So....How many of you are in the position to carry at work (I.E., on the job)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I work at UNO, so my gun gets to sit in the truck during BG's shooting spree. If something did happen, I hope UNO is ready for a hefty lawsuit for not providing adequate protection and infringing on my 2nd amendment rights and putting me in danger without the ability to defend myself.
    I took the CHP class this past saturday and the topic of gun free zones came up. We agreed that it's fine to keep a gun in the vehicle only. One or two people in the class works at LSU and was curious. Someone said that they should check with their staff/faculty agreements to see if anywhere it says they are not allowed to even have one in their vehicle. Curious if UNO has anything about it? FWIW

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    I took the CHP class this past saturday and the topic of gun free zones came up. We agreed that it's fine to keep a gun in the vehicle only. One or two people in the class works at LSU and was curious. Someone said that they should check with their staff/faculty agreements to see if anywhere it says they are not allowed to even have one in their vehicle. Curious if UNO has anything about it? FWIW

UNO has signs that say "NO GUNS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS" at all of the entrances. I've always been told that its ok locked in the car, so I can say for sure that the signs are ignored by at least one person.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I do. And my boss is actually happy about it. Unfortunately I had to break the news to him that chances are I'm running the other way. :o
    Not to mention you might get a promotion! :)

As far as UNO goes... I worked on campus a loooong time ago. They would occasionally send me with one of the campus cops to make the deposit. Once I had 250K+ in cash (registration time) and was in a car with a 80+ year old officer carrying a gun that looked to be rusted shut. Mexico was tempting but it just wasn't enough money! :)

Last edited:

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Company policy states None on person OR in vehicles....had some one suspecting about my IWB White hat cuz of double clips...immediatley dropped it and went to an uncle mikes in the Boot...Hey its better than nothing at all.
    When im in office alone it goes in desk drawer with drawer open.

catman3516

Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    belle chasse
    Company policy says no guns on company property at anytime, but both my service mangers said as long as it stays in my truck and doesnt ever come throgh the gates ,its kool. my glock 21 stays mounted in my truck.

Top Bottom