Since we all love snakes.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Just got this in a e-mail......

Only in Louisiana! This is scary, talk about having nightmares. Can you imagine this visitor greeting you at the door? A couple of the pictures are close-ups be careful the first made me jump because I wasn't expecting it. This was forwarded by someone who lives/works in the Slidell area and wanted to share for safety purposes.

This is an unbelievable story!!! I opened my front door today to receive a FedEx package and as I shut the door I thought the wreath stuck me in the head. After I shut the door I looked through the glass to see what it was that stuck me and was looking face to face with a 5’ snake. You can’t even see it as you walk up to the door. The wreath is over 5’ from the ground. Still can’t figure out how it got up there??

Talk about bad omens!

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Front.jpg

photo.jpg

head.jpg

photo5.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'd die from a freaking heart attack right there. And after I came back to life, out goes the tree. Out goes the garland. Out goes the houseplants and every damned thing else that it might wrap around.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I had one like that climbing a post on my porch about a month ago. I just happened to have a 2lb hammer in my hand. One good hit to the head did it.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    We rang the doorbell one night on a call during the holiday season, and when the resident opened the door, a bird that had been nesting in their wreath flew into their house. We spent at least ten minutes assisting them in trying to herd the bird out the door before we could get on with taking their report. F#@k this, though. It wouldn't live long enough to have it's picture taken like that.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Yeah, I'd be repairing a door or replacing it. I'd also have the cops called on me for reports of gunshots in the area. I would be shooting everything I had to make sure that mother effer was dead. I hate snakes so much. I wouldn't even hesitate to destroy my door to kill that thing. And touch it afterwards? **** no. It would be in so many pieces I'd be able to hose it off my porch.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    All you big tough guys are killing me... :mamoru: Here's a picture of my son from a few years ago with one of those same man-killers like in the OP. We caught it in the backyard and took a few pics and let him go. The next one is a water snake we caught in that little ditch behind him.

2unls6kdqxieh7e05b.jpg

7p44jzkugou1iyv2k6t.jpg

krayzkajun

Cowboy Up
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Westwego,La
    Yeah, I'd be repairing a door or replacing it. I'd also have the cops called on me for reports of gunshots in the area. I would be shooting everything I had to make sure that mother effer was dead. I hate snakes so much. I wouldn't even hesitate to destroy my door to kill that thing. And touch it afterwards? **** no. It would be in so many pieces I'd be able to hose it off my porch.

Head Quarters assign those 94s to me. NAT:mamoru:

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    My mom called me once for a snake on the front door. Dang thing was wrapped around the chain for the glass door. Shot through the glass door, the front door and into the ceiling of the trailer. Dad got home and asked why I didn't just open the door and knock him off. Screw that, I'd rather sweep up the glass and patch a door!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They can climb about as good as anything short of tree snake....

The good news is they're harmless, and do live up to their name- they will take care of a rodent problem if there's one in the area. What they do not eat will be frightened away by their scent....

I have them around the house & leave them alone....6 feet long or better in not uncommon with these critters....

Top Bottom