Obama to spend $200 Million- PER DAY- of your money in India

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    1. What did it cost for Bush to travel to another country.
    2. Developing a good relationship with India will be good as the country can help offset China's economical and trade dominance.
    3. How much of that is just normal daily operations that would be spent anyways? IE secret service payrol.

1/ Irrellevant.

2/ We already have a good relationship with India.

3/Really don't want to let that cat out of the bag do they?
    (I bet it is at least double the cost of any other president).

.....and this "trip" just highlights how out of touch and arrogant he really is.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    1/ Irrellevant.

2/ We already have a good relationship with India.

3/Really don't want to let that cat out of the bag do they?
    (I bet it is at least double the cost of any other president).

.....and this "trip" just highlights how out of touch and arrogant he really is.

1. Only if you honestly apply the same standard to every president before Obama
    2. Sure, but I'm bet we could still use some help offsetting our debts to China. Presidents visit other countries and India may be one of those where it can benefit the US.
    3. They probably do not, but what justification do you have that it's double? I honestly have no idea.

I do feel he is out of touch and arrogant.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    ....oh and China and India are sworn enemies anyway, so our relationship with them is moot

How is that? We trade quite a bit with both. I'm sure we trade a good bit more with China whose interests are less likely to be aligned with US interests than India.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I wonder if there's any way that Congress could stop payment on the checks, cancel his credit cards, and pull all government resources back to CONUS and leave him & and his cracka hating old lady in India? :rolleyes:

Art

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I knew it. Some how, some way.......

it's Bush's fault!!!!!

:rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hey- what's the going rate on coconut removal these days????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/8109295/Coconuts-removed-from-trees-in-preparation-for-Barack-Obamas-India-trip.html

Coconuts removed from trees in preparation for Barack Obama's India trip

India is preparing for Barack Obama's first visit to the country by removing coconuts from palm trees in Mumbai to protect the US president.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 04 Nov 2010

Mr Obama will arrive in India on Saturday for the first leg of an Asian tour.

But as well as the usual security measures that come with welcoming a a visiting dignitary, Indian authorities have decided to go one step further, by removing all natural threats to the president as well.

Coconuts around the city's Gandhi museum, one of Mr Obama's stops in the city, are being taken down.

Mani Bhavan, where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his freedom struggle against the British, is among five places the US president is visiting in Mumbai.

"We told the authorities to remove the dry coconuts from trees near the building. Why take a chance?" Mani Bhavan's executive secretary, Meghshyam Ajgaonkar, told the BBC.

Last week American security officers inspected Mani Bhavan and its surroundings along with other places the president is likely to visit.

Every year in India people are injured or even killed by falling coconuts.

Mr Obama, still smarting from heavy losses in the midterm elections, will visit India, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan and China on the 10-day tour.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    1. Only if you honestly apply the same standard to every president before Obama
    2. Sure, but I'm bet we could still use some help offsetting our debts to China. Presidents visit other countries and India may be one of those where it can benefit the US.
    3. They probably do not, but what justification do you have that it's double? I honestly have no idea.

I do feel he is out of touch and arrogant.

1/ When Bush traveled the country was not in a depression with millions out of work, losing their homes, living in shelters and tent cities etc, so wasting taxpayers money the way this jerk is did not have the same negative effect.

2/ You said "developing" a good relationship with India" I only point out that we already have that, so he isn't really developing anything.

3/I have no justification for my assumption other than his innauguration was the most expensive in history due to the protection he needed so it only makes sense that his continued protection would be on a par...?

China and India share a 2000 odd mile border separated by the Himalayas and have been sworn enemies for centuries, and due to this combative relationship our relationship with India may have little effect with the Chinese.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    1/ When Bush traveled the country was not in a depression with millions out of work, losing their homes, living in shelters and tent cities etc, so wasting taxpayers money the way this jerk is did not have the same negative effect.

2/ You said "developing" a good relationship with India" I only point out that we already have that, so he isn't really developing anything.

3/I have no justification for my assumption other than his innauguration was the most expensive in history due to the protection he needed so it only makes sense that his continued protection would be on a par...?

China and India share a 2000 odd mile border separated by the Himalayas and have been sworn enemies for centuries, and due to this combative relationship our relationship with India may have little effect with the Chinese.

1. That's a BS response. Presidents travel. I'm sure Bush Traveled around the time he signed the first stimulus bill. I'm assuming you just don't want to apply the same standard to a President you like. I could be wrong.

2. Relationships are always in a constant state of flux. There may be future economic opportunities for both the US and India that may reduce our reliance on Chinese goods. Leaders can help facilitate this growth. I don't know what all our President is going to be doing over there, but I can see the need for travel. I don't know how well he will use it though.

3. Maybe so. Presidents need protection and Obama isn't popular. I expect that as the value of a dollar goes down, the price of protection will only increase.

I'm not an Obama fan, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    LOL Yea right.Your not a bush hater either.:rolleyes:

Fortunately, I can sift through the BS and hate on Obama for actual things he has done. I think the Democrats and Obama have pretty come pretty close to destroying this country by passing the Health Care bill and second stimulus package. Only time will tell if this country is resilient enough to pay the bill.

Obama traveling to another country and taking his entourage is something I'd expect any president to do in the name of conducting this countries business. Since I have no real idea of the cost that it takes to perform such a trip, I don't think I'm going to bitch about just him doing it, when other presidents do the same. In many cases it'll be good for the country as it can end up in bring jobs or low cost goods to the US.

I think anyone who will bitch about one person doing something that his predecessors do but gives a pass to those predecessors because they have a little elephant by their name is just as bad as the liberal media who gives Obama a pass.

As far as Bush, I don't hate the guy. I do think some of the stuff his name is on has eroded our liberties under the veil of protection from terrorism. I'd like to think that he really believed that Iraq had WMDs before he committed soldiers/resources to the area instead of finding Bin Ladin. I hope my country men did not die just so Bush could kick Sadam's ass. Hopefully our CIA can have better intel than that.

I don't give a crap if someone has a little elephant or jack ass by their name. I'd prefer there were no parties and maybe we could get people who just did good for this country instead of playing for their team. But some people feel they need to belong to their little club.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Okay, so they are saying "no it don't!!!!" and are falling back to asking how much Bush's trips cost. Answering the questions with more questions. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Okay, how much is it, then?

Since it is the taxpayers' money, how much?

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Okay, so they are saying "no it don't!!!!" and are falling back to asking how much Bush's trips cost. Answering the questions with more questions. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Okay, how much is it, then?

Since it is the taxpayers' money, how much?

Indeed.
    That's yer typical liberal response along with finger pointing and blowing smoke. Never a straight answer because they don't have one. The thought process hasn't fully matured in the starry eyed college kids but an adult has no such excuse.
    Trying to reason with, or get a liberal to consider another point of view is no different than arguing with a child. We don't do it because it is an execise in futility.

Top Bottom