-house production? It looks VERY similar...errr...identical... to an AR build I spec'ed on another forum for someone, although this thread pre-dates that.

If you would please sum up your end user expirence with the AR platform. I fail to see based on your post here, where you have any buisness spec'ing anything for anybody. I mean maybe if someone was in the market for a produce shooting rifle....

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If you would please sum up your end user expirence with the AR platform. I fail to see based on your post here, where you have any buisness spec'ing anything for anybody. I mean maybe if someone was in the market for a produce shooting rifle....

Without knowing what specific parts RJ is using, I'm not sure how he could know he spec'ed the same rifle anyway. If it's based on looks, it's a standard M4gery with Magpul furniture. In other words, I don't get it...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Congrats, want a cookie?

Not really, I'm not a dealer so it doesn't really matter. I never said I had a "problem" with their build, either. It's a solid rifle with a solid profit-margin for a local business. I just found it neat that I had thought of the same thing independently, of course, without the branded lower, and what I would guess are a few other minor differences.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Not really, I'm not a dealer so it doesn't really matter. I never said I had a "problem" with their build, either. It's a solid rifle with a solid profit-margin for a local business. I just found it neat that I had thought of the same thing independently, of course, without the branded lower, and what I would guess are a few other minor differences.

That's just it.... You didn't.

As I have already explained, and others have mentioned:

It is NOT what it appears to be at a glance. Will aganised and researched, as well as consulted many people over EVERY PIECE that went into this thing.
    -Now I know you are not the one who compared it to an M&P, but anything inline with that thinking shows the ignorance (Not anybody's fault, no need for you to know) Heck, as a confirmed 'AR hater' and not a shop worker I don't know what all finally went into the end product.

I DO know, that holding the finished product tempts me to get one (That's saying alot coming from me) and that what's in that rifle are:
    1. MOST of your purchase price (NOT a large profit margin)
    2. Nothing but the best in quality parts.

Top Bottom