Syrian refugees beginning to arrive in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    While the daily caller article interviews the former chief, he mentions how things should be done? Where is the guy going out on the line and taking responsibility by saying that this IS actually happening?
    The DoD and DHS have both said in the past, the vetting that is done by the Europeans will suffice. There are many cases in Germany where names are taken, checked against the German internal crime database (data base of crime in Germany), and papers printed on the spot! Is this the vetting our Agencies are OK with?

I've come to feel that if someone is unwilling to inundate you with information and answers, there is something to hide. They aren't giving us answers.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    WHEN any of these "refugees" commits a terrorist act, anyone having anything to do with their migration into the U.S. should be held accountable; religious group or government.

That's kind of like laying responsibility for murder on the parents of the murderer.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    As far as the Catholic Services goes, it's mostly about the money and they will "adjust" their principals to accommodate as long as they get it. These service organizations have changed from being run by religious figureheads to businesses run by CEOs and CFOs. I think that there tax-exempt statuses should be reevaluated. And, is it just me or do a LOT of the "refugees" in the videos seem to be military-aged males?

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Not to panic but just found out that, at this point, only 2 families have arrived so far. Not saying there won't be more (I'm sure there will!) but there aren't 10K muslims in New Orleans ... at least not yet.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Not to panic but just found out that, at this point, only 2 families have arrived so far. Not saying there won't be more (I'm sure there will!) but there aren't 10K muslims in New Orleans ... at least not yet.

The picture in our local paper showed the first of many plane loads and there were a hundred or so - saw one pre-teen boy and no women or old people. Lots of military aged males. Lock 'n load.
    Obammy wins again.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    ok. Let them live next door to you then.

It's bad people I have a problem with, not someone who is in a bad situation. Honestly, how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

Stuff is bad in Syria. I don't blame people for trying to find a better life.

Sent via the Pony Express!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Your right Gus, I don't blame people for trying to find a better life. BUT, where will we go when we need to flee the violence?? Let's take every opportunity to stop it from coming here. I don't want my family our yours to have to have to deal with the same issues. Let's not let their problems become ours.

Last edited:

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    Also wondering god forbid,how bad the media will dogpile the guy who had to defend himself/family and how the courts will deal with it

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Alabama and Michigan are both saying no to any new refugees until they get more information. Alabama has "not received any Syrian refugees to date".
    Jindal is "demanding more information" on the refugees from Obama yet, they will continue to roll in as planned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The time is now prepare yourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Between the wide open southern boarder a northern boarder that seems to operate more like a check valve, and now this government sponsored invasion, combine that with a economic policy ripe for collapse and the UN push for citizens to be disarmed we are being set up to be overthrown.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but fellas dont get cought with your pants down.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The time is now prepare yourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Between the wide open southern boarder a northern boarder that seems to operate more like a check valve, and now this government sponsored invasion, combine that with a economic policy ripe for collapse and the UN push for citizens to be disarmed we are being set up to be overthrown.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but fellas dont get cought with your pants down.

Lol. Awesome. You should have ended that with WOLVERINE!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Whats the problem? Your U.S. Government has been importing these foreigners since 1970 at the rate of about 50,000 to 100,000 per year at least. It started with the Viet Namese people and continues every day of every year right under your noses. Since 1990 they have been importing the middle eastern people. Now it is the Syrians that have been coming for 2 years already actually because they don't tell you about all the exchange programs the gov. has.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Alabama and Michigan are both saying no to any new refugees until they get more information. Alabama has "not received any Syrian refugees to date".
    Jindal is "demanding more information" on the refugees from Obama yet, they will continue to roll in as planned...

Unfortunately, state governors have no constitutional power to "say no".

Top Bottom