Savage 110ba Scope options?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunBull85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I'm considering buying the Savage 110ba in 338 Lapua. If I wanted to really be able reach out and touch someone or something, somewhere around its max effective range (+1,000yds) what would you suggest for a scope?

CajunBull85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Really???

Yes really. It's something my drill instructors and combat instructors used to say. "Reach out and touch that target." "There will times when the enemy is far away. We're gonna have to reach out and touch them." I guess it's a nicer way of saying we are gonna send rounds through their heads. It kind of just stuck with me. The gun will primarily be used for the range, but if TSHTF ever, I'd like to know I can get them from far away.

Grizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    I topped my Savage 110 BA with a nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 in MIL/MIL with the MLR reticle. The furthest I've pushed it is 2060 yards and even at that range it hits as hard as a 44 mag at the muzzle. 1000 yards is a cake walk for the 338 Lapua. The Nightforce is on the expensive side but not like a S&B expensive and it is super rugged for field use. If I had the chance though I would dish out a couple extra hundred and get the ATACR in Mil.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    All kinds of options. What's your budget? A Nightforce 5.5-22, or an ATACR would bet great SFP options. The new ATACR glass is awesome (120moa with of adjustment is also pretty nice). In FFP I'd recommend a Vortex Razor. If you're got the $$ the Kahles 5-25 or the S&B 5-25 are considered the best top tier options.

If you get a chance to get to Hammond, stop by the store. You will not find a better optics selection in the state.

Grizz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    All kinds of options. What's your budget? A Nightforce 5.5-22, or an ATACR would bet great SFP options. The new ATACR glass is awesome (120moa with of adjustment is also pretty nice). In FFP I'd recommend a Vortex Razor. If you're got the $$ the Kahles 5-25 or the S&B 5-25 are considered the best top tier options.

If you get a chance to get to Hammond, stop by the store. You will not find a better optics selection in the state.

Hey its Chris, got my scope from you last year, thanks! He brings up a good point about SFP and FFP, do some research and make sure you know what you want first. Also call up Chris when your ready to purchase!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom