Now that Romney is emerging, who would you like to see as a running mate?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    RON PAUL COULD NOT WIN THE NOMINATION.

HE DOES NOT POLL BETTER AGAINST OBAMA.

HE CANNOT WIN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

Get over your feelings of being butt hurt and face the facts. The race is over and Ron Paul's horse hasn't left the gate.

This is a really interesting, but sad point. Would you stop rooting for your favorite sports team just because they were having a bad season? If you do, you are no fan at all, you are a sell out. It seems you are encouraging people to sell out. We were asked our individual opinions and I gave mine. If you think voting for Romney will give America a better future you are dead wrong he is a criminal in a Republican costume. The joke is on you if you are falling for his disingenuous campaign.

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    This is my point exactly. If a person thinks that a politician is doing great harm to the country and must be defeated, then this person turns right around and votes for a candidate that has zero chance to win, you thus enable the politician that you wish defeated to win. That's irrational behavior.

So, let me get this straight....I should vote for who I think can win as opposed to who I think is the better candidate? The only reason Ron Paul can't win is because too many people think like you. Are you denying that he would be a better president?

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    If you are going to vote on your conscious then be will to accept responsibility for your vote and don't complain if Obama wins and feel shame for helping to inflict him on the country for another four years. Your belief and conscious means you don't care about anyone but yourself

This is terrible logic...I'm gonna ask the doctor to give me cancer because I think HIV is terrible and I don't want it anymore...wtf? Too many people think like this and don't even realize it.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    This is terrible logic...I'm gonna ask the doctor to give me cancer because I think HIV is terrible and I don't want it anymore...wtf? Too many people think like this and don't even realize it.

I've never thought of it like that, but that is outstanding.

Although, if you HAVE To have one of the two...

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Why, by gum, I think he gets it!

Ron Paul cannot win because- #1 he's not part of the machine and- #2 he's a screwball when it comes to foreign policy.

Of course Romney isn't a savior on a white horse; no politician who makes it to the national level can be (except perhaps Reagan). But he can save us from OBuckwheat. And if you cannot see that HE is the greater evil, then you're more myopic than we think you are.

I might get it, but you obviously don't. Under no circumstance will I vote for "the machine," as you call it. So stop disparaging my viewpoint, which is an educated viewpoint. I respect your opinion because I believe in personal freedom. Do you? If so, leave me the **** alone. Accept that we have differences of opinion and stop trying to Lord over my thoughts, like "the machine."

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Why, by gum, I think he gets it!

Ron Paul cannot win because- #1 he's not part of the machine and- #2 he's a screwball when it comes to foreign policy.

Of course Romney isn't a savior on a white horse; no politician who makes it to the national level can be (except perhaps Reagan). But he can save us from OBuckwheat. And if you cannot see that HE is the greater evil, then you're more myopic than we think you are.

Also, I noticed you only quoted a section of my post. You were choosy about which aspects to respond to, thus ignoring the greater context. Specifically, you didn't answer my question. Interesting...

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    429661_335669459802449_200964779939585_852705_1869592910_n.jpg

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Ok, I admit, I only read the first line of OP.... but without Google or looking it up.... can you name ANY of the VP and what good (or bad) they did?

ok, just for the sake of global worming :mamoru: , I will give you Mr Al. Can you name any others?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Ok, I admit, I only read the first line of OP.... but without Google or looking it up.... can you name ANY of the VP and what good (or bad) they did?

ok, just for the sake of global worming :mamoru: , I will give you Mr Al. Can you name any others?

Is this a history quiz?

Okay. Harry Truman assumed the Presidency after the death of FDR in 1945.

In August of that year, he made the decision to nuke the hell out of the Japanese, bringing them to their knees and ending WW2. That was a biggie in my opinion.

The VP is always a plane crash away from the White House. Yeah- it's important.

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    How about Ron Paul for his veep!

