Shreveport! Damn Yankee ARRIVED!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Would North Bossier have a better pick of rural housing?

Possibly. It will depend on how far north you go on Benton rd. or how far south on 71. You might be able to find a trailer to rent quicker going north. Not sure though, I've been out of the area too long and everything has changed.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    My Landlord rents properties in Bossier. He's a good man to deal with. Want his info?
    Rudy Hines (318) 347-2389, tell him Speedy Mercer in his Shreveport house sent ya.

sparky_benton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I thought it eased up since they extended the Bossier Parkway. Is it still a hassle?

Edited to add:
    You're right about North Bossier/Benton. There are some nice areas there too.
    I catch EVERY light.. the parkway does go to Slaigo road and its not that bad . Just getting around Airline and Barksdale is a PITA .

sparky_benton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks! We're looking through Bossier now.

Is moving from FL really transplanting, or considered a lateral move? Like going from good to good.
    I love it here , it reminds me of south Florida 30 years ago , without the ocean.
    We moved due to congestion and schools ( I don't speak good Spanish ).

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Bossier without a doubt. The Houghton area is pretty nice, and I am only 5 minutes from my driveway to the shed at Clarks. I would never move back to Shreveport.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I love it here , it reminds me of south Florida 30 years ago , without the ocean.
    We moved due to congestion and schools ( I don't speak good Spanish ).
    I take it you're 55-65? My dad is in that bracket and is alright here. If you're retired and married, and can afford to pay the housing here (not bad nationally, but for the local economy its insane), then this isn't a bad place.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I haven't lived there since 86' but we lived in bossier back then. If you want rural, I think you'll have to get out of bossier. Buddy loves it in Stonewall and I spent a good bit of time in Haughton back in the day. Where I was, was truly rural at the time

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I got a feeling I'm gonna get a lot of that at the garage, but I can live with it. As long as I'm bringing more into the community than taking out I'll get along just fine.

It should be a compliment to Southerners that more people are moving into southern states than into occupied states ie; MI, CA, IL, NY, CT, NJ, ect...

Shreveport!!! Your still going to be a damn Yankee!! :) just joking, welcome and good luck with the move!

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    The garage manager says he bought several acres in Haughton, maybe he could gimme a tour of the area.

I haven't lived there since 86' but we lived in bossier back then. If you want rural, I think you'll have to get out of bossier. Buddy loves it in Stonewall and I spent a good bit of time in Haughton back in the day. Where I was, was truly rural at the time

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I've lived a little over a year in Stonewall, and thouroughly enjoyed it.
    If I ever end up back there, that's where I would most likely go.
    For temporary digs, I had an apartment at Raintree Apartments for a year and a half.
    Was a decent place, at the time, and affordable.
    Stonewall has awesome schools, close enough to anything you may need, yet just far enough out to be in the country.
    Easy access to I-49, or Mansfield Rd, (Hwy 171).
    Deep south Bossier Parish, outside the city, or North Bossier, or Benton, would be my alternate choices.
    Not sure where your job will be, but that's my .02...

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Thanks for the .02.

I'll check the maps and see if it's far enough out but still good for a daily commute.
    I've lived a little over a year in Stonewall, and thouroughly enjoyed it.
    If I ever end up back there, that's where I would most likely go.
    For temporary digs, I had an apartment at Raintree Apartments for a year and a half.
    Was a decent place, at the time, and affordable.
    Stonewall has awesome schools, close enough to anything you may need, yet just far enough out to be in the country.
    Easy access to I-49, or Mansfield Rd, (Hwy 171).
    Deep south Bossier Parish, outside the city, or North Bossier, or Benton, would be my alternate choices.
    Not sure where your job will be, but that's my .02...

sparky_benton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I take it you're 55-65? My dad is in that bracket and is alright here. If you're retired and married, and can afford to pay the housing here (not bad nationally, but for the local economy its insane), then this isn't a bad place.
    I am actually only 44. caught the housing market in south Florida just rite.. moved here in 2005. Made the move before we were to old to re-establish ourselves somewhere else.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    IT"S A GO!!!

Just got the call today and will be starting 08/09/13.

After pole climbing school the following week, I will be a permanent fixture in the LA community.

Herohog, I'll give your landlord a call after I pass pcs, Thanks.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    IT"S A GO!!!

Just got the call today and will be starting 08/09/13.

After pole climbing school the following week, I will be a permanent fixture in the LA community.

Herohog, I'll give your landlord a call after I pass pcs, Thanks.
    Gimme a shout when ya get settled in and we will hit the ranges.

Top Bottom