New Sierra and Silverado

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    GM was bailed out, and paid back the loan /with interest/ and are no longer subsidized any more than any other domestic manufacturer.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Stop saying dodge!! It's a Ram....dodge trucks are no more.

Ram is a break off/sub company of dodge which is still part of mopar as a whole. It may have ram on it, may be advertised under its own special ram trucks page but it is still a dodge.

Guess what it sold at all dodge dealerships?
    Rams.
    Salisbury dodge, Ralph sellers Chrysler dodge and jeep etc. they all sell ram trucks. Why?

Last edited:

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I also do not support Govment Motors. Sure they are cheaper - we're subsidizing them with our tax dollars.
    (Bought a new washer and dryer yesterday. GE was heavily discounted to $449 each. Selling like hotcakes. Ended up with $1550 Samsung pair. I cannot bear to support the enemy even if it costs more.)
    But this was not supposed to be a political discussion - sorry. Got carried away. Congrats on being able to buy a new truck - and enjoy whatever you decide on.
    :hi5:I like your style!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Ram is a break off/sub company of dodge which is still part of mopar as a whole. It may have ram on it, may be advertised under its own special ram trucks page but it is still a dodge.

Guess what it sold at all dodge dealerships?
    Rams.
    Salisbury dodge, Ralph sellers Chrysler dodge and jeep etc. they all sell ram trucks. Why?

Well if you want to look at it that way then it's not a dodge or a ram. It's a FIAT!! Silly FIAT drivers.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey now I was a Chevy guy.
    My ram has much more power, rides better, nicer interior, and pulls much better than the other two 1500's. oh and it looks better in my opinion lol
    Dodge has come a long way.

I was a Chevy guy for a long time too, but my 2011 Ram sport is the best truck I've ever owned. By the way, there's no difference in Chevy and GMC trucks besides aesthetics.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was a Chevy guy for a long time too, but my 2011 Ram sport is the best truck I've ever owned. By the way, there's no difference in Chevy and GMC trucks besides aesthetics.
    The gmc will probably ride a little smoother and have more insulation. I just bought a new GMC Terrain and love it! There is no road noise at all and it gets great gas mileage for an SUV!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I don't like how large and overstated the current truck trends are heading towards, pretty soon the lights will be mounted on the fenders so they can make the grille bigger.

My current favorite in the looks department is the F150, although I did prefer the previous model I think the current ones are looking better now that they played around with the trim, lights, color configurations and such.

The 2007-2013 Sierra was my favorite but I think this new one looks like a Tonka truck.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not really a truck but I love my 6.2 liter in my escalade. Gets me where I want to go, and if needed it'll pull pretty hard. My buddy has a 2013 gmc sierra Denali with the diesel motor and I like that one too... Maybe I'm just a gm guy though, having driven tahoes, suburbans, and avalanches in the past. Now I will say that I feel the interior could have been made of higher quality parts in my escalade (though it's still better looking than the Tahoe Ltz I was cross shopping at the time). And fords/Lincoln's interior was much better, I just couldn't get myself to buy a ford....

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    You can also not forget about the new trucks dashboard cracking issues which is common on the tahoes/silverados since they share the same dash style. For you fellow GM truck owners look in the far upper left side of your airbag. How many have cracks?? There is also a crack that develops on the driver side right about the ridge for the gauge cluster. Cheap plastic junk! I went to look at a used crew cab silverado at a dealership and had to point out that the dashboards on most of the trucks where cracked. Quickest way to test is turn the AC all the way up and let it get cold. The plastic will constrict and reaveal the cracks. 2007 NBS silverado owner here.

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    BTW, Both my GMC and Ram are similar models (extended/quad cab, 4x4) and my Ram gets better fuel economy. The best I EVER got out of the GMC was 18mpg and that was driving like grandpa and 60mph mostly. I average 17-18 in the Ram and have a best of 20.2. That was on a trip from Dallas to OKC with the cruise set at 75 the whole way.

The Ram IS kind of a maintenance hog...16 spark plugs and they recommend changing them at 32k miles. It also takes 7 quarts of oil over the 6 in the GMC.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I just got a 2013 5.3L Silverado back in Feb. I'm getting 16mpg in the city and around 23-24mpg on the highway at 65mph. What I don't like about it is it shifts too soon and the way it drops 4 cylinders on and off constantly and when you want to get up an go at speed it seems to take forever to shift into a lower gear and back up to V8 for power. I just drive it in "tow/haul" mode to eliminate most of that. I must say though, that the Bose sound system does rock out.

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    That was another thing I hated about the GMC. I'd push the go pedal and it seemed to kind of wait for a second to make sure I really wanted to accelerate before it would do anything. Touch the pedal on the Ram and its ready to go right then. I always read that Blackbear could fix that with a tune but I didnt care for the rest of the truck enough to mess with it.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    That was another thing I hated about the GMC. I'd push the go pedal and it seemed to kind of wait for a second to make sure I really wanted to accelerate before it would do anything. Touch the pedal on the Ram and its ready to go right then. I always read that Blackbear could fix that with a tune but I didnt care for the rest of the truck enough to mess with it.

Blame that on several gas saving quirks about the gms. Long story short, you don't actually get full power unless under a very specific set of circumstances as calculated by the computer.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I have the 2012 Silverado crew with the 5.3. I do notice that it can take a little while to accelerate when you step on it, but I am getting great gas mileage on long trips (only about 16 mpg city). Went to Dallas with the family (wife and 3 kids with the a/c on the whole time and avg. about 70mph) and did not need to fill up the entire way there and still had about 60 miles left on the fuel range. Averaged it out to about 24mpg. Wanted to see what it would do on the way back but decided to fill up before hitting the basin. Good thing I did because it was shut down due to accident as usual.

Overall, I am happy with it. Do like the looks of the Rams better but I have had terrible experiences with the durability of Dodge trucks.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have a 2014 LTZ on order. I'm getting it with the rear axle ratio of 3.42. That will help in the shifting and such. I thought about the Avalanche. I've had one in the past and loved it but this is the last year they are making it and I figured the resale will be crap in 4-5 years. I could be wrong though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom