Palmetto State Armory,sad customer relations,Im done

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

scubaman69

*Banned*
    Jul 24, 2012
    jennings
    I ordered some more parts from palmetto for a last shot of letting them redeem themselves.

I have been ordering from them for about 4 years now.About 8 months ago,they started to
    really be slow in shipping and when you would call customer service,no one would ever
    answer.So I just figured they were busy and carried on.Well I ordered again from them about
    2 months after that.Again super,super slow shipping.Took them 3 weeks to ship me 2 LPKS.

Now I could understand If I ordered their crappy uppers.They usually take their time in screwing
    those up.But to take 3 weeks to get me 2 lpks that weigh less than a 2lbs just doesn't seem
    right.Well I gave up on them and last week,I said hey why not see if they have straightened up
    any and are trying to do better business manors.So I ordered some parts and sure enough 6 days
    later,not shipped,not even processing.So I tried to call them and no answer for 2 days.

So I finally emailed them to see wth was up.This is their ,in my opinion,sh**ty response to any
    customer,let alone some one that is a true valued customer.Well apparently ,I'm not and
    apparently no one is that isn't a dealer or mfg.

This is what they replied back with: We do appreciate your business. I suggest that you take a
    look at our terms and conditions which clearly state that orders currently take 5 business days
    to ship. We hire as we see fit,we can not afford a lot of hiring right now due to the election.If
    you would like to cancel your order I will gladly do that for you. Keep in mind that all requests
    for cancellation are subject to a 10% processing fee. Please let me know how you would like to
    proceed.

Yea,that is what I want to hear.Let me cancel my order that is already 4 days behind just so I
    can be charged 10% restocking fee.ARE YOU SERIOUS? Why would they charge me for a
    processing fee when the order hasn't even processed.I'm pretty sure the person that wrote the
    email did not even try to check on my order.Truly sad customer service in my opinion

I deal with well over 40-60 company's throughout the world.None of which would ever write
    something so pathetic to a customer,especially a customer that has spent well over 10k in
    the last 4 years with them.

Two words for your mighty Palmetto State Armory. IM DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!

as you guys say it,Rant Off.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I bought from them once about two years ago. They messed up my address but corrected it quickly. Went well.

I quit looking around their though since the website consists of almost exclusively out of stock items :rolleyes:

enutees

Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I order a good bit of stuff from them. I know going in that it will be a long wait. If anyone has the same stuff for a similar price I order elsewhere. Unfortunately, their lower part build kits and several other things are the best price/value going. Their uppers are good to go in my experience and reasonably priced. Just ordered an Eotech from them for cheaper than anyone on the web that I could find with the 15% off sale they had.

If you want fantastic service order from Primary Arms. They just don't carry everything I want. We need him to go take over Palmetto State.

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Pm me your Order number, I will contact them and see what I can do.

Believe me they cherish their web customers more than dealers, which is the reason I havent had uppers or lowers in a month. They are backed up due to mfg's not keeping up with their end. It is a circle. I am not defending PSA's response. What I am saying is the person who wrote that response probably wrote 1000 others that day. Believe me When I tell you the employees at PSA are just as disgusted as you are. They pride themselves on customer service

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Scuba,

Get with Jason (Pelican Firearms) he is a site sponsor and will help you out with PSA. He has a great connection with them and buys a lot from them. He very well may be able to help you resolve your issue to your satisfaction.

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I order a good bit of stuff from them. I know going in that it will be a long wait. If anyone has the same stuff for a similar price I order elsewhere. Unfortunately, their lower part build kits and several other things are the best price/value going. Their uppers are good to go in my experience and reasonably priced. Just ordered an Eotech from them for cheaper than anyone on the web that I could find with the 15% off sale they had.

If you want fantastic service order from Primary Arms. They just don't carry everything I want. We need him to go take over Palmetto State.

Pa is excellent as well

scubaman69

*Banned*
    Jul 24, 2012
    jennings
    It sounds as if you know a bit about them jason.

You say their employees are saddened as well by the customer service.So what do you think
    has changed jason to make their customer service or any of their services for that manor,
    getting worse?

I know that company's change presidents and owners and sometimes their customer service
    begins to lack in good service.Do you think that or know that is what may be happening with
    them.

I'm just confused in why they were such a responsive and polite company for 3 1/2 years to
    me anyway and then all of a sudden,it seems as though they couldn't care less if you spent
    your money there or not.

I know ,now this is my opinion,but it seems as though during these tough times in the economy,
    most of the company's I deal with seem to be bending over backwards to keep a customer happy.
    In fact I had a company about 3 weeks ago sent the wrong part.It was only about a $28 part.I
    told them ,no big deal,I will return and they can send me the other product.They said no sir,you
    keep that part if you can use it and we will send you 2 of the other parts you ordered.

Now that is what I like to hear.What can we do for you,not what can I cancel for you and charge
    you a processing fee to boot.

Last edited:

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I still want to see the email you sent to them. I feel like there is more to this story, than you asked a question, and got a snide email back. Especially with the "we hire as we see fit" line in there. Seems like you wrote them an angry email telling them they aren't going fast enough, they need to hire more people, etc. etc. etc. and got that back.

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    It sounds as if you know a bit about them jason.

You say their employees are saddened as well by the customer service.So what do you think
    has changed jason to make their customer service or any of their services for that manor,
    getting worse?

I know that company's change presidents and owners and sometimes their customer service
    begins to lack in good service.Do you think that or know that is what may be happening with
    them.

I'm just confused in why they were such a responsive and polite company for 3 1/2 years to
    me anyway and then all of a sudden,it seems as though they couldn't care less if you spent
    your money there or not.

I know ,now this is my opinion,but it seems as though during these tough times in the economy,
    most of the company's I deal with seem to be bending over backwards to keep a customer happy.
    In fact I had a company about 3 weeks ago sent the wrong part.It was only about a $28 part.I
    told them ,no big deal,I will return and they can send me the other product.They said no sir,you
    keep that part if you can use it and we will send you 2 of the other parts you ordered.

Now that is what I like to hear.What can we do for you,not what can I cancel for you and charge
    you a processing fee to boot.

What is happening is mfg'ers arent supplying them like they were contracted to do. They have overcome the lower problem, but the effects wont be seen for a couple of months.

Most of the cs problems you have seen is due to monatenism. They receive the same response over and over. (Not defending, but understanding) The problem pues within their recent workload, they had an 800 rifle Order. It tales approximatly 1 Man hour to assemble, test fire, package, and ship per rifle.

The reason they cant over hire is due to liability. They cant just hire anyone off of the street amd their price point doesnt allow them to pay outrageous salaries so recruiting is minimal.

The big One is political, not so much on their side, but on the consumer side. This is not much different than most ar manufacturers in the ar market. We as consumers have to get through the "Storm" and let the market Correct itself.

I can go on and on, and would be glad to go in more detail over the phone.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom