Shooting in LaPlace Plant Parking lot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    This is near my subdivision, my daughter is a nurse at the hospital and said they are on lockdown. She also said that I know the deputies, but can't tell me who they are. I am friends with many SJSO deputies and see them at the range.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    The parking lot is where the construction workers park and are bused to the plant. There is always some road rage in the area with everyone trying to turn off Airline.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff Mike Tregre will hold a news conference at approximately 9 a.m. to release more information. WWL Radio will carry that news conference live.

Valero Energy released the following statement:

This morning there was a shooting involving law enforcement officers providing security at an off-site parking lot used by contractors working at the Valero St. Charles Refinery. Valero employees offer their thoughts and prayers to the officers and the families of the officers involved in the shooting. Refinery operations have not been affected. The incident remains under investigation, and questions about the incident itself should be referred to local law enforcement. Any contractor who normally parks in the Montz lot should not report to work today. All other employees and contractors should report as scheduled.

ArcelorMittal Laplace, remains under lockdown. Employees are asked to call the ArcelorMittal Laplace information line at 888-880-3677 for more information on reporting to work and plant status.

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Wonder if there's any alert to the neighborhood ?? I watched some of the live video but they weren't saying anything about remaining shooters. If I lived around there I'd want to know.

The reporter on the live feed said he didn't think there was a danger to surrounding areas.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    We had no neighborhood alerts, they did go to the houses on River Road and notify them as they are still searching for 1 suspect who ran into the woods. My son in law works at the Steel plant and they were sent home. There will be a press conference at 9am from our sheriff.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    They just had a spokesman on from st John and he avoided the question like the plague.

Because if he has no confirmed information to give then there is nothing to say, and I'm sure they are very busy trying to apprehend the suspects. The sheriff will give an update around 9am they said.

Top Bottom