no guns in Catholic churches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Just saw that the bishops decided that although it has been allowed, no concealed firearms will be allowed in Catholic churches. I missed the update of it being allowed by the state.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Note to the Bishop:

Publically kissing up to the criminal element and those hell-bent on doing evil things won't make them go away. Just sayin'.:rolleyes:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Guns don't belong in churches, but I guess they do in the Vatican. The Swiss Guard packs pistols, SMGs, and assault rifles along with their rapiers and halberds.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    Guns don't belong in churches, but I guess they do in the Vatican. The Swiss Guard packs pistols, SMGs, and assault rifles along with their rapiers and halberds.

- those guards are trained pro's and not a bunch of random wing nuts with some plastic permit in their pocket showing they took a course, often given by another wing nut, and then took 8 more hours of training, who now know enough to be armed and dangerous, but only to innocent.

If I was the Pope, I would pick Swiss Guards over the random gun toter any day.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    - those guards are trained pro's and not a bunch of random wing nuts with some plastic permit in their pocket showing they took a course, often given by another wing nut, and then took 8 more hours of training, who now know enough to be armed and dangerous, but only to innocent.

We can carry outside of church freely. Does that make being in public less safe? No. We are more safe. It doesn't take specialized training to be able to follow basic firearm safety with regard to the common self defense situation. The vast majority of the time the gun won't even come out of the holster. And this is beside the point. Are churches impervious to criminals and violence? Absolutely not.
    Church goers of 100+ years ago would be disappointed.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It is called concealed carry. If you have to shoot someone in church, make sure not to hit the innocents and you probably will not be excommunicated.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Did the state law allowing carry in churches go into effect immediately or is there a date we need to wait for?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

So, (not wanting to assume anything here) you believe that Louisiana being a "shall issue" state is a rotten idea because the Dept of Public Safety only issues these pieces of plastic to untrained wingnuts who've been authorized to get them by other wingnuts?

Please- humor me.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think it was a BAD IDEA to use lauguage describing the details of this bill like "private security force/team/whatever"....That only draws uneducated (about guns in general, CHPs, and their holders) opinions from uneducated people.

Just my opinion....

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    So, (not wanting to assume anything here) you believe that Louisiana being a "shall issue" state is a rotten idea because the Dept of Public Safety only issues these pieces of plastic to untrained wingnuts who've been authorized to get them by other wingnuts?

Please- humor me.

That is often the case and can be proved by post on this site. However, I did not say "Only" and I did say "often by other wing nuts". So that you do not have to assume, having plastic, and meeting the min standards, does not make you qualified to deal with a large scale sit, such as in a Church. It tends to prepare you more for a one on one.

I did not mean to offend you when I said "wing nut". Your next tin foil hat is on me, ok.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That is often the case and can be proved by post on this site. However, I did not say "Only" and I did say "often by other wing nuts". So that you do not have to assume, having plastic, and meeting the min standards, does not make you qualified to deal with a large scale sit, such as in a Church. It tends to prepare you more for a one on one.

I did not mean to offend you when I said "wing nut". Your next tin foil hat is on me, ok.

The church shootings I've read about involved lone shooters, which is not a large scale situation. When the Zetas start taking whole churches hostage, then we'll need people with higher levels of training.

The piece of plastic is unconstitutional (US Constitution) by the way. There should be no requirements for carrying.

Top Bottom