no guns in Catholic churches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Actually that motivation will get you dropped from the team. If you do good just to get into heaven, then you're not really being good. You have to love your fellow man - all of them, and love God for no reason other that you love them, and then you are a good man. You must do so knowing that you do not deserve salvation. Otherwise you're a fraudulent Christian. God sees through such flimsy charades.

Of course...but a simplistic question was asked that just might warrant an equally simplistic answer. I wasn't trying to sway anyone from the path to Heaven by purposefully leaving out the intricacies of theology. God forbid that I do so.

Brannon is a smart guy. I can't tell whether he is pressing his point that way because that is the level at which he wants to understand it or whether he is fishing deeper.

Our mission here on Earth is to know, serve and please God. In the serving and pleasing, we will necessarily want to do "good". We still must "know" Him to enter into eternal salvation.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I think you're wrong about this one. I don't think God helps anybody kill. In fact I'm pretty sure that if He thought it was OK to kill people in some circumstance, then in His infinite wisdom he could have come up with a better way of wording that commandment.

The Commandment forbids the killing of an innocent person..."murder".

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That Commandment is very easy to understand for anyone who has read the Old Testament. God kills and helps many of his followers kill others at war and in defense. So it should be easy to see it means Murder. The Bible speaks of spilling innocent blood as sinning against God. If He meant dont kill then he wouldnt help His army kill vast amounts of people. Just Sayin

That the way I tend to think of it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The commandment says, "You Shall Not Kill"

Period.

It does if you are Catholic. Jewish, Protestant, Islam generally use the word "murder"

Remember, Jesus was sent to die for our sins because we are a bunch of screw ups. Man is basically like the little shithead kid that just has to grow out of it or die out of his own stupidity. :mamoru:

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    The original translation of the bible has it as "Murder" and that is the ONLY one that can be used to reconcile it against God's own teachings and actions.

The Pope is human and is chosen by man. We are asked to believe that this is all guided by God's hand and I do. The problem is that man can deny God and has and does therefore I cannot accept the Pope as infallible which makes his decisions suspect. At that point one must look inside himself and talk to God himself for the final guidance.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The Pope is human and is chosen by man. We are asked to believe that this is all guided by God's hand and I do. The problem is that man can deny God and has and does therefore I cannot accept the Pope as infallible which makes his decisions suspect.

Have you made just one correct decision in your lifetime?
    Do you know which one it was?
    Was the decision over a case of faith and/or morals?
    That's pretty much the extent of most Pope's infallibility.

Is it so difficult to accept now?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom