Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    If they are licensed to serve the public, they can't very well keep the public out.

They tried that to maintain segregation. Didn't fly.

A public service such as the power company, water company, etc are licensed to serve the public; thus, they are regulated by the PUBLIC SERVICE Commission. Other companies have occupancy licenses and business licenses, which basically serve to allow them to operate under a reserved name and to collect sales taxes on behalf on the state. There is no license to serve the public.

Twoball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    Hammond
    Take your HAT off ......Wrap a TOWEL around your head next time you go to the bank .....I bet they will not ask you to remove the turban ....

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Take your HAT off ......Wrap a TOWEL around your head next time you go to the bank .....I bet they will not ask you to remove the turban ....

Maybe I'm confused, why would they need to ask someone to remove a turban, that wouldn't really block a camera. The rim of the hat is why it is a problem and also why some banks allow patrons to turn ball caps around.

Sant-Thakar-Singh-publicdomain.jpg

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I would consider the "Excuse me, what did you just say" and the "I will have to refuse" to be rude. It's not a big deal and just makes you look like a jerk. Seriously though, taking off your hat for thirty seconds is no big deal - especially when it is for the protection of the customer and the bank.

You really think that is being rude? To politely say that you refuse to comply? Man, the world is really changing fast..

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    WOW!
    4 pages on my personal decision ranging from internet insults to persons attempting to impose their personal hat policy upon me. I usually don't take the time to explain misunderstood internet posts but I will make an exception in this case.
    1. I was not rude to the teller. I smiled and politely asked questions and made statements. She was very nice and that is why I told her it was not her fault to make sure she understood that she was not the reason I was not going to comply.
    2. I asked the teller for a repeat of her first statement because I was concentrating on my business and honestly did not hear her the first time. It was only after the fact that I now know what she said the first time. I politely said "excuse me" for making her repeat it as I always do. I know it is hard to imagine the tone of a conversation from just the written word if no superlative adjectives and adverbs are used to set the tone of the written word so I forgive the person who called me a douche because he imagined in his mind that I was being rude to the teller.
    3. If I don't inform the person with whom I make contact with my intentions, the bank will never know that their policy is affecting my desire to continue to do business with their bank. I said it in a nice way and smiled the entire time.
    4. If I have made the decision to never remove my hat unless I want to, that is my business.
    5. I am not in the Marines anymore. I haven't been in the Marines for over 30 years. I don't have to follow Marine policy anymore either.

You politely refused to comply.. That is absolutely your right and I congratulate you.. Trouble is nowadays it seems that if you choose not to comply with every silly whimsical policy or rule you are quickly labeled a trouble maker.. I see both sides of the debate, but fundamentally it was about you expressing you choice to comply or move your business elsewhere.. It's really not that complicated, although some will try to make a mountain out of a molehill..

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't see how its any different than a nice restaurant telling you to tuck your shirt in or lose the beer-stained denim jacket.

if it offends you that bad do what most people do: go to the bank in your underwear while sipping coffee. (online)

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    man-portrait-ballcap-goatee-EdBook7895.jpg

"Good morning, I would like to cash this check."

"I'll need you to remove your hat sir."

article-0-026D22F9000004B0-490_224x339.jpg

"I would like to cash this check"

"Yes ma-am, right away."

Just sayin. There are always exceptions. At the bank I worked at, the tellers were required to ask the first guy to remove his hat. They were also instructed NOT to even THINK about asking the second one to show their face, and we had quite a few come though the branch all the time. I can understand needing to see who they are doing business with, but if your religion, personal beliefs, etc keep you from complying then maybe online banking is for you. Rules are rules and should be across the board.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The FDIC insures consumers in the case of the bank shutting down...not the bank losing money on day to day things. The bank protects itself by getting pictures of everyone and requiring that all images are clear :)

A more relatable story (and a true one at that). If someone stole a bunch of your grandmother's possessions, including her checkbook and ATM cards, and started using all of them, wouldn't you want the bank (or someone) to have a clear picture of them so charges could be pressed and they could stop preying on old ladies? Sure, the bank would take the hit for bad checks written and Visa / Mastercard would take the hit for false charges on the ATM or debit card, but still, wouldn't you want the offender to be caught?

When was the last time a bank was robbed from the drive-thru?

Seriously silly thread...

Why was the drive thru question not a good point?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There is so much truth hidden inside this silly thread that its a hidden treasure chest of knowledge about "the real world".

"Sir remove your hat."

"No, its ADA related"

"may I ask why?"

"Are you not familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act? I'd rather not discuss it. Deposit slip please" -legal and grounds for a suit if they push the issue.

It's one of those things where its "the rules" unless "other rules" prevent it. ie: wearing religious headwear

I'd elaborate further but it'd literally be a how-to on legally wearing masks in public- beyond any question or dispute.

Intelligent fellows can learn quite a bit from this thread actually. I am rather impressed at how far it accidentally achieved.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Flat-Bills....?

5914b997-45d3-4b16-aea2-c9305d0252c2.png

this is only illegal if the boxers showing above your jeans don't match.

wear purple boxers and no one would bat an eye.

:)

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    "Excuse me sir, I need you to take your mask off in the bank."

the-man-in-the-iron-mask-original.jpg

"I'm sorry, I cant. Its bolted to my head and I dont have the key."

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    A public service such as the power company, water company, etc are licensed to serve the public; thus, they are regulated by the PUBLIC SERVICE Commission. Other companies have occupancy licenses and business licenses, which basically serve to allow them to operate under a reserved name and to collect sales taxes on behalf on the state. There is no license to serve the public.

Are you sure of this? That's not the way I understand it, but I am not a lawyer.

I remember businesses trying to keep blacks out during desegregation using "we can serve only who we want to serve," but that has been a long time.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Maybe I'm confused, why would they need to ask someone to remove a turban, that wouldn't really block a camera. The rim of the hat is why it is a problem and also why some banks allow patrons to turn ball caps around.

]

My iPad isn't wanting to cut and paste So I'll just say you need to go do some more google picture searching...

Ball cap hoodie, mask.....

there are items of Islamic garb that cover more.... Point stands.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    My iPad isn't wanting to cut and paste So I'll just say you need to go do some more google picture searching...

Ball cap hoodie, mask.....

there are items of Islamic garb that cover more.... Point stands.

I wasn't responding to any point of bank preference, just practicality. A turban is different from a burka or a hijab.

On a seperate note I'd assume the reason you aren't asked to remove your hat at a drive through is the location of the camera. I've seen then next to the tube at eye level, where a hat wouldn't obstruct them.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    On a seperate note I'd assume the reason you aren't asked to remove your hat at a drive through is the location of the camera. I've seen then next to the tube at eye level, where a hat wouldn't obstruct them.

Good point. That camera at the drive-thru stares right into your soul.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom