So as far as past non-convictions....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    Not only according to me! But according to The Law ! Hell, Nola you should know that , but I'm sure that's one law YOU don't agree with. Lol

Phoenix 6.0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Bringin this one back up instead of starting a new thread

I got a MIP mardi gras 3 years ago. i just got a citation, not an arrest. i did a class and paid a fine so its not on my record. never went to court, just saw a DA. do i need to put that on my CHL app under arrest? and what documentation would i need to provide?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville

I got a MIP mardi gras 3 years ago. i just got a citation, not an arrest. i did a class and paid a fine so its not on my record. never went to court, just saw a DA. do i need to put that on my CHL app under arrest? and what documentation would i need to provide?

See post #2:

Q. I was arrested but the charges were dropped, do I still need an arrest disposition?

A. Yes, all arrest or summons must be listed on your application. Furthermore, you must provide a certified true copy of the court minutes, which reflects the final disposition of the charge and submit it with your application.

(LAC 55:I:1307.7 & 8)

Q. Where do I get a copy of my arrest disposition?

A. The records may be obtained from the Clerk of Court or District Attorney of the parish in which the arrest or prosecution occurred. If you were charged with a violation of a municipal ordinance, the disposition may be obtained from the City Clerk of Court or City Prosecutor.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Have you EVER been arrested for ANY criminal offense?

YES.

You will need a copy of the final disposition...something from the court saying how it was all resolved.

I have no idea what an MIP is, but it oes not sound like traffic, so the above would apply.

When in doubt, go HERE.

or

HERE

Unless it was a speeding ticket or some other 32 Code offense, you MUST list it and provide a documentation, no matter what it was, how long ago it was, what your lawyer told you, who your uncle was, or anything else.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
    :D

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    MIP is the shortened form for Minor in Possession of Alcohol, they tear them up at LSU games and such for whatever reason.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    When I applied I took it to mean any arrest...went to clerk of court, they ( she ) not a happy person either....had to go back to the great big hand written books prior to 1975

They had everything I ever did in there...all small JD kinda things , but they were there

Then a computer search.....

Then had to get an officer in that dept to type a letter and notarize it to send in saying I was kleeeen....

It was like when I signed for the Marine Corp in 1969, I left out pieces of my name...all the police stuff...hahaha...

When I went back a few days later it was all there in print, including a name listed only on my birth certificate

yep, I was accepted anyway...surprize, but then they would have taken Flipper

Ve haf our vaze...hehehe

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    NOLACOP - When I was a teenager I thought about doing a crime. As I was thinking about it a police officer rode by and gave me the look he was thinking about arresting me. My uncle was the sheriff and always thought of me as a delinquent but if arrested he would get me out of trouble. Even the priest in our town thought I was a criminal. Back then I thought about crime a lot and the police thought about arresting me. Even the judge though I would end up in his court. Do you think I need to report this? :D

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    NOLACOP - When I was a teenager I thought about doing a crime. As I was thinking about it a police officer rode by and gave me the look he was thinking about arresting me. My uncle was the sheriff and always thought of me as a delinquent but if arrested he would get me out of trouble. Even the priest in our town thought I was a criminal. Back then I thought about crime a lot and the police thought about arresting me. Even the judge though I would end up in his court. Do you think I need to report this? :D

:rofl:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom