Opinions on .22lr handguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Anything it the Ruger MK family gets my vote.
    gunapprasial002-1.jpg

saint451

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Hammond
    I enjoy my Buckmark. Shoots anything when clean, very accurate, fun. I also have a CZ75 and a Sig 226 both with 22lr conversion units. Both are great shooters and easy to clean. Do you have a pistol that can be converted? Not much cheaper than a dedicated 22lr but gives the advantage of holding the same firearm for practice.

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Either or:}

I enjoy my Buckmark. Shoots anything when clean, very accurate, fun. I also have a CZ75 and a Sig 226 both with 22lr conversion units. Both are great shooters and easy to clean. Do you have a pistol that can be converted? Not much cheaper than a dedicated 22lr but gives the advantage of holding the same firearm for practice.

+1 on Buckmark

I picked up a Beretta U22 Neos used a few months back that I also like:}

j8lezx8d07qgcmq05oxc.jpg

"THUNDERBOLT" ammo rocks in both of them, now if I could only find some lol.

Good luck with your choice..

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Looking into possibly getting an auto .22lr handgun. Choices I'm looking into are the Walther P22, the Sig Mosquito, and the Ruger SR-22. Few people I've talked to highly recommend the SR-22, and just wanted to hear some other opinions (Experience based). Only bad things I've heard about the others are they are finicky with certain ammo. Is this the case across the board? Or just specific to the Mosquito and P22?[/QUOTE]

Having both of these, I would agree! They are temperamental unless you get the rounds they like. Then they rock! Love them both!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Everytime i see a neo i think...(duck dodgers and the return of the 241⁄2th century) I always use marvin the martians voice when reading that too lol :D

Lol Looks goofy but feels really good, my grandkids love it.....As I mentioned if I could find some "Thunderbolts" or heck any .22lr ammo it eats any kind like tick-tacks; I could get them to stop using my vintage air rifles to shoot cans & plastic bottles lol

uvlzj3obugtup1l32a0.jpg
    vuko7850gsjuk1znlcj.jpg

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Lol Looks goofy but feels really good, my grandkids love it.....As I mentioned if I could find some "Thunderbolts" or heck any .22lr ammo it eats any kind like tick-tacks; I could get them to stop using my vintage air rifles to shoot cans & plastic bottles lol

If your short on some .22 I got some so the kids can shoot just let me know when you come down this way :).

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm pretty sure I'll have the SR-22 by the end of the week. I'm now eyeballing MK-IIs, IIIs the Buckmark thanks to y'all. Not sure how I can justify it to the wife, but sure I can find a way someday (I always do). Thanks again everyone!

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I ordered a ruger sr22 and shot it for the first time yesterday. Overall i loved it! Shoots cci mini mags perfect. Also shot several kinds of bulk ammo. Did pretty good. Had a few ftf's but not many. Gun isn't fully broken in yet. Also shoots a little high and to the left out the box. Has fully adjustable sights but i didnt have time to dial it in. The gun feels great in your hands! Everyone who holds it says the same. My brother has a p22 and he has had alot of issues. The sr22 seems to be much better. I bought this gun mainly for my kids and wife but everyone had a blast shooting it. I love it! My next will be the mark 3 22/45 for me.

Top Bottom