Paul would never agree to that. The entire premise of Paul's political existence is limited government, constitutionality, and the abolishment of the Federal Reserve and Federal Income Tax. To join hands with Romney would be like Father Abraham joining hands with Hitler...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    If RP runs against obammy, I'll vote RP.
    If MR runs against obammy, I'll vote MR.
    If Hillary runs against obammy, I'll (choke) vote for her/it.
    I cannot think of anyone who I would not vote for to get obammy out before he finishes this country off.
    And I still like WEST as the VP running mate for whoever runs against obammy.
    (But I will not vote third party or refuse to vote and let obammy back in.)

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    you know how i know the message Ron Paul preaches is working? if he truly only has 10% of the Republican support, people still talk about him like he's got 90%..

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    What question? The one about selling out my sports team?

Get a grip, bud. That **** is more rigged than elections. FYI, if I sat down and thought about it long enough, I could probably come up with something that interests me LESS than organized athletic 'sports'... say, the tragic problem of bedwetting amongst Afghan adolescents, for example.

Oh, I get it. This is down to the wire, for survival of our very way of life. You like guns? You don't think OBuckwheat will take his shot once he gets re-elected? Do you HONESTLY think anyone but Romney has the slightest chance of beating him? Do you even give a ****?

I should probably apologize for disrespecting your viewpoint, because I did indeed do that. But I won't. Why? Because thought processes like yours helped to give us Bill Clinton, and now OBuckwheat. Here's a news flash: I AGREE with your convictions. I also know that the deck is stacked and ready for a whorehouse cut. We need to win this one, by whatever means. Almost by definition, choosing who to vote for boils down to the lesser of two evils.

I'm done here. Debating this is like wrestling with a pig; the pig likes it, and I get dirty.

And in response to the inevitable responses about turning tail, etc.; I don't care.;)

Actually, no...the question about Ron Paul making a good president. Redo?

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    What question? The one about selling out my sports team?

Get a grip, bud. That **** is more rigged than elections. FYI, if I sat down and thought about it long enough, I could probably come up with something that interests me LESS than organized athletic 'sports'... say, the tragic problem of bedwetting amongst Afghan adolescents, for example.

Oh, I get it. This is down to the wire, for survival of our very way of life. You like guns? You don't think OBuckwheat will take his shot once he gets re-elected? Do you HONESTLY think anyone but Romney has the slightest chance of beating him? Do you even give a ****?

I should probably apologize for disrespecting your viewpoint, because I did indeed do that. But I won't. Why? Because thought processes like yours helped to give us Bill Clinton, and now OBuckwheat. Here's a news flash: I AGREE with your convictions. I also know that the deck is stacked and ready for a whorehouse cut. We need to win this one, by whatever means. Almost by definition, choosing who to vote for boils down to the lesser of two evils.

I'm done here. Debating this is like wrestling with a pig; the pig likes it, and I get dirty.

And in response to the inevitable responses about turning tail, etc.; I don't care.;)

Guns aren't the only issue. . .

And I don't want an apology, I just want you to get rid of that creepy ass avatar picture, lol!

You've got a lot of energy for an old grump... I admire that!

Here's to America...

Last edited:

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Is this a history quiz?

Okay. Harry Truman assumed the Presidency after the death of FDR in 1945.

In August of that year, he made the decision to nuke the hell out of the Japanese, bringing them to their knees and ending WW2. That was a biggie in my opinion.

The VP is always a plane crash away from the White House. Yeah- it's important.

Point made, Thank you!
    The recent vp that came to mind was only 67 years ago.

re plane crash way: I have heard that Mrs and Mr obama are too good to ride in the same plane, have not heard if the VP gets a third pain paid for by you and me......

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Point made, Thank you!
    The recent vp that came to mind was only 67 years ago.

re plane crash way: I have heard that Mrs and Mr obama are too good to ride in the same plane, have not heard if the VP gets a third pain paid for by you and me......

Well, I don't mean to split HARES, Silly Rabbit- but you did say "ANY" VP in bold print. :dogkeke:

Top Bottom