RED X ARMS have the worst customer service ever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdoors

Mar 7, 2013
    Red X Arms Rude unprofessional untruthful child like customer service.

smarlb3 Sorry to hear about your dealing with red x arms.Neil at red x a truely rude unprofessional dandy.Told order would ship 14 days waited 62 days. He lied about my order repeatedly and strung me along on shipping.When confronted after several emails and calls he responded and he said CRY TO SOMEOME WHO CARES. I informed him I was filing a complaint with the BBB of MN and he said go ahead they are a JOKE AND I AM MAKING MILLIONS HA HA......Red X arms has a childish behavior on customer service.Also lied and said bank rejected my card which was not true because Red X charged card right at order time and never attemped to charge it again.Informed by a guy I know who was asking about a order he placed and never received red x told him people from Iowa are S--t F--ks and ask was he born in MO.There is something wrong with him and he better get a grip on his customer relations with people.Any of you that have had bad dealings with red x arms should consider filing a complaint with the BBB of MN just to get the word out to other people.Who knows enough complaints maybe Neil will wake up and rethink how he responds to his customers.The BBB complaint form is simple on line to do.For the record the BBB gives the company a chance to respond back to complaint made to them and Red X never responded.smarlb3 I dout your order was even shipped could of been a lie from them.

smarlb3

Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I looked at the BBB web site and they are not registered with them, but they have two customer complaints. I think most people just don't respond to the BBB. The own is only making money due to the rush on parts, without it he would be out of business with his view on customer service

outdoors

Mar 7, 2013
    Red X and the BBB

BBB contacted me and said a number of calls were never returned from Red X arms.Red X was sent a certified letter from the BBB and received no reponse.Not only the rude behavior one should be a concerned with but what the heck would Red X do on a warranty repair.Recently received that answer talked to someone at a gun show that showed me his Red X upper and said it would not fit his Dpms lower.I could not get it on my Bushmaster lower either.Rear push pin would not go through.Would not fit a Rock River lower either.It was out of spec.Response from redx was lower receivers were out of spec and would not except the return.Warranty was voided if attached to out of spec receiver or a carbon fiber receiver.Response like this can leave you scratching your head.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    redx couldn't build in an airsoft gun to spec in my book, just one of the biggest group of morons trying to run a crooked business during this time of panic. Another forum said they use to do business under another name and changed it to redx, so I guess they'll just do the same instead of standing up and being a real company.

smarlb3

Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I am amazed it is still comment worthy. rrussotwo - I think you have given your redx approval many times. we all seem to have different experiences, but mostly these guys suck

ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i emailed aim surplus today around 5pm asking about the status of my order as i had received a shipping email friday, they actually responded about 2-3 hours later (on a saturday!) showing it would ship monday with the expected delivery on tuesday.

my message was real short and simple, asking for a shipping tracking number and gave my order and w/e other number they gave me.

op's experience is bizare and worth getting in touch with the company about, would like to know how it plays out. They should be doing some serious ass kissing, for now red x means dont buy from me, as if there arent plenty of other ar companies out there.

natesbb

Apr 27, 2013
    I bought a RED X Arms .300 blackout upper at the Tulsa Arms Show in November 2012. After inspecting the bore of the barrel, it had what looked like parkerizing that leaked through the gas port and adhered to it causing some kind of coating. After trying to polish it out with some bore paste, I called and spoke to Neil and he said to send it back and he would replace it. I shipped it via UPS and he received it in 12/24/12. I called a few times and received no reply, but I just figured they were backlogged like everyone else.

After 4 months, on 4/22/13, I emailed and asked for a status update. Lara replied promptly and had a new barrel shipped to me within 24 hours of my inquiry.

On 4/26/13 I received the "new" replacement barrel. After examining it, I could see that the this barrel had the same issue as the first barrel except that someone had polished the bore and removed the coating that had adhered to the lands and grooves inside the bore. You could definitely see where (what I can only assume is the parkerizing solution they used) caused pitting in the supposedly new barrel and that someone had polished the barrel. At first I thought that they had just polished the barrel I originally sent back and returned it to me, but after sending an email, Neil responded (rather rudely) that it was a NEW barrel. Regardless, I know what a new rifle bore looks like and this one was pitted and had been polished.

Instead of trying to rectify the situation and make good on his product, I tried calling the number listed for their business, but they did not answer or call me back. It escalated quickly via email. Neil then began to personally attack me with racist remarks and comments meant to belittle me. None of which had anything to do with the defective product.

