Question about open carry in Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    I think it can be said that whether one chooses to open carry or CC, it is their responsibility to do it in a professional and responsible manner, to act as ambassadors for the shooting sports and firearms community in order to educate others to prevent the harassment of law abiding citizens that decide to carry firearms. Ignorance is the ultimate enemy of our 2nd amendment rights.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I think it can be said that weather one chooses to open carry or CC, it is their responsibility to do it in a professional and responsible manner, to act as ambassadors for the shooting sports and firearms community in order to educate others to prevent the harassment of law abiding citizens that decide to carry firearms. Ignorance is the ultimate enemy of our 2nd amendment rights.

This!! Jesus. No one is 'cooler' or 'more hip' than anyone else on here! Just a forum for factual information, tips, but sell trade, and occasional bickering!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I think it can be said that weather one chooses to open carry or CC, it is their responsibility to do it in a professional and responsible manner, to act as ambassadors for the shooting sports and firearms community in order to educate others to prevent the harassment of law abiding citizens that decide to carry firearms. Ignorance is the ultimate enemy of our 2nd amendment rights.
    Amen brother! Self assess and make good choices because thats all you have control over at the end of the day.

CenLa Commando

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Alexandria
    Bayou: Let's see . I've witnessed
    A LEO almost shoot me in the police station with an accidental discharge from a Glock
    A LEO leave his M4 unattended and loaded around children at a public function
    A Federal LEO accidently shoot himself at the firing range
    A LEO accidental discharge that hit a civilian in the leg
    A soldier fire a MK19 grenade launcher in my general direction accidently
    A soldier M4 blow up in his face for firing a live round with a blank adapter attached.

This list is a few of the stupid and dangerous actions of some highly trained individuals

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    A LEO almost shoot me in the police station with an accidental discharge from a Glock
    A soldier M4 blow up in his face for firing a live round with a blank adapter attached.

This list is a few of the stupid and dangerous actions of some highly trained individuals

And I have seen civilians do the same.

Well except for the military examples, which by the way also do not make your case.

I have to agree with the others.

You've got something in your closet that makes you hate so badly.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Lol....I don't hate. I simply believe in equal protection of the law. Lay off the CSI for awhile .

Hate may be the wrong word but there's something in there for sure.

And I would just like to point out that in a previous post you said:
    "A LEO almost shoot me in the police station with an accidental discharge from a Glock

This list is a few of the stupid and dangerous actions of some highly trained individuals"

Yet you said in a post above that one:
    "I can show you just as many idiots conceal carrying as there is open carrying. I would venture to say there are many more."

None of the examples you provided were concealed carrying.

I truly do not understand what your beef is because you post mixed messages.

But your posting style is very similar to someone else who used to be on here a long time ago.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

Sounds like you are either the luckiest or unluckiest SOBs in the world. Lol. You sure they were accidents? :mamoru:

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    The only thing I have taken from this thread is that Douchebag23 should be banned...

I wish there was a way to block people on this forum... On other forums I use when someone is just a total douchebag, you can block them so that you can see they make a post but it blocks their post. It's so much faster to scroll past their male bovine fecal matter that way...

OC'ers, CC'ers, LEO's, Soldiers... There are at least SOME dumbasses where ever you go, but the fact remains OC is legal as well it should be. Luckily I have the money to pay for my CC permit but if I didn't I would open carry. Period. I wouldn't care what non-sense some of you bleeding heart leftist liberals would think about it either. Before you argue you aren't a liberal, if you are against OC then you are on the wrong side of this issue. Period.

-Neal

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The only thing I have taken from this thread is that Douchebag23 should be banned...

I wish there was a way to block people on this forum...
    There is.......and please block me, so you aren't compelled to read my opinion of your intelligence.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I haven't seen a single anti-OC post in this entire thread.

All many of us are saying is get some training before you OC.

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    D'OH!
    "Sorry dawg23 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.."

Ah well.... I tried...

Nola Jack, not sure why you think so little of my intelligence, but per your request I added you to the ignore list.

Have a good day all.

-Neal

SiteManagement

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Let this be of notice that the post in this thread are what will cause a thread to be shut down and for some individuals(if similar post continue), a temporary ban from the site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom