New Sierra and Silverado

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    The Silverados differently have an engine lag when you go to WOT. I know you can have the engine tuned and this should change things up. My uncle has an 07 trailblazer SS that had the lag that's common. He had it programmed and change it completely. No it's pedal to the floor. 07 with the 4.8 is a turd wagon when it comes to go full throttle in a heartbeat. The LS series engines to me seem to be the most reliable engines GM has ever made.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I have the 2012 Silverado crew with the 5.3. I do notice that it can take a little while to accelerate when you step on it, but I am getting great gas mileage on long trips (only about 16 mpg city). Went to Dallas with the family (wife and 3 kids with the a/c on the whole time and avg. about 70mph) and did not need to fill up the entire way there and still had about 60 miles left on the fuel range. Averaged it out to about 24mpg. Wanted to see what it would do on the way back but decided to fill up before hitting the basin. Good thing I did because it was shut down due to accident as usual.

Overall, I am happy with it. Do like the looks of the Rams better but I have had terrible experiences with the durability of Dodge trucks.

Dallas is downhill from wherever you live?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I don't think I will buy another OMAMA MOTORS vehicle.

Buy American !
    Buy a Ford.

Never another nickel to the Goberment Motors.....say what you will, they are and will be directed my the government!!
    Yes I have a 2002 Z-71 with just over 190K miles only repairs have been 3 sets of brakes, 1 set of shocks, one battery and one belt! THAT's ALL! Been a GREAT TRUCK!!

I had a 2010 F-150 Lariat 4x4 (5.4 L) for 3 years and now in a 2013 F-150 Lariat 4x4 (5.0 L)........CHEVY nor RAM can hold a candle to the new F-150's in general exterior, OR Interior appearance, ride, and durability! These trucks are far superior! Just 2 weeks ago when I was test driving I drove all three so called "AMERICAN" manufactures, FORD wins HANDS DOWN!!

KT

KT

soontobetwo

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Gonzales
    I am riding shotgun right now in my new 2013 silverado and love the ride. I could never buy a ford. Most people on here are probably too young to remember the ford pinto in the seventies. After some of their pintos burst into flames from rear end collisions resulting in tragic loss of life, ford decided it was cheaper to pay the law suits than to re engineer or recall. The sheeple forget these things.
    Silverados are made of 61% USA parts and the ford 60%. That's too close to be a deal breaker for me.
    I think it's all about personal preference, I just can't overlook the ford pinto fiasco.

Top Bottom