The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdeuce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    Lockport
    i mailed mine certified mail and the USPS site showed that it was delivered, but I never got my green confirmation card back in the mail so I call LSP just to verify that there was no issue and they advised me that it was probably b/c my app was likely still in the mail room. I was advised that under current workload that it is taking approximately 30 days just to get it entered into processing and then the normal processing times will apply.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    They were quick for me. As stated before, my payment was lost somewhere between the Slidell USPS and the LSP. Got the notice of no payment about 30 days after mailing it. Resent the paperwork with another payment to my sister in BR and had her hand deliver it. Got my renewed CHP 8 days later. Maybe they bumped me to the front because of the lost payment, but either way, it was a fast turn around.

I don't expect the same efficiency with getting my refund on the lost USPS money order!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They were quick for me. As stated before, my payment was lost somewhere between the Slidell USPS and the LSP. Got the notice of no payment about 30 days after mailing it. Resent the paperwork with another payment to my sister in BR and had her hand deliver it. Got my renewed CHP 8 days later. Maybe they bumped me to the front because of the lost payment, but either way, it was a fast turn around.

I don't expect the same efficiency with getting my refund on the lost USPS money order!

The USPS owes me $550 from 02/03/2013 and will not pay.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Mine came in the mail today. New permit. Dropped off at LSP headquarters 03/14/14. Came today 05/15/14. Almost exactly 2 months

Last edited:

Qwerty

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Metairie
    Mine came in 6 weeks earlier than my friend whose only difference was not getting fingerprinted at the LSP office. For what it's worth.

jcm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Orleans
    Received mine today. I was surprised to get it back so quick. Submitted in person on 5/16, issued on 6/4, and received it in the mail on 6/11. Less than a month turn around time.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Mailed mine off 3/11/14 and received on 5/28/15.
    2 1/2 months I thought was fairly quick turn around time, I was expecting it to be 4 to 6 months.
    Going by what I was reading here and talking with people at the range, Average time was about 4 to 6 months. Some came quicker some slower. I guess it's luck of the draw.

Bigtex1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2014
    Katy, Texas
    Took about 6 weeks. I took mine to the LSP office here in Baton Rouge. Fingerprints done there too. The CCP window was very busy while I was there. At least a dozen apps turned in while I waited. About 45 minutes.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    My wife dropped hers off in person Friday the 27th of June. She had a lot of trouble due to needing the medical form and her general practitioner refused to sign off on the paperwork citing political reasons. She then had a meeting in person with the CHP department about this and they gave her some guidance stating to include a copy of the previous medical form and a sworn affidavit that there were no changes. We will see if she gets a renewal or not. She is getting a lifetime permit and they told her that she would need to send in the medical release or an affidavit every five years along with a new training certificate for the permit to remain active.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Wife finally got her permit today.
    Dropped in person 16 May. Issued 8 July. Received 12 July. 57 Days total. Longer than some, a LOT quicker than many, can't complain really. LSP CHP Unit is doing a bang-up job!

Top Bottom