Rant Threadj! Get it off your chest here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Solution: continue restoring and driving old cars.

Take one for a spin and if you've got spare time, tell one of those superiority complex officers with the tactical t-shirt on too tight that you aren't wearing a seat belt and you aren't required to by law. It's a hilarious reaction every single time. (unless he's a car guy, at which point allocate more spare time for fun conversation)

Or you could not try to pick silly fights with cops?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It just takes one time with the wrong cop.

Whether you're anti-LE or not isn't the point. People in general are now more anti-LE than they were say, 15 years ago.

JR1572
    And it'd be a ticket and I earned it and I take it like a man.

As far as the growing Anti-LE sentiment, I do see it but you shouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thread derail to back on topic:

Why the F is Wildlife and Fisheries making minors have to pick up and sign for their deer tags in person?

My 15 year old can't drive; and can't buy his own gun; nor his ammunition!

:doh:

Oh, and he needed a ride (and his dad's permission) to sign up and take the mandatory Hunter's Safety Course!

If he was black, I would think he was being disenfranchised by the man!

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    And it'd be a ticket and I earned it and I take it like a man.

As far as the growing Anti-LE sentiment, I do see it but you shouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly.

I agree entirely. If I earned it I'll deal with it. On the Anti-LE stuff, it is certainly out there, but it shouldn't be used as a cudgel to beat down reasonable discussion, nor a shield against criticism.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Or you could not try to pick silly fights with cops?

I'm not "out picking fights"- it was intended as a bit of humor referencing a story I posted a week or so ago that had a lengthy discussion. (it was on a different forum my mistake) Anyhow, some hillbilly moron in lake charles passively-aggressively threatened to cite me a few weeks ago for a seat belt violation in a car that doesn't have seat belts.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm not "out picking fights"- it was intended as a bit of humor referencing a story I posted a week or so ago that had a lengthy discussion. (it was on a different forum my mistake) Anyhow, some hillbilly moron in lake charles passively-aggressively threatened to cite me a few weeks ago for a seat belt violation in a car that doesn't have seat belts.

That was worthy of posting? The waitress this morning gave me the wrong change back, should I start a thread about it? I mean hell, that's her job so she should know better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Where is the 9mm and 22lr ammunition?
    512d86ec65a86.preview-300.jpg

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    That was worthy of posting? The waitress this morning gave me the wrong change back, should I start a thread about it? I mean hell, that's her job so she should know better.

Watch it. Only the police make mistakes. Ask around, I'm sure there are more than enough people on here that agree with that.

JR1572

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    That's an easy one. All the derps that stand in front of Academy waiting for them to open are selling that ammo on silly Facebook pages and on Louisiana Sportsman for a hefty profit.

JR1572

Yeah and I refuse to support them. I only wish to enjoy shooting some and not hoarding up for apocalypses which I won’t have any need for ammo.

images

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Here's a gripe.

The way some of you will split a c*** hair trying to argue a silly and meaningless point.

Now, the sad fact is that there ARE cops out there who do consider it disrespectful to pass their marked vehicles regardless of how fast or slow they are going.
    I had a trooper out of Troop B pull that one on me several years ago.
    Don't think I've ever seen someone so mad over nothing.

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    One of the two times I have been pulled over here has been for passing Sheriff at 2:30 in the morning doing 80+mph on I55, I had been driving for 13 hours and was almost home, I didn't notice him until it was to late. He pulled me over and let me off with a warning and told me not to pass any more officers. Lesson learned.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Something I don't like:

I recently saw a gun on here for sell. I texted the guy and agreed to pay the price he was asking. He offered to meet me 1/2 way to make the exchange. We agreed to meet the next day and agreed on a time. I offered to call him the next morning to name an exact location.

Up to this point things were good. The next morning I started with a text then a phone call. I texted and called at different times all that day and the next day. He has yet to respond to anything.

Why do people do this? Does a mans word mean anything to them anymore? I will never understand.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    OK, my turn;

First, on the passing cop thing...

I wouldn't be stupid enough to blow past one.

I have passed many marked units at just a tad over his and have never gotten more than a friendly nod.

The rare tickets I been issued, I deserved.

Now, my traffic rant(s):

Big rigs governed to 64 being passed by another rig governed at 65 during rush hour traffic. Sometimes it takes literally miles to accomplish the pass, while miles of traffic backs up behind them and miles of open road opens ahead of them. If companies all governed their trucks to one speed only, the problem would be nullified. Or just don't let them in the left lane for any reason.

Now, do we need to talk about left lane laggers again?

Or those who have million candlepower headlights pointed way to high and ride with them all the time......

and even though it seems to be not as often...the boom boom stereos that rattle my mirrors?

People who park in front of a store instead of parking in a parking spot, blocking those who are in real parking spots.

I call it the fight against STUPID.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Why do people get in the right lane (The passing lane!) and go the speed limit or under? Get out of that lane! Also yield to ambulances you basta**s!

Dave

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    We are instructed to do the speed limit. I know this will come as a shock, but some people call and complain when officers do over the speed limit and often exaggerate the speed. Most officers would love to do 10 over and help with the flow but its not worth the complaints.

Seems like the GPS on the cruisers would protect the officer from those accusations.

Top Bottom