Sure are a lot of Newbies on here........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    The post count / time thing is something I am against.

We have had guys come on here & stir all kind of stuff & never sell anything and get banned.

Some guys only buy & sell and never cause a problem. I have bought from a few that mainly used the marketplace & never posted elsewhere. Not a problem.

Deal with the idiots as they need to be dealt with and don't penalizes the new guy's that can handle life.

This, and alot of men have wives and families outside of BS which do not afford them enough time to post twice a day everyday. Gives us a very nice little retreat when we get time to browse and catch up on threads and classifieds.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

We have had guys come on here & stir all kind of stuff & never sell anything and get banned.

Some guys only buy & sell and never cause a problem. I have bought from a few that mainly used the marketplace & never posted elsewhere. Not a problem.

Deal with the idiots as they need to be dealt with and don't penalizes the new guy's that can handle life.

What he said. It's not hard to just breeze past an ad including an item, price or member you don't like.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    This, and alot of men have wives and families outside of BS which do not afford them enough time to post twice a day everyday. Gives us a very nice little retreat when we get time to browse and catch up on threads and classifieds.

Decision Making:
    If I do something around the house or look at bayoushooter which makes "momma" happier? When "momma" is happy I get .22lr ammo and other amenities.

I tried to get on Gunbroker to sell years back. You needed to have feedback from buying to sell. So I bought an item & never got my feed back. I said the heck with it & moved on.

Oh, wait you only have 116 posts & have been here less than a year - I shouldn't be talking to you. (Insert emoticon to indicate I am joking and consider you an equal)

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    What he said. It's not hard to just breeze past an ad including an item, price or member you don't like.

I thought about going on a rant about the pussification of america and all kinds of other things to belittle those that don't think like me. Instead I decided to take the high road.

The argument sounds like gun control and AWB's. A shooting could happen if we don't take your guns or at least your high cap mags. A new guy might post and ad I can't handle viewing without butt hurt overwhelming me. So let's cut the new guys privileges because of what happen before he even joined.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Decision Making:
    If I do something around the house or look at bayoushooter which makes "momma" happier? When "momma" is happy I get .22lr ammo and other amenities.

I tried to get on Gunbroker to sell years back. You needed to have feedback from buying to sell. So I bought an item & never got my feed back. I said the heck with it & moved on.

Oh, wait you only have 116 posts & have been here less than a year - I shouldn't be talking to you. (Insert emoticon to indicate I am joking and consider you an equal)

:) I figured that! It's like the sergeant major just walked in and stirred up the hornet's nest. Don't penalize the good for the less than 1% bad folks. Exactly like the AWB, why is the general overwhelming majority of good guys going to suffer for a few guys with more blood in their poking stick than their headspace?

Last edited:

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    For once I'm glad to not have extra money laying about... If I was actually looking to buy anything right now it would suck.

yes it does suck..............for once I do have the $$$ and what I want is not around.........considering giving up the search for an ar (i was looking BEFORE newtown, just waiting on the $$$) now I have the money and the prices are just stupid.............I really only wanted it for fun anyway so I may just pass on it and get me a new .308 for deer hunting so I can expand where I deer hunt..............

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My vote would be for no classified posting until at least 10 comments made and 30 days of membership.

Also I like the current system with no junk feedback messages, but thumbs up / thumbs down feedback counter would be nice to see if other people think it is a good deal

Just do a 3 month membership minimum.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Bottom line. The majority of new members find us because of our marketplace. The marketplace drives traffic. Our sponsors pay us because of the traffic we generate. Sponsors and traffic are good. Any minimum posting requirements could impede that traffic.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    It does function that way. However, it is more beneficial to BayouShooter to let new members post their wares. It drives traffic through the marketplace, which IMHO is the heart and soul of this forum and makes it so successful. The downside is that it needs to be heavily policed, so it is our policy to put a mod in charge of it and drive him unmercifully to police all the idiotic people who refuse to read the rules. Said mod is forced to do this until he begins to drool and his eyes begin to bleed leading to a total breakdown upon which they usually go into the off-topic forums and COMPLETELY LOSE THEIR **** IN PUBLIC. It's fun to watch!

That makes sense. It does not take that long to kill a post that is out of line. :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Bottom line. The majority of new members find us because of our marketplace. The marketplace drives traffic. Our sponsors pay us because of the traffic we generate. Sponsors and traffic are good. Any minimum posting requirements could impede that traffic.

This guy right here, the lord of the marketplace, is the only person who should be complaining. And he isn't.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This guy right here, the lord of the marketplace, is the only person who should be complaining. And he isn't.

Oh, I complain. But it is to her:

h34fj9cladqd7y9tkkuo.jpg

Just remember, every time you post an ad without pictures or location or make an illegal bump, I freakin throw something at this dog. Your actions have consequences. Do the right thing for Sookie's sake.

dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not all of us newbs are all that bad. I've had a couple posts locked up from not having a picture, but that was just a failure to understand the rules. I've also completed 3 deals without a problem since becoming a member a few months ago. I've also met a few people that have taught me a few things that I didn't know about AR-15s and have been more than kind in the process. If it weren't for the Marketplace, I probably never would have come to Bayou Shooter. Now I spend a lot of time scrolling through all of the posts and classifieds because I don't like dealing with the sketchy strangers on Craigslist or Ebay. Bayou Shooter has been awesome to me as a person that's new to the shooting community. I'm also young and don't know as much as I would like to about a lot of things pertaining to guns, and the people on this site have been more than happy to help me with my questions. Thankfully, there is no rule about minimum number of posts or time to post on the classifieds or I never would've learned about the site. Now, it is easily the site that I visit the most.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    For me, I use the marketplace some, sponsors section some and the off topic/sports/politics sections to stay abreast of the local BS that the Advocate nor fellow coworkers do not always have info on.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

I'm with you on that one.^

It's easy to see when someone has registered and if they have sold or posted before in the past. I'd be just a little more Leary of buying from someone on their first post.

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    I can definitely understand being leery of buying from new guys, but hey everyone has at some point or another wants to sell something, and just because they have a low post count doesn't necessarily mean they are not worthy of the site.

Hell, I was one of the first people to register on this site and look at my post count. Sometimes I just don't feel as though I am going to make a substantial contribution to a discussion.

ckliebert

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There are also plenty of people that have been lurking around for a long time using this forum as an educational tool. I learned more about firearms reading through the classifieds in the first six months on BS than a life time of casual shooting. You aren't going to get many meaningful posts from people like that & would hate to be put in a place (as an infrequent poster) trying to come up with replies to threads just to get over some kind of minimum qualifications to participate in the classified section.

I understand the reasons behind locking the classified section but really don't like it from an educational (sometimes entertainment) standpoint and really would hate to see a limitation placed on who can post there.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Top Bottom