Paul Gomez - AK 101 / Defensive Pistol / Traumatic Medical Skills - Nov 18-20

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Emails have been sent out to participants with details and directions to the range. Anyone attending that did not receive the email, please let me know.

Procrastinators still welcome, though you will be required to buy the post-class beers. :D

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    damn nice range and heck of a class for an amateur like me. Thanks to all involved for setting it up and thanks to Paul for making the trip out here.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Paul, I want to thank you for the excellent instruction/class you provided !
    Curtis, thanks for organizing it
    Tommy, Thanks for allowing us to train on your playground ::envy:: :D
    and thanks to the rest of the class for putting up with my old decrepit carcass (being old enough to be most of ya'll daddy is NO excuse)

Like someone else said, "When is AK Carbine 2" scheduled? ;)

A few pics coming tommorow....

Agreed 100%. One of the best weekends I've had in a while. Sincere thanks to Gomez for making the trip down to teach this class despite a small turnout. Helluva teacher and a helluva guy. Big thanks to Tommy and family for opening up the range (and restaurant) to us, I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

AAR coming soon, once time has passed and I forgive Gomez for the mother****ing weak-side-only drills. You're a sick bastard! :curse:

But for now...I'm going supine for the remainder of the evening.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Thanks (again) to Paul Tommy AND everybody who made it. Without you there would have been no opportunity to do this. Special thanks to Speed racer, and of course, to the Claw "tactical" sling, which is on its way back to Bass Pro tomorrow.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    AK 101 was out past above and beyond. What you learn by doing these things, taught by an expert who is literally writing the book, cannot be learned at a public range standing still or on YouTube. Thanks, Gomez.

Thanks to Paul for taking so few of us. Thanks to Speed for setting it up. And thanks to Tommy for letting us use that fairy tale, bucolic range.

I'll gather more thoughts, too.

Last edited:
    J

jayd

thanks for allowing me to take pics

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    You Guys and Gals are Welcome.

Always good to practice stuff we hate to do like all the failure dills, weak hand manipulation and with failure dills.

There are many fine trainers coming to our area now.

Take advantage and take a class when it fits your budget and time.

There were two Lady in the pistol class who are new to shooting and come away with some real skills.

I was not an AK guy and have come away with a new found respect for the AK platform (not putting up my JP just yet:naughty:).

J

jayd

Aimpoint in the new RS Mount (sweet!)

zsfdriw8ts8n5mqo1kxt.jpg

J

jayd

We also had instruction on the finer points of pistol manipulation and Transitions from rifle (that hadn't gone dry/down) from Paul

b4rtp5ep6qe5liel9i62.jpg

Top Bottom