The following are some of the excerpts from Neil's emails to me:

"You obviously dont get it. I won't kiss your ass to make you happy and if the customer is wrong like in this case i am not afraid to let them know."

"Can you just go away already! Move on! Stop wasting my time! One more email you will he reported to the PD for harassment."

I just wanted a .300 blackout barrel for my AR-15 that was not defective, and Neil decided to personally attack me.

My only mistake is that I should have checked the BBB and seen the "F" rating BEFORE I bought anything from RED X Arms. DO NOT BUY FROM RED X!!

natesbb

Apr 27, 2013
    I am currently having a bad experience with Red X. Neil is continuing to respond to my emails as well. I wish I would have seen your post BEFORE I started dealing with this immature yahoo. I am tempted to post my email chain with him as well.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I bought a RED X Arms .300 blackout upper at the Tulsa Arms Show in November 2012. After inspecting the bore of the barrel, it had what looked like parkerizing that leaked through the gas port and adhered to it causing some kind of coating. After trying to polish it out with some bore paste, I called and spoke to Neil and he said to send it back and he would replace it. I shipped it via UPS and he received it in 12/24/12. I called a few times and received no reply, but I just figured they were backlogged like everyone else.

After 4 months, on 4/22/13, I emailed and asked for a status update. Lara replied promptly and had a new barrel shipped to me within 24 hours of my inquiry.

On 4/26/13 I received the "new" replacement barrel. After examining it, I could see that the this barrel had the same issue as the first barrel except that someone had polished the bore and removed the coating that had adhered to the lands and grooves inside the bore. You could definitely see where (what I can only assume is the parkerizing solution they used) caused pitting in the supposedly new barrel and that someone had polished the barrel. At first I thought that they had just polished the barrel I originally sent back and returned it to me, but after sending an email, Neil responded (rather rudely) that it was a NEW barrel. Regardless, I know what a new rifle bore looks like and this one was pitted and had been polished.

Instead of trying to rectify the situation and make good on his product, I tried calling the number listed for their business, but they did not answer or call me back. It escalated quickly via email. Neil then began to personally attack me with racist remarks and comments meant to belittle me. None of which had anything to do with the defective product.

The following are some of the excerpts from Neil's emails to me:

"You obviously dont get it. I won't kiss your ass to make you happy and if the customer is wrong like in this case i am not afraid to let them know."

"Can you just go away already! Move on! Stop wasting my time! One more email you will he reported to the PD for harassment."

I just wanted a .300 blackout barrel for my AR-15 that was not defective, and Neil decided to personally attack me.

My only mistake is that I should have checked the BBB and seen the "F" rating BEFORE I bought anything from RED X Arms. DO NOT BUY FROM RED X!!

What was the racist remark?

natesbb

Apr 27, 2013
    What was the racist remark?

One of his emails said that I tried to "jew him down" when I bought the upper from him at a gun show. When actually I asked him if he gave dealer pricing to FFL holders (which I am one) because I would be interested in buying multiple uppers for some builds. I am tempted to post all of his ridiculous emails like the guy did earlier in this thread.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    One of his emails said that I tried to "jew him down" when I bought the upper from him at a gun show. When actually I asked him if he gave dealer pricing to FFL holders (which I am one) because I would be interested in buying multiple uppers for some builds. I am tempted to post all of his ridiculous emails like the guy did earlier in this thread.

Well in my experience with Arabs, now I suspect that old stereotype needs to be rewritten as "Middle East me down". Must be the water over there. :D

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Apparently he can do whatever he wants because he is balling the CEO. :dogkeke:

-like-a-boss-_20120518082958.jpg

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Well in my experience with Arabs, now I suspect that old stereotype needs to be rewritten as "Middle East me down". Must be the water over there. :D

Man your not kidding, it is in their blood to haggle on price before a deal. I use to work at a retail place where price couldn't be adjusted on some items and it would get to the point where I would say "the price is $500, it cannot be changed, you can either pay that or leave" and the next thing out of their mouth would be "How about $475".

blitztech

Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    wow...I almost want to place an order to get some emails of my own! Oh well, I'm too lazy to bother going to the site, yet somehow I managed to read this entire thread :confused:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'm so gonna go order some gas ring and start emailing. I couldn't stop laughing reading this. Will be a hoot at work. Maybe he should make youtube video's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom