Sherburne rifle range...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    ajaquda4.jpg

explain.png

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I'm assuming this is the rifle range pictured? How is the handgun range? Does it have the same baffles installed or is it still the same as it used to be. I really need to sight in my .22, and if the pistol/rimfire range is similar I'll have to find somewhere else. Don't feel like dealing with the added noise.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I went for the first time this past Saturday. It is pretty noisy on the rifle range but not as bad as indoor ranges. You have to be sitting down to see down range.

The pistol range does not have anything in front of it. It does have a roof now. (no clue if that is new or not).

It is still a good deal for the money you spend to shoot there.

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Last time I went there was a guy next to me with a muzzlebrake on his 5.56. That was loud as hell. This is just going to compound that. Think I'll bring extra ear plugs to wear under my muffs when I try out my LR with the Blackout muzzlebrake I just installed.
    I mean, ****! People go out there to practice and that should involve firing in a standing position. Leave it to the government to eff it all up. If they wanted to burn some tax dollars they could have installed better benches.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Yeah I posted a pic on their Facebook page asking them why they installed the baffles. Their reply was to reduce the number of projectiles leaving the range. I replied that a ricochet seemed more prevalent now and that it was a matter of not if but when someone would be injured by that. What a joke. Looks like I'll be paying to go elsewhere now.

jsimmons6

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    St Martinville
    This was my main range. No standing now. After youre sighted in, shooting on the bench is boring. Im a tactical shooter. Guess im finding another place. Maybe at the camp. Also that steel support for the baffle in front of the bench could be dangerous if shot. Just saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom