Stupid Things You See at Grocery Stores

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Still an American Company(Arkansas no doubt) that DOES buy and sell a **** TON
    of American Products.

They've even pledged to do more locally. I broke this down a while back.
    It was something like 2.6 million per store.

Wal-mart is also building these mini-stores that will basically be
    Grocery stores that will work with locals.

It's part of their new initiative backed by Mike Rowe.

They employ people, they buy American too....yet we still can't get behind them.

You don't HAVE to buy Made in China in Wal-Mart just b/c it's on the shelf.

Also/ Wal-mart has REDUCED it's restrictions to allow for local farmers
    to get their products in Wal-Mart.

Yet I know a few of these local farmers/business folks(personally) who grow foods
    and some who make boudin and sausages etc, that simply WON'T DO IT

....b/c Wal-Mart....

They can't let go of the grudge.

Wal-Mart must be realizing that their requirements to be a vendor are ridiculous for small businesses to adhere to.

I guess the grudge comes from the fact they were slaughtered in the Wal-Mart tidal wave in the 80's where they conquered all, and now they as the victors, want to control their lives in the spoils. :mamoru:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I agree with Nomad.

I do what I can to buy American Everything.
    I pay more for tools and building supplies from Stines over Lowe's and Home Depot.
    I LOOK for 'Made in the USA' products as much as I can and will pay more for it. I don't mind.

But I also don't have guilt about shopping at Wal-mart b/c of this age old meme.

:dunno: I think it's quite silly. Especially when Wal-Mart sells PLENTY of Made in the USA everything.

You guys act like the local stores AREN'T selling the same exact **** :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree with Nomad.

I do what I can to buy American Everything.
    I pay more for tools and building supplies from Stines over Lowe's and Home Depot.
    I LOOK for 'Made in the USA' products as much as I can and will pay more for it. I don't mind.

But I also don't have guilt about shopping at Wal-mart b/c of this age old meme.

:dunno: I think it's quite silly. Especially when Wal-Mart sells PLENTY of Made in the USA everything.

You guys act like the local stores AREN'T selling the same exact **** :mamoru:

Not me! I really just said Wal-Mart attracts shitty low lives! Generally speaking of course! ;)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Not me! I really just said Wal-Mart attracts shitty low lives! Generally speaking of course! ;)

I do see more Open carriers at Wal-mart more than anywhere else. :p

Rarely go to Wal-Mart, usually for special items.

Do go to SAMS more than Wal-Mart, not really a difference I guess.

BUT we also have the benefit of living close to a Meat Market
    that gets all it's pork and beef locally. As in if you show up Monday Morning,
    you can watch them make the 100 lbs of ground meat for the week. Mrs. Linda will be cutting
    the ribeye's, sirloins and butts and pork chops for that week too. I mean they get whole meats and make the cuts
    from them every week right there. Fresh. They also sell out too. Usually by Saturday, the meat counter is dry.
    Not sure where the chicken comes from but knowing her, within the State I'm sure.

We also live down the road a ways from the Reeves, LA where there is a Farmers Market
    and within 20 minutes we can reach 3 other farmers markets.

Better have a freezer though. Most of the markets don't sell the little pint sized containers of fruits and veggies.

So like I said, I probably do more than most considering where my money goes.
    Hell I'd say a good portion of my money that goes to (Groceries) looks like it stays
    within 50 miles of my house Meat/Veggies/Fruits LOL!

So you'll get no guilt trip from me about shopping at Wal-Mart. :p

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When I need to enter the door to the underworld aka Wally-World, I usually park in the back by the auto service bays where there is always a parking spot and stealthily enter the underworld back there. The basic configuration of a Super Wal-Mart allows me easy access to the crap I am needing to get in desperation; fishing, hunting, auto, electronics; while allowing me to keep my interaction with dirt bags to a minimum. :D

door-to-the-underworld1.jpg

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I have no guilt trip about shopping at wallmart, but the place disappoints me every time I go. I will go anywhere else but wallmart, but a few times a year my Wife makes me go so she can get something. The customers make me feel like I am walking through a human zoo. The parking lot and store are generally litter strewn. The employees are difficult to find, and have no idea how to answer you questions. The produce is strange, things like onions and peppers and such are huge, but seem to be mostly water, and lack flavor. Fruit often looks like it fell on the floor and was put back, and many times has nail marks from people squeezing it with press-on talons. One time, while browsing the kitchen isle, I found the source of the strange smell that was bothering me, a dirty diaper left in a 5 qt. dutch oven. On top of that, a grocery trip will take on average 45 min longer due to the size of the store and the longer wait in line. And go at night? No thanks, there are generally groups of shifty looking individuals gathered around cars vomiting bass at an impolite volume.

I will gladly pay more to shop anywhere else, but you generally aren't saving as much as you think shopping there.

The only reason I go to walmart alone by choice is it is the only place nearby the blood mobile shows up, and I will donate and leave without stepping foot into the store.

Rigolette

Pronounced "Row Gully"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    When I do enter the World of Wally, I take my time and go up and down as many aisles as possible just so I can see who's in there. It's definitely cheaper than going to the circus and most of the time, much more entertaining. The only time I really try and stay away is when the SNAP cards have been reloaded because my grocery cart rage tends to begin acting up. If you really want to see some entertainment, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the show around midnight on Christmas Eve as all the last minute shoppers scramble around looking for that perfect gift! And, yes, I'm single and don't have a life! I've been a sole single-parent to my son since he was four but now he's almost 20 and in college so my disappearing that late on a holiday really doesn't matter and the entertainment factor usually makes it worth it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    LOL

What's funny is when we do go, we ALWAYS check-out in the Garden Center or Sporting Goods.
    Used to do the same at the Jewelry Section.

I introduced the wife to this 10 years ago. She's never looked back lol

Never fails either. Front checking will be PACKED! long lines.
    We roll right by all the way down to the Garden Center and only the cashier is back there
    screwing off in the corner on her phone usually lol

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have no guilt trip about shopping at wallmart, but the place disappoints me every time I go. I will go anywhere else but wallmart, but a few times a year my Wife makes me go so she can get something. The customers make me feel like I am walking through a human zoo. The parking lot and store are generally litter strewn. The employees are difficult to find, and have no idea how to answer you questions. The produce is strange, things like onions and peppers and such are huge, but seem to be mostly water, and lack flavor. Fruit often looks like it fell on the floor and was put back, and many times has nail marks from people squeezing it with press-on talons. One time, while browsing the kitchen isle, I found the source of the strange smell that was bothering me, a dirty diaper left in a 5 qt. dutch oven. On top of that, a grocery trip will take on average 45 min longer due to the size of the store and the longer wait in line. And go at night? No thanks, there are generally groups of shifty looking individuals gathered around cars vomiting bass at an impolite volume.

I will gladly pay more to shop anywhere else, but you generally aren't saving as much as you think shopping there.

The only reason I go to walmart alone by choice is it is the only place nearby the blood mobile shows up, and I will donate and leave without stepping foot into the store.

When I do enter the World of Wally, I take my time and go up and down as many aisles as possible just so I can see who's in there. It's definitely cheaper than going to the circus and most of the time, much more entertaining. The only time I really try and stay away is when the SNAP cards have been reloaded because my grocery cart rage tends to begin acting up. If you really want to see some entertainment, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the show around midnight on Christmas Eve as all the last minute shoppers scramble around looking for that perfect gift! And, yes, I'm single and don't have a life! I've been a sole single-parent to my son since he was four but now he's almost 20 and in college so my disappearing that late on a holiday really doesn't matter and the entertainment factor usually makes it worth it.

LOL

What's funny is when we do go, we ALWAYS check-out in the Garden Center or Sporting Goods.
    Used to do the same at the Jewelry Section.

I introduced the wife to this 10 years ago. She's never looked back lol

Never fails either. Front checking will be PACKED! long lines.
    We roll right by all the way down to the Garden Center and only the cashier is back there
    screwing off in the corner on her phone usually lol

"Exactly!" Muhawhahah!

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've been liking what they did with the rouses off of power Blvd. They just renovated the place and it's nice. Not to mention you don't see many in there with food stamp cards etc. I would rank it above whole foods.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've been liking what they did with the rouses off of power Blvd. They just renovated the place and it's nice. Not to mention you don't see many in there with food stamp cards etc. I would rank it above whole foods.

Excuse me! There is no room for positivity in this thread, Sir! :p

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    One time, while browsing the kitchen isle, I found the source of the strange smell that was bothering me, a dirty diaper left in a 5 qt. dutch oven.

I just cannot let this one get by with just a loud chuckle.

GM, did the abhorrent breeding mess that did this, at least have the courtesy to put the cover back on the pot? :mamoru:

And please tell me you live NO WHERE near Prairieville!

Last edited:

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    Still an American Company(Arkansas no doubt) that DOES buy and sell a **** TON
    of American Products.

They've even pledged to do more locally. I broke this down a while back.
    It was something like 2.6 million per store.

Wal-mart is also building these mini-stores that will basically be
    Grocery stores that will work with locals.

It's part of their new initiative backed by Mike Rowe.

They employ people, they buy American too....yet we still can't get behind them.

You don't HAVE to buy Made in China in Wal-Mart just b/c it's on the shelf.

Also/ Wal-mart has REDUCED it's restrictions to allow for local farmers
    to get their products in Wal-Mart.

Yet I know a few of these local farmers/business folks(personally) who grow foods
    and some who make boudin and sausages etc, that simply WON'T DO IT

....b/c Wal-Mart.... :rolleyes:

They can't let go of the grudge.

Look up Vlasic Pickles. Ask em how they like Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart literally sucked the life out of that company. Read up on it. Very few people want to get into bed with em. It's a manufacturer's worst nightmare. They set the price points, they set the profit margins so they make x%, not the manufacturer.

But as someone said, it's your money, spend it how you want. You won't catch me in one.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I know the story.

The problem is that Vlasic should have said;

"Hey Wal-Mart"

2up8rw9.jpg

Our premium HUGE FREAKING GALLON of Pickles aren't worth having in your store.

....but that's not what they did....and now you can still buy Vlasic Pickles in Wal-Mart.

So I don't pity Vlasic. Don't bitch, then take their money for your product.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I find interesting is to think about what prices we'd be paying
    if there was no Wal-Mart?

Think about that for a second.

We'd all walk in the non-Wal-Mart stores with one of these pasted on the backs of our pants.

Think about that for a second! :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom